The Molokidan Thread~! | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Molokidan Thread~!

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dunno, I really depends on your network of people and how many 'connections' you have, I'm finding out. I've seen people 'falling' into big translating jobs with people like Capcom or Square Enix just because they knew someone who worked there. So long answer short is: be social, I guess!
Nooooo! My weakness! *Gaaan* Though yeah, I'm not a social person. I've been trying to change though, honest! First I'd better bone up on my Japan speak. >_< I could be the life of the party, but if I can't translate it doesn't mean squat.

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Nooooo! My weakness! *Gaaan* Though yeah, I'm not a social person. I've been trying to change though, honest! First I'd better bone up on my Japan speak. >_< I could be the life of the party, but if I can't translate it doesn't mean squat.
Yes, me neither...but it really is necessary. Have you ever been to Japan? You'll see what I mean...that country is runs almost completely off of "コネ."

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, me neither...but it really is necessary. Have you ever been to Japan? You'll see what I mean...that country is runs almost completely off of "コネ."
Never been. I was going to in high school, but family issues kept that from happening....although my sisters plan to go ,and want to drag me along. If I can get enough leave to make the trip, I may end up doing it.

Ugh yeah, I know. Kone wa hitsuyou da ne.~ Doesn't stop me from being super antisocial. Ah oh well, gotta break out that shell sometime.

miercuri

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hey Dan, I registered because I really wanted to thank you for translating Vol 11 of Homunculus. You've made someone in some remote Eastern European country very happy!
I have to ask though, do you plan on translating Vol 12 and 13 as well, whenever that may be? I've noticed you're quite busy.
Browsing through your profile, it also sort of dawned on me that I owe much of my blissful manga reading hours to you. So thanks for the trusty Bleach translations (I must admit I had never really taken notice names on the credits page) and thanks for shedding some light on DMC. You're dedication to this is quite overwhelming. I'm really very grateful!
Good luck with all your manga projects, as well as literary translation (from a fellow rookie lit translator)!
Also, Merry Xmas!

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Thanks miercuri, it's always nice to hear from people like who suddenly realize that they've read a lot of my translations, and most of all, enjoyed them!

And as for Homunculus...time will tell in the future. I always have tons of projects on my plate, and it all depends on what people approach me with. But I'll do my best.

Thanks again!

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
明けましておめでとうございます。今年も良い年となりますように。

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
明けましておめでとう!今年もよろしくね!

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard that it snowed about 10 cm in Kyoto yesterday. Enjoy(?) the white New Year!

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Yeah, it really surprised me! Most of it is melted by now, but it's been nice.

Ethriost

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi there :)
Heheh, I finally take the time to register myself here.
I want to say thank you for being a faithful translator for World Embryo ever since the very first chapter. That is currently my most favorite on-going manga. And I hope you'll continue on translating it.

Also, I have some request for you as the only one translating WE. Please check your PM.

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Thanks, Ethriost. I hope I can keep translating it, too! We'll see, because I just keep getting busier and busier...

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
First time posting here, so...>__<"

Molo, I just got one really, REALLY curious question. I heard that you dropped Bakuman and Kekkaishi projects for MC. Just want to ask, what exactly happened there? Don't get me wrong though. I actually am not from that group, and won't going to request you to go back to them either, but since from looking at your translator page and stuff, correct me if I'm wrong and I mean no offense either, but you did say you'll translate anything, even the manga that you have absolutely no interest in, for some money, right? That's what got me really curious. I'm not totally sure about this, but I don't think you'll drop both projects that you've done for the same group just because you're busy (though I do know that you are indeed busy...>_>"). Interest has nothing to do with this either. So I got rather curious of what exactly happened that make you quit working with MC...Personally would like to hear your answer... .-.

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
Hi Ju-da-su.

Sorry, but I don't have any exciting stories of scandal or anything like that to tell you.

Quite simply, I'm getting ready to quit fan translating altogether. I'm slowly getting more and more professional work, and in a little more time, I'll be out of school and starting a full-time job. When that happens, I will have absolutely no time to translate manga anymore. Instead of just up and quitting one day and leaving everyone in trouble as to what to do, though, I'm trying to go through this in phases, finish up as many projects as I can, and then make a graceful exit.

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Congrats. あぁ、もう卒業なんですか。おめでとうございます。 春から忙しくなりますね。この夏は1ヶ月ほど京都にいるので、マンガ博物館はダン君のアドバイスどおり、期待せずに訪ねてみようと思っています。他にお勧めスポットがあれば教えてくださいね

Last edited:

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
ありがとう!

哲学の道は特に美しいから、是非お勧めしたい。良かったら案内してあげるよ!

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
わぁ、ダン君ロマンチストだ!哲学の道は染井吉野がとてもきれいですよね。(私は祇園白川の紅枝垂れの方が好きだけど。)あそこはデートコースでダン君の彼女に怒られそうな気がするので、一応遠慮しておきますね(笑)。でも、どうも有難う。それに私こぶつきで、ああいう2人というか2匹が一緒にいると(ぬらひょんの百鬼夜行を引き連れてるみたいな感じ)、あまり風流に散歩を楽しんでいられませんから。久しぶりに清水さんには行ってみようかなぁ、とは思っています。

Last edited:

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
デートコースなのか?俺は何回も歩いたことあるけど、それは知らなかった。。。多分、デートをあまりしないからそういう感覚はない(笑)。まぁ、とりあえず京都を楽しんで!

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
京都は3時ぐらいに少し揺れただけだとききました。ダンくんが京都でよかったです。大阪ビルは揺れたようです。今日は東京や横浜の知り合いに電話をして安否をたしかめたりしていたのですが、まだ余震で何があるか分かりません。外出には気をつけてくださいね。

molokidan

Hidden Boss ΣΣ(゚Д゚;)ナヌッ
Reaction score
Country
Guernsey
ありがとう。怖いね。

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country