Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm sure I say her in a comedy before "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen", "Boss Girl" or "This Is 40" , but that role isn't listed anywhere... She wasn't the main character and it was about a weird boy, who got into trouple with some other kids, each one of them had cars I think öhh, most probably direct to TV. I wish I could remember more.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
She is almost as good a reason.

Nope. And she probably won't ever, she can't act. She is pretty good at being "the hot one" in just about any movie though. Maybe someday she will just happen to be "the hot one" in a good movie. It would be a purely circumstantial thing though.
Time out is a good movie for me.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Watched Awakenings with De Niro and Robin Williams, impressed, it was a period of great movies for American cinema when it was made. Overall it felt really realistic with good individual acting performances as well as sad in the end, a feel good movie despite facing the realism in the end, character driven and a nice gem.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I went to see jersey boys yesterday. Not excellent but entertaining enough considering I never really cared for the four seasons. Perhaps it helped that me and my friends are prone to joking around at the movies. The Italian stereotypes got a bit tedious in the first 20 minutes though, some of it sounds like barely understandable gibberish (couldn't help but remember that one family guy episode where peter speaks Italian).... It was a few tens of minutes longer than it should be too.
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Watched Awakenings with De Niro and Robin Williams, impressed, it was a period of great movies for American cinema when it was made. Overall it felt really realistic with good individual acting performances as well as sad in the end, a feel good movie despite facing the realism in the end, character driven and a nice gem.
"Read the newspaper. What does it say? All bad. It's all bad. People have forgotten what life is all about. They've forgotten what it is to be alive. They need to be reminded. They need to be reminded of what they have and what they can lose. What I feel is the joy of life, the gift of life, the freedom of life, the wonderment of life! We've got to tell everybody. We've got to remind them. We've got to remind them how good it is."



btt:
I saw The Raid 2 this weekend and it kinda blew me away... this flick really raises the bar for what modern martial-arts-cinema can be. I'm totally hooked for the next output from Evans and Uwais.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
The new planet of the apes is great. Special effects are very good and serving the story. The apes are extremely well done.
I also saw Expendables 3 and as over the top as it is, I still enjoy it. The man of the movie is the hilarious Antonio Banderas.

What's the connection between Time Out (2001) and his post?
Amanda Seyfried is playing the hot one in it ... And it's from 2011 with also Justin Timberlake.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_15

Depending on your region, the name is either "in Time" or "Time Out"
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
The new planet of the apes is great. Special effects are very good and serving the story. The apes are extremely well done.
I also saw Expendables 3 and as over the top as it is, I still enjoy it. The man of the movie is the hilarious Antonio Banderas.


Amanda Seyfried is playing the hot one in it ... And it's from 2011 with also Justin Timberlake.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_15

Depending on your region, the name is either "in Time" or "Time Out"
OOOOOOOOOOH. I thought we were talking about megan fox, that post had me completely confused. I was looking for a megan fox movie called timeout and never found anything lol. I agree, timeout is a decent enough movie.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Nobody excited for Guardians of the Galaxy? I think I'm going to watch that.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Nobody excited for Guardians of the Galaxy? I think I'm going to watch that.
The two movies I'm going to see in augustus are GotG and Lucy.
GotG is my most anticipated movie of the year, it's new, it's marvel, what was shown so far is good.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nobody excited for Guardians of the Galaxy? I think I'm going to watch that.
I plan on seeing it this weekend. Looking forward to the Thanos cameo as well.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Guardians of the Galaxy. :thumbs :thumbs Two thumbs up!
Prepare to laugh... a lot! And it's good laughter as well... not the negative version.

Also, like all Marvel movies, there is a little scene at the end. It isn't a preview for a future movie though... at least I hope not.

it had Howard the Duck as part of The Collector's collection
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
"Read the newspaper. What does it say? All bad. It's all bad. People have forgotten what life is all about. They've forgotten what it is to be alive. They need to be reminded. They need to be reminded of what they have and what they can lose. What I feel is the joy of life, the gift of life, the freedom of life, the wonderment of life! We've got to tell everybody. We've got to remind them. We've got to remind them how good it is."



btt:
I saw The Raid 2 this weekend and it kinda blew me away... this flick really raises the bar for what modern martial-arts-cinema can be. I'm totally hooked for the next output from Evans and Uwais.
I liked the recital of the "Panther" poem by Rilke when he was explaining his condition to the doctor.^^

I also watched The Ice Storm by director Ang Lee, you can't go wrong with this guy at times, tho this was even better than most of his recent stuff imo, which was highly praised. The story is realistic, yet magical, the coming of age of many children just brings a wider perspective to the already decadent families and parents they have, so its two worlds looking at one problem differently. So many sub-themes as well, Christina Ricci is just AWESOME AND I LOVE HER AS A CHILDHOOD CRUSH! I can't believe I have not seen her in this movie. :faint She looked the best alongside with Now and Then.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Guardians of the Galaxy. :thumbs :thumbs Two thumbs up!
Prepare to laugh... a lot! And it's good laughter as well... not the negative version.

Also, like all Marvel movies, there is a little scene at the end. It isn't a preview for a future movie though... at least I hope not.

it had Howard the Duck as part of The Collector's collection
Actually

They are working on the Dr. Strange film. Howard ends up as the Doctors apprentice at one point of the comics. While I see new Howard the Duck quite unlikely, he might have sort of repetive cameo/sidekick part with Strange in cinematic universe.

Not sure though if I want that.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
They are working on the Dr. Strange film. Howard ends up as the Doctors apprentice at one point of the comics. While I see new Howard the Duck quite unlikely, he might have sort of repetive cameo/sidekick part with Strange in cinematic universe.

Not sure though if I want that.
Really??

Howard the Duck was Dr. Strange's apprentice?? He was never really appealing as a character so I never followed him... but really? Dr. Strange's apprentice?? I thought he was just there as a final laugh at all the people who waited till the absolute very end of the credits. Actually, I was laughing more at Laika, the Russian space dog licking the Collector's bandaged up face.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
"Nothing goes over my head, I have excellent reflexes" This movie was so good; I laughed more than I should've at times but man, I have to see it again. It's so different yet fits the Marvel cinematic universe so very well. The only thing I can remember thinking negatively of, is after a while, the emotional scenes just didn't appeal to me anymore; I guess amidst the jokes, some of them felt "too soon"?. But yes, this ranks up there with Winter Soldier for me.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I plan on seeing it this weekend. Looking forward to the Thanos cameo as well.
Okay, I got to see "Guardians of the Galaxy" this weekend and I thought the movie was pretty good. The main characters really made the film for me and becoming a team for the greater good or whatever was somewhat cliche, but still worked overall. Aside from Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana, I think, Bradley Cooper's voice performance as Rocket Raccoon was excellent. Bautista really showcased the Drax character well and created that balance between the other four characters.

Thanos's appearance was really well done and didn't overshadowed the film at all. He will eventually become the core element to possibly bringing these characters together will possibly The Avengers team or at least one or two of the main characters. Josh Brolin's voice work really brings Thanos to life and I can't wait to see this villain in action with the Infinity gauntlet.

Give the movie an 9 out of 10, the second best Marvel film for 2014 next to "The Winter Soldier".
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Finally got around to watch A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, some damn fine movies I've somehow delayed to watch for too long. Great performance by all actors, especially by Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonté and Eastwood. He might be a mighty asshole in real life, in regards to his ex-wife, but he's playing a fantastic hard boiled character. Got to refresh my memore of Dirty Harry after watching The Good, The Bad and the Ugly tonight.

Don't spoil me on GotG, release is still three weeks away here.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"Under the Skin" is by far the worst movie I have ever seen.

22 jump street : is better than 21 jump street.

Captain America 2: good

Syrup: okay
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Under the Skin is the worst movie you ever saw? Ahahaha, you must have only watched the highest critically acclaimed movies ever created your whole life. If the movie wasn't for you okay, but it's far from the worst movie, it was a fantastic movie if anything.
 
Top