Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You've go to be trolling, right? Those two are the biggest pile of shit I've had to endure in recent years, the new turtles excluded. If anything, those three are the trifecta of bad franchise movies in 2014.

Your taste in movies is really bad. :teehee
Im not going to see TMNT, looked pretty terrible and I dont like anthropomorphic animals.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im not going to see TMNT, looked pretty terrible and I dont like anthropomorphic animals.
Same! I'm afraid its just going to ruin my authentic childhood memories of TMNT. However, I don't think it will ever be more worse then the DBZ live action movies LOL
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Rurouni Kenshin Tokyo Inferno. :nuts can't wait for the third movie next month :blai
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Watched Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman, ingenius film that kind of pokes fun at tv drama as well as adding a more relaxed view in cross dressing in the period it's made. Sydney Pollack as actor and director was fun as wel reminds of great directors that took both jobs masterfully.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Tootsie was a classic! Would have won a lot more awards, but it was up against Gandhi that year.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Tootsie was a classic! Would have won a lot more awards, but it was up against Gandhi that year.
I figure it's way ahead of it's time.


Watched Being There with Peter Sellers, amazing dark humor, Life is a State of mind, the brilliance behind this is amazing, it's sort of going into realms of the mind dictating the reality, soft idealism from a childlike mind. Hilarious overall.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

-Pretty good visual effects, the black and white noire is still there like the first film. I really enjoyed the first segment with Marv and the main one (A Dame To Kill For), I do feel, Eva Green stole the movie and made it particularly worth watching. Josh Brolin's Dwight isn't as in depth as what, Clive Owen did with the character in the first film and since, majority of this movie takes place before the first film, it doesn't feel like there was anything improved with development in said characters.

-Joseph Gordon-Levitt does a pretty good job with the new story made for the film and his performances are pretty decent for what's being asked for in the role itself. And "Nancy's Last Dance", another new story was pretty to the point and tried to build off of Joseph's character and own story, which made it slightly confusing.

Overall as 7 out of 10. If you enjoyed the first film and interested or curious about this sequel, knock yourself out. :hip



Ghostbusters

-I got a chance to see this for the first time in theaters and it was grand. A very classic story with humor and paranormal references and Bill Murray is the best. Not bad for something that was released 30 years ago and still holds up to today without the fancy 3-D and CGI effects and this was a time period where real actors "acted" and didn't have to look like figure models in a display at Abercrombie and Fitch.

10 out of 10. :hee

-I'm hoping they can re-release "Blade Runner" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" in theaters, definitely worth $10 ticket to get that theater experience for these 80's classics.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Watched 3 women by Robert Altman, the sheer realism was so heartbreaking at times, you really feel for the characters in the movie, they are protagonists at one time, antagonists at the other, Pinky and Millie go from the villain to the hero between each other. The third woman is the mediating figure that both binds them and separates them.

I like how Millie goes around her apartment house and no one notices that she exists. :XD
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I'm hoping they can re-release "Blade Runner" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" in theaters, definitely worth $10 ticket to get that theater experience for these 80's classics.
The cinema around here gives a weekly "classic sneak" where they show movies from 1950-1999... that gave me the chance to see many great classics on the silver screen, like: Blade Runner, Breakfast Club, Murder by Death, Good Morning Vietnam, North by Northwest, Dr. Strangelove, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, GoodFellas, The great Escape, Alien, The Shawshank Redemption and many more.
From time to time there's a rotten tomatoe between those gems, but overall i'm really grateful for this weekly event.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The cinema around here gives a weekly "classic sneak" where they show movies from 1950-1999... that gave me the chance to see many great classics on the silver screen, like: Blade Runner, Breakfast Club, Murder by Death, Good Morning Vietnam, North by Northwest, Dr. Strangelove, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, GoodFellas, The great Escape, Alien, The Shawshank Redemption and many more.
From time to time there's a rotten tomatoe between those gems, but overall i'm really grateful for this weekly event.
Sounds awesome and I wish this could done all over America. There's so many films I admire, that I'd love to see in theaters now. I was lucky enough to see the re-release of "Empire Strikes Back" with all that extra added stuff, but it was still amazing.

If there is one film I'd recommend to anyone (yourself included), would be to see "Metropolis" by Fritz Lang in theaters. This film alone has inspired so many of today's directors, artists, photographers, etc, it's not even funny. The music alone would be amazing in IMAX.
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Yeah, they showed Metropolis when it got re-released in 2010 and it was great seeing it on the big screen.
This movie is clearly a timeless masterpiece that has influenced the visuals and narrative of cinema in a great way.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (blu-ray dvd)

Picked this item up today. Definitely recommend it and was the best sequel and comic book film made ever.

The story was solid. The acting was well orchestrated. No boring scenes at all, the momentum kept picking up more and more throughout the film.

Black Widow, Nick Fury, Agent 13 and Falcon were all great contributions to the this sequel as well as Alexander Pierce. The 70 year gap between the "First Avenger" and "Winter Soldier" really shows through Steve's encounters with today's world and his reflections of the past. There's more depth into that experience with Steve's relationship with Bucky Barnes, who's later revealed as the Winter Solider. What's more is that, this sequel is merely one half of a bigger story that will continue in the third installment.

I'd give the dvd a 10 out of 10.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
What do you guys think of the new Batmobile?

I have to say I like this more than the Tumbler from Dark Knight trilogy.

---------- Post added September 11, 2014 at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was September 10, 2014 at 08:18 PM ----------

New image, tweeted by Zack Snyder himself:

 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It seems like they aimed for a compromise between the tank thing from the dark trilogy and a more traditional batmobile. I like the design although I wouldn't have minded batmobile more consistent with the comic book. Then again it does seem like the movie will take a lot from "the return of the dark knight" movies so it makes sense they would go with something like this. I am kinda hoping they do not take THAT much from those though, it would be like giving away the plot of the movie this early. Just hope the movie is not about batman making a statement to superman and there actually is someone for them to fight. Seeing that there won't be any particular bad guy other than luthor perhaps the plot will be around luthor setting up superman so that the god damned batman hunts him down. Also, a got a good laugh at this. You need to have seen the supercafe bits for it to be funnier though.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I finally saw edge of tomorrow. This was the best "tom cruise" movie since maybe Jerry Maguire (if you don't count his hilarious role in tropic thunder).
A real pleasant surprise. The scenario is good and manage to not repeat itself too much. My biggest surprise of the summer.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I finally saw edge of tomorrow. This was the best "tom cruise" movie since maybe Jerry Maguire (if you don't count his hilarious role in tropic thunder).
A real pleasant surprise. The scenario is good and manage to not repeat itself too much. My biggest surprise of the summer.
Really? I thought it was a failed movie, maybe because i read both the novel and the manga before watching it.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
For me the edge of tomorrow was just ok... I definitely wouldn't call it the best tom cruise movie of the past few years. At least for me oblivion, mission impossible 4 and jack reacher were miles ahead of it. Which is pretty much all of his movies from the past few years lol...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I wasn't that impressed with Oblivion honestly. I guess it was an interesting concept, but it just felt bland.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,923
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It was a tad blander than the trailer suggested at least lol. What I didn't like was the fact that the world was mostly populated by tom cruise. And the fact that the girl literally has tom cruises to spare. I could have done without those parts.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I m surprised by your reactions but the movie seems to generate really random reactions. It got a massive 8.1 on imdb but only 43 on metacritic
 
Top