Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
dude how bad is that new ben affleck batman costume?? looks like a black veiny shlong lol
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Come on, its not that bad lol. If you zoom on it you can see that it is simply the fabric that looks like that from afar, up close its a bit different. I really don't think it looks that bad lol.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Come on, its not that bad lol. If you zoom on it you can see that it is simply the fabric that looks like that from afar, up close its a bit different. I really don't think it looks that bad lol.
worst batman costume of all time! it's supposed to be sleek and sharp, not gross like a gimp suit lol
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
worst batman costume of all time! it's supposed to be sleek and sharp, not gross like a gimp suit lol
Well, it is a tad different from usual although I have my doubts about it necessarily having to be "sleek". The usual batsuit you see in movies is more of an armor. In this case my take is that they wanted the suit to be more like in the comics where usually it is also a fabric rather an an actual armor safe for specific parts. They also made the batsuit more like the ones in the comic books in that it makes ben affleck look like 90% of his body mass is concentrated in his pectorals. Its a bit different from what has been done before, which IMO is good in itself, they have to be bold in a movie where an ant is supposedly stepping up to a god (lets face it, superman is objectively better looking, smarter and more powerful than any human being). And the batsuit is in itself good, it actually looks badass and I would argue that among all the batsuits before it is the one that would most realistically succeed at scaring the crap out of someone in the dark. And the batmobile looks awesome. It is a pretty good combination of the tank bale had and a more traditional batmobile. Well, I admit the cowl is a tad weird although it is not bad per say either. I am open to changes though. I do think the actual bat symbol on his chest should be more sleek though. Looking at the belt it looks like it will have a tad more functionality than the one in the bale movies too which is AWESOME. I like the bale movies but the utility belt never got as much focus as it deserves. And to be fair, it is physical impossibility for a batsuit to be worst than the one with the bat-nipples. They could have given afleck a pink batsuit with polka dots and it would still be better than that...

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I just saw the sad batman memes. Internet, you are AWESOME!
 
Last edited:

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here's the link for the new "Interstellar" trailer:

p.s., Movie looks to be another Nolan masterpiece.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wow...I remember seeing that teaser trailer earlier this year and wondering what the hell it was about. But that looks amazing.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Really? it reminded me of that old movie jodie foster was in... contact or something lol. Trailer didn't do anything for me...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Really? it reminded me of that old movie jodie foster was in... contact or something lol. Trailer didn't do anything for me...
McConaughey was also in that one haha

Really? Nothing? It definitely piqued my interest
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
My interest was already piqued from the teaser and reading the ideas behind the film and Interstellar travel in general, so I'm definitely up for another Nolan experience. Spaception :cheez.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I recommend Silver Linings Playbook, since it wasn't bad at all; however, some parts just felt too repetitive.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I just saw godzilla and i think it was amazing. I saw what i came to see: a movie about huge monsters. Special effects are great, Destroyed buildings looks really real. The trio walter white - kickass - younger olsen is really good. I m surprised by elizabeth olsen. She is a better actress and is cuter than her famous twin sisters.

About the scenario, this is really a movie about monsters. Puny humans are nothing against nature. From the beginning, godzilla is presented as an alpha predator, a god. And against this god, humans are nothing. For most people, it s a problem. My friends didn t fully enjoy the movie. Humans are dying at a rambo pace and military is stupid. And the realisator didn t play a lot on emotions. Why should we cry over insects ? Godzilla is the star, the enemy, the hero
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just saw godzilla and i think it was amazing. I saw what i came to see: a movie about huge monsters. Special effects are great, Destroyed buildings looks really real. The trio walter white - kickass - younger olsen is really good. I m surprised by elizabeth olsen. She is a better actress and is cuter than her famous twin sisters.

About the scenario, this is really a movie about monsters. Puny humans are nothing against nature. From the beginning, godzilla is presented as an alpha predator, a god. And against this god, humans are nothing. For most people, it s a problem. My friends didn t fully enjoy the movie. Humans are dying at a rambo pace and military is stupid. And the realisator didn t play a lot on emotions. Why should we cry over insects ? Godzilla is the star, the enemy, the hero
I agree with you, but what you just explained is like the last 30 mins of the 2 hour film and the movie was plan boring for me. And the monsters should've fought more in the daylight like the classic films.

p.s., Bryan Cranston and Godzilla make their brief appearances in the film. What the hell...?. At least, "Days of Future Past" comes out this friday, can't wait.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh I saw Godzilla on Friday. Probably the movie so far that I would pin as one of my worst uses of money in the theater setting. Just largely misguided movie with its priorities not truly where they ought to have been. Forced drama and forced romance was just plain awkward. In any case, I think whoever was the one to pen the destruction scenes deserves commendation. Probably really minor but the explosion of one airplane, causing the next one to explode, and the next one, was the most ingenious scene Ive seen in a movie in awhile.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This is confirming me that opinions on Godzilla are really diverse. It's going from borderline Great to Awful.
I didn't get two same opinions yet.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, I'm getting a lot of mixed reactions to it as well. Kind of strange.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I liked the movie although it I can kinda see why people would be a tad mixed about it (although the movie itself did have pretty good reviews). The movie did IMO miss the mark about what it was (although just a bit). It was in a weird spot between being a giant monster movie and an action flick to some extent. I did feel we did not get enough giant monsters fighting each other, I wouldn't have mind an extra 5-10 minutes of fighting between the monsters. I guess you can have too much monster fights but in this scenario I feel it is better to have too much instead of not enough of that considering it is a godzilla movie.

What I did find strange in the movie is that there is seemingly no reason whatsoever for godzilla to actually hunt the other kaiju down. There is simply no context except godzilla seemingly giving such a remarkably amount low amount of fucks about the. From what I gather this is something that carries over from the old movies and makes sense to Japan since in their culture and tradition monsters are usually chaotic beings who just kinda do stuff. Still, looking into it it makes no sense whatsoever that godzilla would target those guys. They didn't do anything to him as far as we know and godzilla did not even eat them. He seemed to have been hunting them for sport which from a purely evolutionary standpoint seems kinda ridiculous.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just watched "Blade Runner" and "Legend" back to back tonight and Ridley scored an A with both of these films, in my opinion.

Anyone have any information on the possible theatre release or DVD date for "The Wind Rises"....?. Really want to see Miyazaki's last film.
 
Top