Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Star Wars trailer looked terrible. Where is my Hayden Christensen?! I loved him lots in the movies and was one of our best actors in the generation.

Something about this whole trailer made it less exciting than episode 3. Though I loved episode 3 so maybe theres some lurking bias. Maybe its the lack of special effects, like particles and explosions. Only the scene with the speeding spacecrafts was exhilarating but it was too short.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Thanks god no Christenssen. He was horrible. For me this seemed way better than III
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking of Christensen, I saw this last night and it made me remember how much of a joke II was. Smell the cheese.


This trailer didn't really leave any impression on my if I'm honest; I'd say it was less appealing that even the Jurassic World trailer. That probably doesn't mean I won't see it; the franchise has a huge cult following and even those only know it by name will want to check it out and see what the fuss is about.

The new lightsaber was not cool. At all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hayden Christensen was terrible in Attack of the Clones, but was somewhat redeemable performance-wise in Revenge of the Sith. Still, there were so many better choices for Anakin than that guy. You can see how much his career has taken off since the prequel trilogy...:lmao

I don't get the uproar over the Sith's/Dark Jedi's lightsaber. There are a ton of funky lightsaber designs in the EU. You can't really complain about the practicality of such a thing when they're fighting with the most impractical weapon imaginable already.

I think the trailer was decent, I want to see more. Unlike Jurassic World, for example.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Star Wars trailer looked terrible. Where is my Hayden Christensen?! I loved him lots in the movies and was one of our best actors in the generation.

Something about this whole trailer made it less exciting than episode 3. Though I loved episode 3 so maybe theres some lurking bias. Maybe its the lack of special effects, like particles and explosions. Only the scene with the speeding spacecrafts was exhilarating but it was too short.
Why would he be in it? It takes place years after Return of the Jedi and Darth Vader is dead.

It's just a teaser trailer, designed to barely show anything on purpose.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I very much enjoyed the tease trailer. The classic shots of Tatooine were superb. The fighters racing across that body of water looked nice. I love the way the storm troopers look in this trailer. No more cgi troopers, but real actors in well-made costumes. That's how it should be. The funky looking lightsaber was a welcome surprise. I'm glad the director is trying to incorporate new elements into this film. I almost wet my pants when I saw the Millennium Falcon in the last part of the trailer. I'm very excited for this film.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

The Jurassic World trailer looked okay. I agree the cgi was not all that great. Hopefully there will be more practical effects seen in the future trailers. I just hope the director tries to mimic some of what Spielberg did in the first film. The suspense buildup and tension in Jurassic Park is what made it such a good fantasy horror/thriller movie. The classic scene where you see the T-rex slowly break through that electric fence is unforgettable. I have high hopes for this film after having to watch two disappointing sequels.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hayden Christensen was terrible in Attack of the Clones, but was somewhat redeemable performance-wise in Revenge of the Sith. Still, there were so many better choices for Anakin than that guy. You can see how much his career has taken off since the prequel trilogy...:lmao

I don't get the uproar over the Sith's/Dark Jedi's lightsaber. There are a ton of funky lightsaber designs in the EU. You can't really complain about the practicality of such a thing when they're fighting with the most impractical weapon imaginable already.

I think the trailer was decent, I want to see more. Unlike Jurassic World, for example.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------



Why would he be in it? It takes place years after Return of the Jedi and Darth Vader is dead.

It's just a teaser trailer, designed to barely show anything on purpose.
Nah man, Hayden is the best actor of this generation

Btw, watched this, pretty entertaining

 
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hayden Christensen was terrible in Attack of the Clones, but was somewhat redeemable performance-wise in Revenge of the Sith. Still, there were so many better choices for Anakin than that guy. You can see how much his career has taken off since the prequel trilogy...:lmao

I don't get the uproar over the Sith's/Dark Jedi's lightsaber. There are a ton of funky lightsaber designs in the EU. You can't really complain about the practicality of such a thing when they're fighting with the most impractical weapon imaginable already.

I think the trailer was decent, I want to see more. Unlike Jurassic World, for example.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------



Why would he be in it? It takes place years after Return of the Jedi and Darth Vader is dead.

It's just a teaser trailer, designed to barely show anything on purpose.
Ugh :( I guess I need to get to watching the ones that come after episode 3.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ugh :( I guess I need to get to watching the ones that come after episode 3.
You didn't see the original trilogy, but watched the prequel trilogy? :XD Dunno if I've ever heard of that one... Sorry if I spoiled something, but I figured everyone knew that...:oh

There are things about the prequel trilogy that I liked, but there were many more I disliked. Hopefully the new trilogy won't be completely cgi and lifeless like the last one.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I watched the trailer again, and must say that I felt the McQuarrie original concept art this time pretty strongly oozing from the visual style. I'm on stand-by. I had a pretty good feel of the film before the trailer. Now I'm not in the hype, but not turned off either. Just wait and see.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You didn't see the original trilogy, but watched the prequel trilogy? :XD Dunno if I've ever heard of that one... Sorry if I spoiled something, but I figured everyone knew that...:oh

There are things about the prequel trilogy that I liked, but there were many more I disliked. Hopefully the new trilogy won't be completely cgi and lifeless like the last one.
I need to find time to watch them. My parents took me to the theaters to see the old star wars but I kept falling asleep in them. Same thing happened with me and LOTR so I just need to find Star Wars in the library and watch on my own time.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 :thumbs
Directed by: Francis Lawrence
Screenplay by: Danny Strong, Peter Craig (Based on Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins)
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland, Natalie Dormer, Sam Claflin, Willow Shields
Watch it if you like: The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Can't get enough of Cressida (Natalie Dormer)!
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Really? I've mostly only seen people panning it.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well they're probably panning it because of the lack of action and too much emphasis on rescuing Peeta and the Capitol vs. District 13 propaganda battle. Someone told me about the lack of action in the movie before I watched it so I didn't expect much action. The people who read the books praised it because it's faithful to the last book.

---------- Post added December 01, 2014 at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was November 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM ----------

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jordantimber

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 17, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
India
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 :thumbs
Directed by: Francis Lawrence
Screenplay by: Danny Strong, Peter Craig (Based on Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins)
Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland, Natalie Dormer, Sam Claflin, Willow Shields
Watch it if you like: The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Can't get enough of Cressida (Natalie Dormer)!
I did enjoy huger games and catching fire but i did not feel too much connection to mocking j as i felt with first two parts.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Enough Said :thumbs
Directed by: Nicole Holofcener
Screenplay by: Nicole Holofcener
Starring: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini, Catherine Keener, Toni Collette, Ben Falcone, Tavi Gevinson, Tracey Fairaway, Eve Hewson
Watch it if you like: Up in the Air, Before Sunset

I smiled and chuckled a lot while watching this movie. Julia Louis-Dreyfus gave a good and really cute performance. :) She deserves her Golden Globe nomination.

---------- Post added December 05, 2014 at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2014 at 08:05 PM ----------


---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Suicide Squad (2016) Cast Announced:

Jared Leto as The Joker
Will Smith as Deadshot
Tom Hardy as Rick Flag
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
Cara Delevingne as Enchantress

Oprah Winfrey, Viola Davis, and Octavia Spencer are being considered for the role of Amanda Waller, while Jesse Eisenberg may reprise his role as Lex Luthor from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Directed by: David Ayer (Fury, End of Watch)

Sources: DCComics.com, Wikipedia
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Casting news for Bond 24:

Spectre

Directed: Sam Mendes
Screenplay: John Logan, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and Ian Fleming(characters and original novels)
Starring: Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Rory Kinnear, Christoph Waltz as Oberhauser, Dave Bautista as Mr. Hinx, Monica Bellucci as Lucia Sciarra, Léa Seydoux as Madeleine Swann and Andrew Scott as Denbigh.

Synopsis

A cryptic message from Bond's past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organization. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.

Release date: 6th November 2015
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,287
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So... ryan reynolds is going to be in the deadpool movie. I wonder how the mask thing is going to work out. IMO what they should aim for is for someone who is genuinely funny to voice the guy rather than casting somewhat of a big name. The face shouldn't be important anyways. I think they are missing the opportunity to do something genuinely funny by casting reynolds.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Really? I think Reynalds is pretty funny. I mean, as far as the standard for pretty-boy meathead actors goes. He can pull his weight comedically.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,287
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, yeah, he is not bad but he isn't downright hilarious. His "humor" in movies usually amounts to smartass which is not bad but isn't that good either. Deadpoll is an insane character without a face who breaks the fourth wall and trolls everyone. There is no need to cast reynolds or his voice. It would be cheaper and better to get some random dude in a costume to do the action scenes, never see his face and give him the voice of someone who loves the character and does genuine comedy. With reynolds the deadpoll movie will simply be another action flict with reynold being a smartass (which is his precise roll as deadpoll in the wolverine movie, the blade movie and whatever other action movie he has done. Reynolds is a good actor with even a few good movies to his name but even then IMO he is not the right person for the role. The role does not need a face, deadpoll is deformed basically faceless monster. They should capitalize on that and focus on giving him a voice with genuine humor and ability to troll.
 

sayounara

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Afghanistan
Last edited by a moderator:
Top