Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Lady Vengeance is my favorite one, it´s an even more personal story of a woman who is stuck between the need for revenge and the search for redemption, and stylistically speaking, it seemed Park was even more in his element.
I would also recommend Joint Security Area, shows how fucked up the relations between North and South Korea is.
Thirst is not something you have to watch but i found it ok, the actors were really good.



Didn´t you get into Asian cinema due to Kim Ki-Duk?
Oh yeah Joint Security Area is quite good, how could I have forgotten about it. I agee about Lady Vengeance, I liked it more than Mr Vengeance because of how we get really into the main female character, I also watched I'm a cyborg, thought it was a fun movie, but doesn't really fit Park's style imo.This reminds me I should check out Stoker some time, saw the trailer a while ago and found it interesting.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Check out Bong Joon-ho's (Director of The Host and Snowpiercer) films as well:
Memories of Murder, Barking Dogs Never Bite, Mother.
 
Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Check out Bong Joon-ho's films as well Memories of Murder, Barking Dogs Never Bite, Mother, The Host, Snowpiercer. You've probably seen the last two.
I did see Snowpiercer recently, good movie.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Mr. Vengeance is my favorite among the three. Talk about tragedy.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Mr. Vengeance is my favorite among the three. Talk about tragedy.
Lady Vengeance story is also quite tragic, and I have a soft spot for that movie since it features some Vivaldi pieces.(he's my favorite composer)
Another thing I like about Park's movies is the music, Oldboy has some pretty good pieces like the Last Waltz. :wtf
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Lady Vengeance is also the only one who won the Blue Dragon Film Award Best Picture among the three.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Stay away from Thirst, it's a boring vampire movie.
I will still watch it. :p Only watched 4/9 of Park Chan-wook's films as of now.

Watching a director's whole filmography is fun especially when said director doesn't make so much films. Just watched all Paul Thomas Anderson's films earlier this year.

Only Death Proof and The Hateful Eight (December 2015) remaining for Quentin Tarantino. Blood Simple, Barton Fink and Hail, Caesar! (February 2016) remaining for the Coen Bros.
 
Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
The hallway fighting scene is Oldboy is easily one of my favorites, it feels more realistic and I never thought someone with a hammer could do so much damage XD

This all makes me want to rewatch the Vengeance trilogy.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Lady Vengeance is also the only one who won the Blue Dragon Film Award Best Picture among the three.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------



I will still watch it. :p

Watching a director's whole filmography is fun especially when said director doesn't make so much films. Just watched all Paul Thomas Anderson's films earlier this year.

Only Death Proof and The Hateful Eight (December 2015) remaining for Quentin Tarantino. Blood Simple, Barton Fink and Hail Caesar (February 2016) remaining for the Coen Bros.
No problem. Visually I think it was interesting, but storywise there wasn't much to it. At least it's not Twilight :p
You can't do worse in terms of vampire movies.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Has anyone seen Spike Lee's Oldboy remake? Heard no good thing about it. I'll probably still watch it just for the sake of watching all of Elizabeth Olsen's films.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Has anyone seen Spike Lee's Oldboy remake? Heard no good thing about it.
Yeah apparently it's bad, nothing surprising here, the original would always be better, and Spike Lee wasn't a good fit either.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Lady Vengeance story is also quite tragic, and I have a soft spot for that movie since it features some Vivaldi pieces.(he's my favorite composer)
Another thing I like about Park's movies is the music, Oldboy has some pretty good pieces like the Last Waltz. :wtf
The best song from Oldboy for me is the Farewell, My Lovely accompanied with this scene:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Has anyone seen Spike Lee's Oldboy remake? Heard no good thing about it. I'll probably still watch it just for the sake of watching all of Elizabeth Olsen's films.
Skipped through it because it's on AmazonIV and damn the mass fight scene was done sooooo hprrible and Samuel was Samuel again. Skip it if you can.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Eric the Actor ROFL :XD

Eh, but I kind of have to agree about the Tom Hardy thing. While I really enjoyed the movie, I feel like Hardy was pretty underused. I get that it's supposed to be a sequel and I'm not complaining that it wasn't a real reboot, reestablishing the character and who Mad Max isn't necessary...but, I really don't get why they went with a story that really had very little to do with him. It's a minor complaint because of how well done the film was, but it's still legit in my eyes. Hopefully the next one will feature him much more prominently.
 
Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just love Honest Trailers, it´s like they articulated everything that was in my mind after watching it, except the failed Furiosa-redemption thing that was not really explored. What was with the grunts? Show that humans took on a more animalistic nature? It was so annoying. The fuel and water thing...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

:pogchamp

New Star Wars teaser
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

Rest in Peace.

---------- Post added September 01, 2015 at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was August 31, 2015 at 10:41 AM ----------

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Saw Straight Outta Compton and I thought it was REALLY good. Great casting, great music, great everything. Highly recommend!!
 
Top