Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about waiting in line to see it, but I'll definetly watch it on the day it's out. I'm also anticipating Ridley Scott's version of Robin Hood which reunited him one of my favourite actors; Russel Crowe, that's out in May, but I don't know exactly what day.

Here are the release dats for Iron Man 2:

April 29, 2010
(Australia)
02010-04-30 April 30, 2010
(United Kingdom)
02010-05-07 May 7, 2010
(United States)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
April 30 here in The Philippines.

re:Robinhood- Crowe and Blanchett are awesome and everything, but I just don't get why they don't use English actors to play English people??? I mean there are tons of great British actors that could have easily been casted for the role.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's quite true. It's becoming quite a trend even in Hollywood; using English/Australians to play Americans and Americans to play English people. I personally don't mind as long as the actor does the role justice and I don't doubt for a second that they are of that nationality.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Btw, the summer seems to be quite interesting moviewise - Ironman 2, Robin Hood, Avatar The Last Airbender (yeah lol), Prince of Percia. Not quite master pieces I predict, but entertaining films. Most interested, if Ridley Scott can bring new life to such worn out story. And the new Shrek too, wonder if it can save the series name after the horrible third one, two first ones were quite fun after all.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Don't mention Shrek the third, argh :p

Also can't wait for Ironman 2. In PL the date of premiere is 30.04.2010, so it seems the same as UK <yeah, they know its sth BIG which gives them money so therefore they speed up the process in such cases in PL :x> Still, its good xP
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm actually going to boycott "M. Night ShamaLOL's The Last Airbender" for obvious reasons... That man hasn't made a decent movie since 6th sense, and now he's spreading his stench to a great Nickelodeon franchise.
 

Rei Ayanami

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looking forward to Inception.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Rei
Ditto. I need some gravitationally distorted JGL vs. Leo fights in my life.


I watched the Vengeance Trilogy over the course of the last few days. Oddly enough, I rank them in the order I saw them: 1) Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, 2) Old Boy (it might not have helped that I saw Sympathy before this, as it resulted in my watching Old Boy with a proper set of expectations), and 3) Lady Vengeance. They're all quite good. The latter two are stronger in regards to artistic value, while I consider the first as the best in regards to structure and impact.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re: Old boy- Little fun trivia. The panning hallway scene was done in one take, one try.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Gawd, seen like, tons of movies lately. For example Smokin' Aces and Wall Street...

Smokin' Aces was brilliant. It was almost like a Guy Richie movie. Brilliant and artistic made. Also, I loved Ryan Reynolds & Jeremy Piven's acting.

Wall Street was a movie I really enjoyed watching, throughout the two hours. Really didn't feel like it was two hours, time flew by. It was brilliantly portrayed and Michael Douglas was incredibly trustworthy as Mr. Gecko. (Pretty fun to see a young John C. McGinley & Charlie Sheen for a change)
Looking forward to Wall Street - Money never sleeps
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re: new RE movie- To each his own. I found it a whole lot more cheesy than the past three mashed up together. I only ever watched the RE movies for eye candy; never for the story and never for the acting.

On a lighter note, Iron Man 2 was a whole lot of fun! 9/10 by my book.
 
Last edited:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I'm waiting for RE:Afterlife. I find the series really entertaining even if its like some almost-creepy cartoon, hyhy ^^
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
just watched Prince of Persia and...what's this? A good movie based on a video game?? WHAT ON EARTH
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
^ and lol at the main actor .
 

Rainier

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Has anyone watched Summer Wars yet?
 

Kravmaga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
832
Reaction score
356
Gender
Male
Country
United States
just watched Prince of Persia and...what's this? A good movie based on a video game?? WHAT ON EARTH
Really now? Unless this is clumsy sarcasm, you just set me up with impossibly high expectations right there... I'm not the kind of elitist jerk who'll jeer at anything less than amazing but if it turns out to be rated uwe boll, I'm gonna be giving my fond memories of the franchise a viking funeral.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I never had my hopes up for Prince of Persia, and I intend to keep it that way because if I prepare myself for upset and get amused, the experience is amplified.

The new Shrek movie was ok... It failed to wow me, but it was entertaining none the less.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So Prince of Persia is a nono? I wasn't expecting much, I ain't gonna watch it in cinema. Any reviews on Robin Hood?? I've always liked Russel Crowe so I was thinking of checking that one out.

Finally saw Youth in Revolt and it wasn't half bad. solid 7. Had some very good moments and guest appearances.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Not saying it's a no-no. Just saying that setting yourself up to be disappointed amplifies how awesome things get... It's the exact reverse of having high expectations, met with mediocrity (my exact feelings with Inglorious Basterds). So if I were to expect less and get more...well, you get the picture.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top