Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'd not seen either of them, any good?

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Casting news:

Robert Redford confirmed for 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'. He'll play a SHIELD leader; someone above Nick Fury.

Will Arnett has been cast in a lead role for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

They're also making a Veronica Mars movie? some of the original cast have been signed on, including Jason Dohring who played Logan.

Trailers:

The Conjuring:


Grown Ups 2:


Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters:

In the works:

Finding Dory plot summary. Have Pixar no more ideas or just really wanted this?

Tim Burton's next project will be "Big Eyes"- plot summary.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'd not seen either of them, any good?
Superb love story that could happen to any of us, kind of even did to me when i was traveling in Europe

Yeah, the fans of Veronica Mars are hardcore. I know someone who "donated" 500$ to the project and she is not even rich or anything.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'd not seen either of them, any good?
If you're in for conversations, yep. It's not so much the plot that makes you want to watch, since the plot is kinda simple. They met, and everything in the movie is the hours they spend either "Before sunrise" or "Before Sunset" etc. It's more about what they're thinking that's so ordinary you could think it yourself on any random day and it's just amusing. Watching the movie is like sitting down and drinking good beer with a good friend where you talk about anything under the sun. It's a unique experience watching the films, I would say.

I think that's what made their partnership so memorable in the silver screen, and why their chemistry is so relatable with most viewers.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Saw Jurassic Park in 3D IMAX.

It was fucking awesome.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Just another film I'd never seen...:sweat
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Just another film I'd never seen...:sweat
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.




go watch it. N.A.O. and don't come back here until you do! :yelling

[gb]:slowly[/gb]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Disney disappoints me they should give The Incredibles a sequel oh well.

Here's some new trailers for upcoming films.

Hmm I may have gone overboard.

Carrie
Pineapple Express 2
This Is The End
Cloudy With A Chance 2
Planes
2 Gunz
The Wolverine
Riddick:3c
Turbo
Now You See Me
Red 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
You know the Pineapple Express 2 trailer was an April Fools Joke, right?
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Yes I just wanted to trick a few people.:(
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Trailer for Hunger Games: Catching Fire is out:


Set pictures of Jamie Foxx as Electro for The Amazing Spider-Man 2:



Follow this link for more set photos. source: superherohype.com

TV Spot for Man of Steel with General Zod:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
watched 50/50 the other day. Pretty entertaining, funny, and sad, in real ways. 7/10 for being a forgettable movie overall.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
It does look a little a odd I guess they wanted to avoid the cheesy outfit(btw Anthony Mackie is disappointed he doesn't have a cheesy outfit as the falcon) or it's because this Spiderman trilogy is all about mutated genes from the oscorp experiments if the games story hints toward anything.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It does look a little a odd I guess they wanted to avoid the cheesy outfit(btw Anthony Mackie is disappointed he doesn't have a cheesy outfit as the falcon) or it's because this Spiderman trilogy is all about mutated genes from the oscorp experiments if the games story hints toward anything.
That's fine, the outfit is pretty goofy in the comics. But that's hasn't stopped movie makers before. I just wonder why he looks all mutated...but oh well
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well when I played the game Rhino,Scorpion, and etc were all mutated like Spiderman half man half what the villain was so I believe that's the direction the series is going.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I am very late but since I don't have much time...I just, finally, watched Les Misérables...on my computer. I used to listen the songs from the original version (French, musical theater), it rocked me at the time when I was a child, and it was based on Victor Hugo's masterpiece (which I read the book) after all, so I was a bit excited by the movie.

Huh well. Very mixed feelings. I didn't expect that nearly the WHOLE movie would be rythmed by songs, I know, musical movie but still. The songs were still great, and a few actors did a very good job (Anne Hathaway...), even though I was a bit upset that they skipped one of the most famous song (by Gravoche, the child), well the little dude has been shot when he was about to sing it in the movie lol. So I have to admit that if he would have continued it would have been misplaced given the specific context in the movie.

But aside that, the movie kinda missed the essence of the story itself. And the camera's plans/zooming during most of the songs were overall bad in my opinion, it removed the real impact of the songs, it lacked...emphasis ? I would say that the songs made up for this nearly constant weak point, and turning nearly each dialog into song ? Too much for a movie. Better fit to a musical theater as it has originally been. Well all things considered, I don't think that the director's work was all that great, aside a few scenes which brought a few tears, like the one with Fantine (Anne Hathaway) or the final when Jean Valjean died (with Fantine as a spirit) and when he joined those who died during the riot. (it didn't happen during THE French Revolution of 1789, but later, in 1832)

The physical transformation of Hugh Jackman (as Jean Valjean) was great.

On a sidenote I noticed that the English lyrics are really different from the French. Well it's kinda expected if we want to respect the rythms. Well for those who don't know the original version I invite you to listen the French version of "hear the people sing" (titled as "A la santé du peuple") at least.
Lyrics in this video's channel. Just copy/paste it on google translation if you don't understand ("à la santé" means more like "cheers", not "health" in this context). However you don't necesseraly needs to traduce it if you want to listen. Sometimes I think this should have been our national anthem.

edit : added I dreamed a dream / J'avais rêvé d'une autre vie
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I saw Life of Pi the other day. It was really astonishingly beautiful and a really well-made film. I didn't read the book, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I thought it was a nice, straightforward film with good symbolism. However, I couldn't help but feel like something was missing with the end. It sort of felt hollow to me, as if I wasn't sure what the point of it all was...I don't know,
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Rush

I might go see I love a good friendship film.

Elysium
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top