Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Brett Ratner said it in a interview.
You mean the first Wolverine movie then, right? He wasn't really involved in it from what I can tell.

But if you mean the new one, Wolveirne is already established as a character, so it can't be an origin story :XD
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well he said it post Wolverine Origins saying the sequel will be more true to the origins comic which excited me but now I see he went another route:blink.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Yeah, but seeing it drunk doesn't mean anything. In fact, an endorsement or panning when drinking means less if you think about it. I liked the look of the movie most of all, it didn't look as cheesy and stupid as a Thor movie seemed in my head. I sort of expected it to be awful, even knowing that Marvel was putting a lot of time, effort, and money into making the Avengers build up as good as possible. Loki carried the movie for the most part. I thought it was good, not great; a B-.
I saw it again while sober before going to see the Avengers, and it sucked more. XD Usually, I think (bad) movies are better when I'm drunk or high, because I don't think about them as much.

That's probably why you thought it was a pretty good movie, since you were expecting it to be stupid and it wasn't as bad as you thought. I went into it pretty neutral since I never got into Thor, and was highly unimpressed. I would give it a D+.

How was Captain America's love interest any more developed? :huh I don't watch Marvel movies for romance necessarily. I was also slightly disappointed in the Red Skull. When I found out Hugo Weaving was playing him, it seemed like a perfect casting, but it lacked impact for me. I only saw each movie once, so maybe I'll have a different opinion if I revisit them. I didn't see Captain America in theaters, so I don't know.
The romance in Captain America had WAY more chemistry, more meaningful scenes, and was altogether more realistic. Maybe the fact that it had a very unhappy ending made me like it more, too. I FELT so many more emotions over it than the flat nothingness of the Thor romance.

I'm not saying I watch a superhero movie for the romance either. But honestly, the fact that Thor could have completely left the love interest OUT and possibly been a better movie for it is saying something. Captain America's romantic interest ADDED to his character and story while Thor's was rather meaningless. It bothered me.

You do have a point there. The Red Skull wan't the best villain. Although I did find him interesting and how they integrated his story and motives in with the time period of the story. That's probably the one thing Thor had over Captain America. The villain (Loki) was slightly more developed.

I'm saying it would have been a tough choice for me between those two. I didn't say Captain America wasn't good, I'm a big fan of Joe Johnston's work. But neither can touch Iron Man, I agree there.
Not a tough choice for me.
Iron Man > Captain America > Thor > Hulk (movie wise).

Well, it isn't his origins. It's just titled "The Wolverine" :p
Oh god... Worst movie... ever/ :rofl
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Gwyneth Paltrow just said that there won't be a 4th Iron Man movie. I don't know if it's just her presumption or if it has truly been decided by Marvel though.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well Robert Downey Jr said he wouldn't mind but he believes that they shouldn't overdo it so I don't expect to see him after Avengers 2.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well he said it post Wolverine Origins saying the sequel will be more true to the origins comic which excited me but now I see he went another route:blink.
Yeah, I was going to say :XD

Plus, I don't make a habit out of being interested in anything Brett Ratner has to say :lmao

The romance in Captain America had WAY more chemistry, more meaningful scenes, and was altogether more realistic. Maybe the fact that it had a very unhappy ending made me like it more, too. I FELT so many more emotions over it than the flat nothingness of the Thor romance.

I'm not saying I watch a superhero movie for the romance either. But honestly, the fact that Thor could have completely left the love interest OUT and possibly been a better movie for it is saying something. Captain America's romantic interest ADDED to his character and story while Thor's was rather meaningless. It bothered me.
I was going to say, it wasn't a happy ending at all :XD. But I don't remember it being angst-ridden either, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess maybe there was more chemistry, but Thor's romance actually got him to care about Earth more than he should as an Asgardian. But it didn't feel necessary to the plot really, though I can't say it was meaningless either. But Thor and Cap always struck me as superheros that couldn't carry their own stories. I think they managed that in the two movies. Though, I find it interesting that The Winter Soldier is being billed more as a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie with Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Maria Hill being involved in it.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ha, me and my friends thought we should watch Ironman 3 last night, and halfway there we decided we all weren't fans of it anyway, and we just decided to go to a Japanese restaurant instead :p
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well Robert Downey Jr said he wouldn't mind but he believes that they shouldn't overdo it so I don't expect to see him after Avengers 2.
It´s time that Downey moves on to a bit more "serious" roles anyway. The guy easily belongs to the best actors in Hollywood right now but he is kind of wasted in those blockbusters in my opinion.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I wonder if he'll do a film with his father in the future.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

ha, me and my friends thought we should watch Ironman 3 last night, and halfway there we decided we all weren't fans of it anyway, and we just decided to go to a Japanese restaurant instead :p
Well I how that can be Iron Man 2 was tad bad and this new directors post credit scene doesn't even hint toward anything:-_-.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Robert was awesome in Sherlock Holmes tho. He's a fantastic actor but I think I need a little bit getting used to him in serious roles as all I've
seen of him is as the funny guy(and well, iron man was supposed to have a more mature persona than what was shown in iron man 2).
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Yeah I really hope they redeem themselves in this one because I really hated the drunk scene btw anyone see the latest trailer it shows some of the more supernatural enemies.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,239
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Iron Man 3 is well-directed.
 

brigid001

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
99
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland
Iron Man 3 is well-directed.
Couldn't agree more. Thouroughly enjoyed it. It's my fave of the trilogy. Now hopefully Robert stays on for at least Avengers 2 :)
 

brigid001

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
99
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland

Hmm yeah I read that yesterday but not sure if it's trustworthy. I'll hold out for awhile. So far Iron man 3 has done better than the avengers in terms of money on its first week so the chance is pretty high that he'll return. Marvel/disney know how much money he draws to the franchise so I'd say they'd want him to stick around. Hopefully rob wants to stay too ;) Fingers crossed!!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I saw Iron Man 3 last night and I enjoyed; you get your money's worth. Only thing that bugged me is how Tony, with all the resources SHIELD has and the Avengers, has to deal with all this threat on his own. It's not even like it's a local Californian criminal, the villain is a global one. Guess SHIELD has better things to do.

The movie itself is packed with action sequences and fight scenes that top the previous 2 installments by quite a margin, I found though that they slightly overused the Mark 42's ability to dissassemble and assemble at Tony's whim mentally. Can't stress the slightly enough, if you've seen the trailer and watch the movie, it becomes clear but the sequences in the end with the final fight was really cool; I've been waiting ages to see an actual fight in Iron Man and this was better than his fight against Whiplash.

It's got a lot of comedic scenes that are well played, not just with Tony himself but several other characters. I found Ben Kingsley to be brilliant in this film btw, won't spoil why to those who haven't seen it yet. Also the whole "New York" post traumatic anxiety issues are highlighted quite often in the film and sometimes amidst the comedy and it's a really interesting contrast in Tony's character that shows that there's more to RDJ than just comedy and wit.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,239
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
JARVIS collected information about The Mandarin from CIA, FBI, and S.H.I.E.L.D.. That's all S.H.I.E.L.D. did, provide JARVIS informations. S.H.I.E.L.D., wtf are you doing?! :XD

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

The
scene where Mandarin watches soccer and the Dora the Explorer watch scenes
are funny :rofl
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I saw Iron Man 3 last night and I enjoyed; you get your money's worth. Only thing that bugged me is how Tony, with all the resources SHIELD has and the Avengers, has to deal with all this threat on his own. It's not even like it's a local Californian criminal, the villain is a global one. Guess SHIELD has better things to do.

The movie itself is packed with action sequences and fight scenes that top the previous 2 installments by quite a margin, I found though that they slightly overused the Mark 42's ability to dissassemble and assemble at Tony's whim mentally. Can't stress the slightly enough, if you've seen the trailer and watch the movie, it becomes clear but the sequences in the end with the final fight was really cool; I've been waiting ages to see an actual fight in Iron Man and this was better than his fight against Whiplash.

It's got a lot of comedic scenes that are well played, not just with Tony himself but several other characters. I found Ben Kingsley to be brilliant in this film btw, won't spoil why to those who haven't seen it yet. Also the whole "New York" post traumatic anxiety issues are highlighted quite often in the film and sometimes amidst the comedy and it's a really interesting contrast in Tony's character that shows that there's more to RDJ than just comedy and wit.
I pretty much agree with everything. My only complaint would be the rather weak villain. Somehow the Ironman movies always had weak villains and when I saw the trailer with the Mandarin I was sure things would change this time. I mean he's pretty badass in the comics as far as I know so even though it was funny

I was really disappointed when he turned out to be a fake. And the real villain was rather so-so, this whole strange power seemed a bit weird to me :s
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well it seems Michael B Jordan Jr(The Wire, Red Tails, Chronicle) is a runner up to play Johnny Storm and one of the of the girls from HBO's...''Girls'' is cast to play Susan so i'm not sure where this FF4 reboot is going but time will tell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top