Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Why would they cast a black actor as Johnny Storm and then cast Allison Williams as Sue Storm? They're siblings...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,288
Reaction score
24,921
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^Half brothers? Genetic atavism? Maybe a subplot will be the realization that one of them is adopted....
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Maybe it's for some unnecessary plot twist and I think it's the same director from Chronicle so that's why he's a strong possibility right now but I wish the film the best I've always wanted a good FF4.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm not a big FF fan to be honest. Not saying it can't be good, but that's a pretty weird plothole.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well Marvel once again has complete rights over Daredevil and Ghost Rider but there are no plans for movies and it's been confirmed that Pedro and Wanda shall be in Avengers 2 they simply can't mention mutant origins and their father Magneto.

Here's a sneak peek for the book and now film series Enders Game
Also a new and better Wolverine trailer.

Captain America promo pic from EW
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I know there's some unclear things there with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being included in the next movie. Namely the fact that they're mutants and twin children of Magneto. But they're more Avengers than anything else. Is it confirmed they can't mention their mutant powers? I understand not mentioning Magneto since he's FOX property though.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Not mentioning mutant's powers ? I don't see what of logic there is to not mention that.

Aside that it seems that not mentioning Magneto wouldn't be a problem at first since they didn't know who was their father at first. (as far I as heard, I didn't read the comics with them involved)



PS : Ender's game book was great.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not mentioning mutant's powers ? I don't see what of logic there is to not mention that.

Aside that it seems that not mentioning Magneto wouldn't be a problem at first since they didn't know who was their father at first. (as far I as heard, I didn't read the comics with them involved)



PS : Ender's game book was great.
Yeah, they didn't. Not even when they were in-league with them.

Still, I think the not mentioning mutant thing is bogus. It just doesn't really make sense. Mutant isn't specific enough to be considered intellectual property. Scarlet Witch has powers outside of her mutation, involving magic, but it wouldn't really explain Quicksilver's powers. Maybe it isn't really a big deal, not sure.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
It seems Jurassic Park 4 will take place on the original island I wonder if they'll use a story-line from the books this time.

Luke Evans will play the Crow nice choice if I must say and Cruise has signed on for MI:5.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

The Enders Game Trailer is out.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The new Wolverine trailer looks pretty awesome
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I dunno if anyone's had a chance to check it out yet but the theme to the Man of Steel is pretty sweet; I hope it pleases the old school fans of John Williams' Superman theme.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
If Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are anything to go by, this film will be brilliant. Pegg and Frost are an amazing duo.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
If Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are anything to go by, this film will be brilliant. Pegg and Frost are an amazing duo.
I have no doubt that they will be able to pull it off because their comedy, no matter how crazy it can get, seemed always sincere and genuine + Edgar Wright directed the movie again. I am surprised about Martin Freeman and Rosamund Pike though, did not expect 2 big names.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
I have no doubt that they will be able to pull it off because their comedy, no matter how crazy it can get, seemed always sincere and genuine + Edgar Wright directed the movie again. I am surprised about Martin Freeman and Rosamund Pike though, did not expect 2 big names.
I'm betting Freeman'll have another cameo role, like what he had in Hot Fuzz. Anyways, this final installment looks great and full of fun. I hope it exceeds my love for Shaun of the Dead.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Edgar Wright is directing "Ant Man" for Marvel. It's suppose to tie into the Avengers sequel. Can't wait for it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I haven't heard that about the Avengers sequel. Only that Scarlet With and Quicksilver will be in it. I know the movie is being made though, so who knows...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines

Johnny Depp in that role? now I've seen everything.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

And apparently there's another Romeo and Juliet coming this year?

I watched the trailer and felt like "Oh please, not this all over again???" I don't feel anything new with this one. At least with the 1996 one, even if it was kind of hilarious, they tried something "new" by putting it in a modern setting and made it a bit fresh.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That movie has been in development hell for years. It seems like it's been at least 5 years since they said Depp would be playing Tonto. It looks interesting, I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top