Movies - The Movie Thread! | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I have and personally i dont have that much expectation before i watched it. So just to see it being much better than Catwoman and Batman & Robin is good enough, but still didnt reach the standard that is X-Men and X-Men 2. :D

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I read the spoilers of wikipedia, but I also ventured about the imdb threads. But alot of those spoilers were leaked onto the internet, so some scripts were deleted when Disney or something found out. XD So I didn't get to read the full bits.

And don't ask why I did :( It's pissing me enough. >< I don't know why I keep scrolling.

Azurel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
My fren told me Ghost Rider was bad. His exact words were,"If you were thinking of watching Ghost Rider, DON'T". But I wasn't even planning to watch it.. so yeah :amuse

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Azurel said:
My fren told me Ghost Rider was bad. His exact words were,"If you were thinking of watching Ghost Rider, DON'T". But I wasn't even planning to watch it.. so yeah :amuse
Haha I expected the movie to suck...well can't be helped.

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
venicia777 said:
Anyone watched Ghost Rider yet? How was it- personally?
hmm and such negative opinions ;p hmm I will check it myself if it is so bad, or no, not only that, i will check how Nicholas Cage played his role muahaha ^^

JoJoJO

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Ghost Rider was an okay movie, it could have been better if Nicholas Cage didn't star in it. They pick the worst possible person to give Ghost Rider too.

If they plan to make a part 2 they better find a better actor than Nicholas Cage.

P.S Nicholas Cage ruined the Movie for me.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Given Ichi's comparison of Ghost Rider to Batman etc, it's like a superhero movie.. and I don't know abt you guys.. I get pretty sick of all the comic superhero hitting the cinemas.. Incredible Hulk, The Flash, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Superman, X-men.. It's becoming dry. I think Batman started it. :XD I love the cartoons and comics but movie just doesn't really excite me except X-men. That was good ^^

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
If it's mean for me, I like very much Spidey movies, Superman movies (3, 4 the worst), Batman first and second tiwh a bit of third, and of kors Begining, X-men, and I can't remembr what else. But that movies I liked ;p

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Azurel said:
Given Ichi's comparison of Ghost Rider to Batman etc, it's like a superhero movie.. and I don't know abt you guys.. I get pretty sick of all the comic superhero hitting the cinemas.. Incredible Hulk, The Flash, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Superman, X-men.. It's becoming dry. I think Batman started it. :XD I love the cartoons and comics but movie just doesn't really excite me except X-men. That was good ^^
well, you should realize this-- superhero movies and animated movies-- have their seasons. And this decade is absolutely one for these.

if i were a hollywood or film businessman-- there is no way i am going to wait until the season is over to release a movie based on a superhero.

And remember, it is a season because fans make it so. So far as they go watch these movies-- why disappoint them.

des said:
Haha I expected the movie to suck...well can't be helped.
apparently, it didnt suck that much. It didnt bomb in the US-- like the critics and most people expected. I remember critics yapping a little bit about Pirates of the Carribean-- and look at how it turned out.

i am gonna watch Ghost Rider for sure.

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
That's what I don't understand actually. I do enjoy well some of the movies but hack, I don't wanna watch superheroes and animated movies like back to back. I didn't even bother to watch the recent Superman movie which premiers on my birthday because I've watched Fantastic Four, Spiderman 2 and X-men 3. Same goes with animated movie. Countless of animal theme animated movie has been released. I guess I'm a different kinda fan. I prefer things in moderation and not an overdose. Too much of something is never good. :amuse

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Azurel said:
That's what I don't understand actually. I do enjoy well some of the movies but hack, I don't wanna watch superheroes and animated movies like back to back. I didn't even bother to watch the recent Superman movie which premiers on my birthday because I've watched Fantastic Four, Spiderman 2 and X-men 3. Same goes with animated movie. Countless of animal theme animated movie has been released. I guess I'm a different kinda fan. I prefer things in moderation and not an overdose. Too much of something is never good. :amuse
Well thats business. The movie companies drain out any cent of big names nowadays...well thats just how it works.

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

LadyHatake said:
>.> I liked Torque.

ugh, I DID hate The matrix (and it's subsequent sequals) >< I thought it was so boring. (though, considering I'm not partial to scifi flicks, I could be biased >.>)
And I like the matrix! XD The first one was really good, the second one I didn't quite like as much as the first, and I agree that the third one was bad (-> waaaaaay too much action).

sabyr said:
Attack of the killer Tomatoes!
And dude, attack of the killer Tomatoes rocks(!) 'cause it's such a bad movie!!! It's hilarious 'cause it sucks so hard! XDDD
You're totally right, that's the worst movie ever!!

But definitely a must see. lol ^^

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
and the fact i already mentioned. There was a while back when only few superhero movies did any good. But at the turn of the century with the hero laden stories like the Matrix, Gladiator, spiderman, LOTR, etc-- it is the season. if your career is in the film business and you dont capitalize you lose.

the same goes for animated movies like Shrek. Their times will run out for a while and come back again when the fans need it.

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was watching 23 trailers and from what I've seen it seems that Jim Carreys character has another murderous personality. It sounds cool sort of like The Butterfly Effect. Also I think it has something to do with the devil, maybe I'm wrong cause I only saw the trailers

Harry Potter Movie is coming out this summer YAY!

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yep, so far on my must watch list is 23...

POTC and Harry Potter! :D

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I saw The Number 23, even after having doubts about Joel Schumacher (he trashed Batman & Robin into a neon show). But after remembering he was also responsible for Tigerland, 8mm, Phone Booth and Phantom of the Opera, I decided to give The Number 23 a watch. And, let's just say that i stayed in the theatre to watch the whole thing because it was raining outside and i forgot my jacket. :D

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
I saw The Number 23 And, let's just say that i stayed in the theatre to watch the whole thing because it was raining outside and i forgot my jacket. :D
:s so it wasn't good? wad was it lacking? o.O come on, share your opinions.. I need to hear some feedback.. :amuse

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, I have high expectations concerning works by famous directors, especially Joel Schumacher, especially after he made that Batman & Robin: Holiday on Ice. But he also made some great movie like Tigerland, and others that i mentioned.
Unfortunately, for me, The Number 23 is not one of his good work. A movie about a fixation for the number 23 that promised to be a thriller but ending up as a dark comedy with weird (and not in a good way weird) plotline really killed my mood for the entire day. :D

But, that's just me and my own biased opinion about Joel Schumacher, maybe there are others who think that the movie is a good one. :D

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
But, that's just me and my own biased opinion about Joel Schumacher, maybe there are others who think that the movie is a good one. :D
Hmm.. I think I will need a second opinion before I decide if I want to watch The Number 23.. ;p so it wasn't scary? gah, that's not fun.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Azurel said:
Hmm.. I think I will need a second opinion before I decide if I want to watch The Number 23.. ;p so it wasn't scary? gah, that's not fun.
The only scary thing about that movie (for me) is, it's Schumacher's. I hate to see great names making great mistakes. :D
Yes, get a second or even a third opinion. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.