Yesterday I watched 2 movied
The Departed and 23
23
I thought it was pretty good, but definitely not the best. I have seen much better thriller movies. Jim Carrey's performance was ok but watching him portray a 20-something in some select scenes was fallible. The directiong was wonderful I thought and In my opinion It actually made watching the movie more enjoyable. Watching the main character read the book and then watching the scenes play out in his head was interesting for me at least. I also enjoyed the twist at the end it made me more compelled to watch it(even though there was only about 20-30 minutes left in the movie. The ending was not what I expected for a thriller I expected something that would leave me asking questions but instead it was wrapped up nicely.
So even though this movie has thriller-esque sequences, go to this movie if you want to see a flawed man with problems with obsession learn about himself and in the end change for the better.
The Departed
OH MY GOD! that was my first reaction to this movie, Martin Scorsese scored triple combo points with this action-packed movie. The characters are great! The acting is great! The story is great! The plot is great! Need I continue? This movie is so great that in the end your satisfied to a point of nirvana.
The movie is about an Irish Mobsters in Boston(home of the red sox so you know the ppl are gonna be crazies lol) and The Boston Police force waging war on each other. Each side has a spy working for the enemy and, It has mind games galore. The movie is rated R and for good reason too the blood and gore in this is unbelievable and it definitely has lots and lots of sex, so don't bring the kiddies with yous.
It's out on DVD so this is something you want to but for your boyfriend or husband ,providing he is into this kinda stuff which most men are, and If your from Boston you HAVE to own this or else your just not whole.
~Fin~