Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

well has anyone heard of the toxic avenger? the 2ed and 3rd one sucked ass. but the 4th one was the best! So some sequels can be ok i guess
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I saw a very crappy movie on tv last night, it was called "Swam Thing". Yes, "Swam Thing", not "Swamp Thing" and "Swam Thing" is not a sequel of "Swamp Thing". The title needs on explanation...
 

Athena

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
wait, was "The Invisible" the one about the guy who dies but he's trying to solve his own murder?
So you have been deceived by the trailer as well. You see, there is no mystery to his death SINCE HE HIMSELF WTNESSED EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE. The movie trailer is outright lie. it is not even in the "it is so bad that it’s good" category. it is so bad that it's disgusting.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I think transformers is going to be good and what do you mean that is not scorponok I swear I read somewhere that he was going to make an appearance or are we not talking about the same trailer. This is a pic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MovieScorponok.jpg

And even though i am not sure since my computer is slow right now i think the trailer with him is here, it even has his stinger http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808716430/trailer
yes i agree that the thing in the trailer looks like scorponok, but apparently it has a different name. why they would do this i have no idea. but i could be wrong about this. i dont have a super source that gave me the info.
and dude, dont trust wikipedia to much. its filled with bullcrap thats not correct.


and about The Invisible, i havent seen the hollywood version but i have seen the original Den Osynliga. the swedish film they based it on. and that was ok, not great but ok.
in that he was on lying onconscious very VERY close to death.
did they change that or what?
 

Dark soul within

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well I'm going to the cinema this weekend with an old friend and she wants to go see fractured - got no idea if it's going to be any good or not but hey. Spider man 3 looks like it's going to be fairly decent, not great but decent. Also watched the trailer for the next harry potter movie thru Empireonline & that looks like it's going to be pretty good too.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I've just watched spiderman 3, recommended for die-hard fans, though i prefer the Spiderman 2.

Next on my list is Pirates of the Caribean!!! Johnny DEPPP!!! *high pitch fangirl scream**
 

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
1,340
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i'm with you on both points.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
saw spidey at 0:03 tonight.. totally ok. a bit to much love story for me would have preferred a little more action but it was ok.

standing at the cinema listening to spidey right now. been a hard day wit h loads of cutomers.... im tired and i want to go home....
 

Dark soul within

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
saw spidey at 0:03 tonight.. totally ok. a bit to much love story for me would have preferred a little more action but it was ok.

standing at the cinema listening to spidey right now. been a hard day wit h loads of cutomers.... im tired and i want to go home....
Yeah I agree that there was a bit too much of a love story in it. I saw it last night, the cinema was completely full - my friend and I got the last 2 tickets! I stilled like the movie tho and was pleased with how venom turned out, if he had a slightly larger role in it (i.e. Brock became venom earlier in the movie) they could have developed him a bit more I think. The cinema my friend and I went to was packed full of school kids!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i just saw spidey 3 at the imax! :XD it'll be hard for the other summer movies to top spidey 3
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i saw Hot Fuzz, its by the people who made Shaun of the Dead. Also has the same actors, very funny

8/10
 

Dark soul within

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hot Fuzz is really good - the shoot out scene near the end is hilarious! And you've just got to love the supermarket showdown. :D
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Hard for the other summer movies to top Spiderman 3..??

I saw Spiderman 3 on opening night. It was laughable at best. The high schoolers with their heckling made it a better time than it would have been without their presence.

As others have mentioned, the drama was overbearing. The dancing sequence was just stupid. The action was good, but overall the movie was ridiculous.

I should have watched Grind House or Hot Fuzz instead. Good thing I didn't pay for the tickets.
 

erikrhys

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
2
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^^
Grindhouse was the best movie i have seen all year! You should totally see it when you get the chance!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I want to see Hot Fuzz. The previews looked pretty good. Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean are the ones I'm anticipating though <33
 

Athena

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
it seems i am the only person here who loved spiderman 3. I saw it in IMAX; people were pissed off in the end, perhaps their expectations were too high. there were some parts (like the one with the huge flag behind him) which were pretty bad but overall i really, really liked it :)
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Only like 2 weeks left for Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Can't wait for the final chapter <3

Anyone going to watch it :D?
 

Athena

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Only like 2 weeks left for Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Can't wait for the final chapter <3

Anyone going to watch it :D?
I didn't like the second one at all. Perhaps because my friend that I went to watch the movie with was high so I was more concerned about his behavior that the story. Besides, this one seems O.K, very interesting especial effects but the story and the jokes do not seem that funny.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Only like 2 weeks left for Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Can't wait for the final chapter <3

Anyone going to watch it :D?

It's the last one n' stuff, so I have to watch, don't care if it sucks, is boring or a waste of money like SM3 . I always have to watch the last part of a story, if I don't, my greed n' curiosity (or sumthin') won't be satisfied. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top