Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim mayniam

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
75
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
no country for old men was perhaps the best movie i've seen all year...the mood, the acting and the story were all absolutely top notch.

best. movie. of. the. year...no bs
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I saw Hot Rod on New years day. It was stupid but there were a few funny parts.
duuude!

Hot Rod was probably the funniest movie i saw last year. i loved it :smile-big
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My favorite parts were the cool beans scene, the scene where Rico kicked that dudes ass and when that asian dude was puttin up the posters cuz the dance he was doing on everyone was hilarious.
I just thought it was kinda dumb but it was still pretty funny. Oh yeah I liked the acid part too.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
*The safe word is "Hwhiskey". *
*You mean whiskey? *
*Hwhat? *
*I just don't understand why you're saying it that way.*
*Hwhy am I saying Hwhat Hwhat Hway?*


h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s ! ! ! ! !
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The fight at the end was pretty funny too. Its just that at some times it got too stupid. It was funny though and it had me laughing.
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the best movies i seen last year was spl/kill zone and fatal contact. check em out people.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hot Rod was probably the funniest movie i saw last year. i loved it :smile-big
Every time I tried to go see it, it wasn't at my cinema...I hear it was a fantastic movie, though. Guess I'll have to see it on DVD.


And I saw Nat. Treasure II. VERY similar to the first one, I must say.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I watched AvP2 yesterday. It's quite good, though they tried to have Ripley and Major Dutch (in characters' sense) in one movie, so I don't know if that's a good idea. The final battle between Predator and Predalien is good, though.

I saw National Treasure 2 too, yeah, similar to the first one, but I still say I liked it. Maybe that's because I favor adventure movies. :)
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Does anyone even know if the story of "Ceebola" or however you spell it, is a real legend? Because I've heard or El Dorado, but never Ceebola or some Spanish slave who found it...I think they just designed that for the movie.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Does anyone even know if the story of "Ceebola" or however you spell it, is a real legend? Because I've heard or El Dorado, but never Ceebola or some Spanish slave who found it...I think they just designed that for the movie.
El Dorado's also what comes to my mind when I've heard about the city of gold in the movie. But apparently Cibola (and Quivira) is a real legend. One of the the legendary seven cities of gold. Full article on Wikipedia.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Well, this list was compiled by RottenTomatoes.com. They list the 100 worst films with detailed comments on each film, and here's the top 10:

10. Half Past Dead
9. The Master of Disguise
8. Twisted
7. National Lampoon's Gold Diggers
6. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2
5. King's Ransom
4. Pinocchio
3. Crossover
2. Alone in the Dark
1. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

Fortunately for me I never saw any of these!

For the full list, head over here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/

They also have many other lists (countdowns) in a variety of categories. Have fun :p
luckily i have only seen part of 1 of these. let me tell you, it was excruciatingly bad. my mom and i happened upon this particular version of pinocchio on hbo one night. it was so weird we decided to watch part of it. BIG mistake! roberto benigni (italian actor from "life is beautiful") played pinocchio and all the voices are dubbed over very annoyingly in english. so not only was the main character played by a full-grown man dressed like a puppet child, but it really is the worst dub ever. i am very tolerant of bad tv/movies and even i couldn't watch this. the consensus from rottentomatoes.com says "torturous, avoid like the plague." that pretty much sums it up perfectly :s
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

1. Highlander
2. Neon genesis evangelion end of evangelion
3. Anything with Steven Seagal
4. The last movie Lindsey Lohan made( I cant believe some girl made me watch that)
5. Crossover ( I lost all respect for my favorite and1 player hotsauce
5. You got served

In no particular order
WHAT?! The End of Evangelion is one of the worst? how come??? i consider it one of the best movies in this era. the most psychologically introspective movie, plus really moving, and man that movie is just a work of art. maybe you hated it for the really painful ending?
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oh, it's spelled Cibola. That's probably why I couldn't find in on Wikipedia, thanks.

And Boff, I agree that Cloverfield is going to be fantastic, but everyone I know is too close-minded and they just see it as "another Japanese monster movie" and can't appreciate the style it's shot in, the message behind it, or the fact that a woman explodes.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I hated it cuz it was real disapointing. I understand the ending and everything else that Hideaki Anno was trying to say but I was dispointed with the whole thing. I knew I wasn't gonna like the movie from the very beginning when Shinji jacked off while looking at Asuka while she was sleeping.
I respect all the physcological and emotional themes and stuff but I just didn't like how the series ended.
As you know there were alot of mixed reviews. some people really liked the movie and some magazines gave it very high ratings. Other people sent Hideaki anno death threats and hate mail. Ive seen some anime review magazines where End Of evangelion got as low as a 2 out of 5 and I saw alot of reviews where the movie either recieved a C+ or a B. Different people have different opinions I suppose.
The movie left alot of questions unaswered as well as a sour taste in my mouth. To be honest the first half of the movie was good except for shinji's you know what scene but
the second half was dissapointing. It just felt like he bit off Akira a little bit too much and it was a little too crazy and bizarre.

Oh yeah i forgot to add Napoleon dynamyte to the list. It was a big waste of time. God John Heder has the most annoying voice ever gosh!
 
Last edited:

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
I can't wait for cloverfield either!! Ever since i saw the trailer at the cinema i was obsessed.

I saw Balls of Fury recently.....and i really don't know what to think. It made me laugh and i thought it was funny, but it didn't strike me as amazing.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah Ive been wanting to see this movie too I just didn't know the name. ive seen the commercials a few times. It looks good.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I went to the movie theater today to see "Sweeny Todd" and I liked it =D I love seeing musicals~~ It was a wee bit bloody for me though :p But it was awesome seeing three actors from Harry Potter in it =D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

i actually missed seeing highlander on that list....how?!?!?!?!? highlander was great! anything with Sir. Sean Connery in it is great imo!
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Oh i meant the last high Lander movie, i thinks its called the source or something like that. that one was terrible. I never saw the first one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top