Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
I havent seen either, but im looking forward to the Love Guru. GetSmart looks like the kind of movie that makes you think its awsome from the trailer and then lets you down really bad.

Love Guru has Mike Myers ,Kanye West,Jessica Simpson. And Jessica Alba is supa hott.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Love Guru was good. Its basically punchline after punchline. Jessica Alba is soooooo hot but she cant act for shit. I give it a 7.5, maybe 8, out of 10

^ dont forget about Megan Good, she is in Love Guru as well, she's hot
 
Last edited:

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Nice! Just what I would expect from it...Lol, Jessica Alba cant act...thats a shock ^_~

Probably gonna go watch it this Friday ^^
 

Mashmaro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Sandman? Do you mean Gaara?? :gigglebunny They both have got the sand control ability... He is (Sandman) a great villain, and hope Venom appears in Spiderman next movie.

Guru...which is that movie? Here we haven't heard about it...
And...Has someone seen Wicked City (Yoshiaki Kawajiri)? I think is a pretty good film
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Let see...

Spirited Away (4)
About a Boy (3)
Seabiscuit (3)
Love, Actually (3)
My Neighbour Totoro & Kiki's Delivery Service (3)
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, i wanna watch love guru as well, but i don't wanna waste my money on something thats nt funny...but 7.5-8 out of 10 seems ok
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

@yabe: i see ur a fan of hayao miyazaki huh? i love all his films, i'm tryna get a collection going.

-princess mononoke
-spirited away
-bourne trilogy
-LOTR trilogy
-i really can't choose a last one, but any movies by Hayao Miyazaki
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

worst movie i have ever seen in my lifetime is street fighter!! the storyline was horific, the character selection was dispicable, i'm sorry but if it were me, none and i mean none of those characters would have been chosen to make that film....
 

AishaClanClan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Darjeeling Limited
Lupin the Third: Count of Caligastro
Life Aquatic
Batman Begins
Braindead (Dead-Alive)
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just saw Kung Fu Panda, and I have to say it was amazing. Way, way, wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the Incredible Hulk. After seeing the movie I went blind from overexposure to pure awesomeness.
 

Emily00

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
19
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I just got back from seeing Wanted. Pretty good, not omg totally wonderful zomggggg but good.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I just saw Kung Fu Panda, and I have to say it was amazing. Way, way, wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the Incredible Hulk. After seeing the movie I went blind from overexposure to pure awesomeness.
ROFL, you sound like Jiraiya.

You know everyone I know said the samething, they loved it. I tried to get my friends to watch it but they think they are too old for that, which I think is lame, they just think they are cool but they arent


I just got back from seeing Wanted. Pretty good, not omg totally wonderful zomggggg but good.
Theres some stuff in that movie that is just impoosible to do. Like the car jumping upside down over the limo so he can shoot a person threw the sunroof, come on thats just ridiculous. Does look real enough, are the graphics good
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
so kung fu panda huh? i'm probably gona go watch that then...
can anyone recommend any good films that are out now or coming out in this summer? thanks
 

Emily00

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
19
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Hmm.. it's reallyyyyyy hard for me to watch a movie more than once so off the top of my head i'll list movies I can think of that I've watched 2+ times..
The Neverending Story, Spirited Away, LOTR Trilogy, The Boondock Saints, Shawshank Redemption, Matrix 1, Pulp Fiction

All of those are movies I've purposely (they're good) seen more than once, theres some other movies I can think of that I've seen more than once but only kind of forced to. :P Ex. A Christmas Story (watched it nearly every year when I was a kid, whenever I see it on TV during christmas time I change the channel fast)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I just saw "Get Smart" earlier, and I had a blast! Yeah, sure there were some boring/ cheesy scenes, but it's still worth the watch. Oh, and Anne Hathaway is smokin' hot in the movie! :D

Get Smart- 8.25/10
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's good to hear about "Get Smart." I am hoping it will be entertaining, especially since I like the show.

And yes people, you should go see "Kung Fu Panda." Don't be discouraged b/c it's a kids movie. It's funny and the action sequences are pretty great too.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
so has anyone seen Wall E, I heard it was good. I just read that Ben Burtt, the man who created R2D2's beeps and noises, Chewbaca's yowl, Darth Vaders heavy breathing, lightsaber hum, basically most of the Star Wars sound effects, is doing all Wall-E's sound effects.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I always thought that Peter Mayhew did his own noises as Chewey?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I finally watched Kung Fu Panda yesterday...it's a really good film
8/10
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Scarface
The last Boyscout
Harry Potter
American Pie
Godfather
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top