Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
How is Get Smart painful, Az?
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Get Smart - (starring Anne Hathaway and The Rock) Surprisingly funny and really painful.

I have to ask as well, what do you mean by painful? Hopefully it is somehow a good thing (this is one of the few movies I actually want to see).

By the way, I like how you didn't mention that Steve Carell stars in it. I guess everyone probably already knows that anyway, but it still made me lol;).
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
yes! this is a really good movie. great acting, cast choices, story, etc, like you already said. there's also a nice and unexpected (to me anyway) twist at the end as well. definitely must-see :thumbs
<hr noshade size="1">
oh, and i finally saw kung fu panda the other day. hilarity ensued :XD
another must-see!
That IMDB link was for Street Kings for goldb's post, not for Gone Baby Gone. Just pointing this so as not to cause misunderstanding. In another case, I need to watch Kungfu Panda soon! Too bad the cineplex here doesn't have it on the show list.
 
Last edited:

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Aaah
I want to much hell boy II >.< But it's not going to be released here... ARRGGH!!

Anyway, other than dark knight, any other good movie coming up?
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That IMDB link was for Street Kings for goldb's post, not for Gone Baby Gone. Just pointing this so as not to cause misunderstanding. In another case, I need to watch Kungfu Panda soon! Too bad the cineplex here doesn't have it on the show list.
yeah, thanks for pointing that out ^^;; i was talking about gone baby gone anyway. i haven't seen street kings yet.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
just saw Batman last night and WOW, awesome movie, its a little long but still great. Heath Ledger was phenomenal as the Joker, he was perfect. Everyone was great in it and its a great story with 3 villains, Scarecrow, the Joker and TwoFace. I urge evryone to go see it, Batman fan or not its a great movie and you get to see Heaths aweesome preformance which was his last, R.I.P.

I give it a 9.5/10, I didn't give it a perfect score just cause it was a little long like 2 and a half hours, some parts lagged a little but overall it was reallly good.

Also whoever is planning to see a movie this weekend please do see Batman and not Mama Mia. If ur wife/girlfriend/friend who is a girl wants to see it, just tell her no way in hell will u go and then beg her to go see Batman, LOL
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
PEWPEW watching the new batman movie sat night (tomoz) umg
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw "You dont mess with the Zohan",well funny movie,but ill rate it at 7/10,it was good and Emmanuelle Chriqui was way hot,everytime I saw her,I was astonished by her beuty,her and Adam made the movie look good and It would been graet if they let Chris Rock be in that movie a lil longer.

I think that Street Kings is a great film. Someone, besides me, saw it?
I saw it,even tho it was a cam-rip,I liked it,Keanu is one of my fav actors,I liked it,I realy did.

Aaah
I want to much hell boy II >.< But it's not going to be released here... ARRGGH!!

Anyway, other than dark knight, any other good movie coming up?
Yeah I want to watch Hellboy 2 myself,Ive seen the first part yesterday and imdb says the 2 part is way better,so I hope I wont be dissapointed.

Besides Dark Knight :) well Dark Knight will be the movie of the year man,maybe "Virgin Territory" will be good,Tim Roths in it,but I dont know,"Punisher:War Zone" is coming in december,but The Dark Knight is the movie Im waiting the most out of them all,seen "Iron Man","Wanted","Hancock" and "The Incredible Hulk",but they aint gonna have shit against Batman,nothing,I cant wait to see Heath as Joker in it,I realy cant,in Lithuania its gonna air on 25th of July and Im already goin insane.
 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Those are he movies are in a ''MUST-SEE'' category, If you haven't seen them in big screen... Go! Don't wait for 'em to be in DVD. :notrust

1. Darknight: Farely the best superhero movie of the year -- RIP Heath Ledger, he gave the best performance of his life in this movie -- He was so talented...

2. Hulk: Hulk SMASH! If you like Epic battles, this movie's the one you should see LOL. I like the remake the first one was kind of ok... But this one Pawns.

3. Iron-Man: I like how the director Associated stark's personnal life and his life as a superhero. Unlike the other suoerhero movies, you can really make a difference with the Heros and the man as a caracter. IMHO

4. HANKCOCK : An awsom movie. Don't fllow the critics, this is one of the most funny movie I've seen this year... Will smith was just incredible. I think people were desapointed at first because they expected more action, but its still really good. It has a good story and plot. Plus its the #1 movie in the world right now. You're never desapointed when you go see a movie with Will-Smith on it lol!!

I'm waitting for Wolverine Origines ( it'll have Deadpool in it ), Thor and Captain america next year. I Hope those those superhero movies keep Raining on us!!
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
4. HANKCOCK : An awsom movie. Don't fllow the critics, this is one of the most funny movie I've seen this year... Will smith was just incredible. I think people were desapointed at first because they expected more action, but its still really good. It has a good story and plot. Plus its the #1 movie in the world right now. You're never desapointed when you go see a movie with Will-Smith on it lol!!

I'm waitting for Wolverine Origines ( it'll have Deadpool in it ), Thor and Captain america next year. I Hope those those superhero movies keep Raining on us!!

Yeah exactly,Ive read the reviews and saw some bad stuff about it and I actualy said to others that this film wont that good.But I went there myself and it was a good movie,a very good movie,he was a fun super-hero.And the ending was nice,but everyone said it was bad.

And Wolverine doesnt come out like 2009 and Dragon Ball will be comin out in 2009,the new Terminator will be coming out and it will be as good as the others one,but it wont scare as it used to when I was a lil kid.Yeah I saw about Thor and Cap on imdb myself,realy lookin forward to whos gonna play them.

Max Payne is coming out this year to and I saw the trailer and it was nice,realy nice.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I just saw The Dark Knight today and...

It's brilliant! The screenplay was great, and the performances of the actors were way above par. It had all the same elements that made Batman Begins great, but Chris Nolan and the whole team pushed it even further. What really impressed me was Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. Ledger was able to portray the sheer madness and genious of the Joker, giving the general audience a taste of the Joker the fans have come to love/hate. It's just too bad that he had to die so abruptly, and now, should Chris Nolan decide to make another Batman movie with the Joker, he'll have to cast someone else... I pity the person who has to fill in such huge shoes...

The Dark Knight- N/A. This movie is too good to stick a number in it
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I saw the Dark Knight too.. last night. This movie is just too good I'm at the loss of word. it's pretty much everything people here said about the Dark Knight. A must watch movie. The only warning is this movie is long, about two hours and a half, but you'll probably never notice because the story is so intense that you'll keep asking for more.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't get ass-cramps from 2:30, so it's not long! :rofl Now LoTR: EXTENDED edition... maaaajor ass-crampage... :rofl
 

notoriousnougat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
The Dark Knight is seriously awesome. Heath Ledger as Joker was scary good. Totally psycho.

I need to take toilet breaks when watching my LOTR special editions XD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
lol, yeah i know what you're talking about, after i watched the extended versions...i felt as if i was watching a whole other movie....it's soooo long but it's true with a film that good you never realise the length of it until the end
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I'm going to see Batman again today. Last time I went to the midnight showing on Thursday and it was so packed I didn't even sit in a chair. Hopefully this time will be different
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LOTR Extended Edition? Damn... I didn't even finish the original release version, gone asleep.... Anyway, I watched the Dark Knight again today. It's still awesome, although I got a little distracted by a cute girl sitting next to me. Now to wait a couple of months for the DVD.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm hoping for an extended edition..hehehe...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
you guys are so lucky that the film is already out where you are, here in the U.K we've got 3 more days before we get to see it...
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ that sucks, LOL

Batman broke the box office record for an opening weekend in U.S. and Canada making $156,000,000, in 3 days, thats crazy. It beat the previous recod held by Spiderman 3 which was $151,000,000.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top