Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
goldb said:
you guys are so lucky that the film is already out where you are, here in the U.K we've got 3 more days before we get to see it...
Yeah, You guys are lucky - here, in PL we must wait to 8th of August for the cinema-premiere :x <man, I'm a masochist - I'm going to wait and watch it the first time on big screen :p>
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
THE DARK KNIGHT

THE DARK KNIGHT

im in awe. how..... how do you describe it....
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Awesome... I believe is the adjective you're looking for.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
awesome is not good enough

good lord i havent been mesmerized by a movie like that since return of the king
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Orgasmic maybe? I know how you feel...hehehe... I'd gladly pay the insane amount it costs to watch it on an Imax... just gotta save...hehehe :D
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Casino Royale-maaan,good movie,never seen a Bond movie,not that I remeber,but this was good,I definantly could watch it again and again,loved the way Daniel acted and the girls were gorgeous there and the torchure scene was absolutely brutal.The cars,I liked it,very proffesional movie,cant wait for the sequel.8-9/10

Now gonna watch something like Blade,go on a trip tomorow,comeback on friday and FINNALY!FINNALY Ill watch the movie I am waiting for so long,I absolutely am cutting the trip short only cause of that movie,I want to be in the premiere I want it to be at its best :)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
one more day then i'm off to see batman!!! don't think i can hold on til then but i'm trying....
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
@HK, you should watch the original Bond movies to compare. That is if you appreciate those old movies.
<hr noshade size="1">
GUYS! another anime-to-live-action if you will:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/07/23/live-action-cowboy-bebop-in-the-works/

I dont know,I will when theres time,Cowboy,never seen the anime,but only heard of it and I know its good,but Im not realy into anime this summer,been avoiding only watching the weekly animes Bleach and Naruto and reading mangas :) But Ill gladly watch the movie,I cant wait to see DB.

And mind the fact I heard Akira was in production and its rumored that DiCaprio is gonna be as the main charachter,tho never seen the anime either.

one more day then i'm off to see batman!!! don't think i can hold on til then but i'm trying....
Yeah me 2,this is unbearable,I think Ill...I cant explain.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
And mind the fact I heard Akira was in production and its rumored that DiCaprio is gonna be as the main charachter,tho never seen the anime either.
I read about that too. Akira was an effing good anime so I dunno what they'll do with that...

Did you guys know about Spielberg and Ghost in the Shell? Yeah.
And that Blood (the last vampire) has already been turned into a movie as well? I haven't seen it yet though.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Monster is being adapted into an english film too, and even though the screenwriter is good, im still skeptical.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
How can monster be condensed into one film? Unless they'll do a trilogy like 20CB?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
20CB is gonna be a trilogy???

most likely they will cut a lot of scenes in monster into one film, its not that popular for the producers to dip in some money for a trilogy. but hey i dont care about the movie, the anime version is so epic you wouldn't care about a live movie :ossu
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Watched "Never Back Down" last night. Feels good, 'cause there's not many martial arts movies this time around. The fighting style in the movie is mixed martial arts like in the UFC. The story is simple to digest though, pretty cliche as in a trouble boy rising in the brawler community and fighting the top cookie in the final minutes of the film, except it's packed in a teenage movie feels. Not necessarily a great movie, but it's nicely refreshing... and the final fight is the winner of MTV Movie Award's Best Fighting Sequence.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i think monster is getting divided into two films and yeah, the screenwriter is enough to leave one somewhat hopeful.

i'm really sad that joseph gordon-levitt is going to be in the akira film. he's one of my favorite actors and i've been following his career closely since angels in the outfield (jk, since manic). his recent choices with akira and gi joe have been shocking to me. however, i'm delighted he'll be reuniting with deschanel in 500 days of summer. now, if only that movie could get a cheadle cameo.

with regard to a live action cowboy bebop, this will probably be the worst of the bunch. given the way hollywood casts things these days, shia lebeouf will be spike, samuel jackson will be jet, angelina jolie will be faye (i'd actually be fine with that XD), and ellen page will be ed (she is really freaking short). it's really sad isn't it?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
But I thought Cowboy Bebop might have more promising results compared to the DB movie since it looks more feasible, given its story. Besides, I do think that the action scenes for Bebop will be more explosive than DB :kukuku
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Wheeeew just seen it,man this very,very good.The actors were amazing Bale,Heath,Morgan and Caine,to bad K.Holmes wasnt Rachel in this one.Great performance by Heat,no amazing performance,but Christian Bale made an awesome performance himself,he did very good himself aswell,the ending,the ending was so good and at the same time kinda sad,you know for Batman taking all that guilt on his shoulders,hmm,that was an amazing movie.

Let me show you a magic trick :D yeah that was good,many great scenes,realy awesome,10/10 without a doubt.


Watched "Never Back Down" last night. Feels good, 'cause there's not many martial arts movies this time around. The fighting style in the movie is mixed martial arts like in the UFC. The story is simple to digest though, pretty cliche as in a trouble boy rising in the brawler community and fighting the top cookie in the final minutes of the film, except it's packed in a teenage movie feels. Not necessarily a great movie, but it's nicely refreshing... and the final fight is the winner of MTV Movie Award's Best Fighting Sequence.
Yeah,yeah was a nice movie to,seen it a couple of times to,I loved the fighting to.
 

Assymilum

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
602
Reaction score
70
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Just watched "Batman: The Dark Knight" last Wednesday. Man, it was 2 and a half hours of real intensity and loud noises! But it was worth it (at least the Batman outfit isn't composed of spandex anymore XD).

I heard that 007: Quantum of Solace is coming this November. Daniel Craig's playing as James Bond again.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Just saw Meet Dave.... And I've only got four words to describe it; Give it up Eddie!

Instead of laughing, I found myself slightly annoyed, and a little bored.

Meet Dave- 2/10
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top