Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Ah, yes!! Sherlock Holmes and Guy Ritchie shall be good stuff.

And I just watched a clip from Dragonball on Comingsoon.net....Painful. And Im one of the people was holding out on the hope it might be good. Its sometimes got some slick cinematography but some cheesey editing and acting. Some asian people just shouldnt act -_-' or at least some of the ones in this film (*cough Chi Chi *cough).
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

the worst movie ever is dragon ball!!! the trailer just made me laugh so hard. that movie is a joke
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
The changes were terrible imo, They certainly didn't help the movie. The graphic novel was successful the way it was, why change something that already works. Some cuts are acceptable but flipping major plot elements upside down are not.
The soundtrack did get an emotional response from me, "WTF is this shit" The moment I heard 99 luftballoons or whatever that stupid song is called. And as redcometfm said the song during that sex scene. What was that all about. Then they played Die Walküre by Wagner during the Vietnam conflict. What was that, a tribute to apocalypse now? The only songs that I thought fit well was the song during the Comedian's F*******

Anyway there's a Sherlock Holmes movie coming out this year with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. Might be interesting.
Well, to each his own; you can't satisfy everyone after all.
 
Last edited:

Akasunanosasori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
451
Reaction score
53
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

the worst movie ever is dragon ball!!! the trailer just made me laugh so hard. that movie is a joke
that movie looks n00b.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Eurotrip was a downright aweful film. Nothing about it was funny and the actors had such appalling comic timing it was somewhat embarrassing.
 

reinen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Worst movie? 18 years old virgin... don't ever watch it.
Also, the sequel of Butterfly Effect..I don't know what was its name..who cares. But, some rumors said that the original director from the first movie is going to make the "true" sequel of the original movie. I hope it'll be a good watch.
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Date Movie. Immediately wanted two hours of my life back.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

The Unborn. A Mac ad with gratuitous panty shots of the anorexic lead actress who couldn't act her way out a paper sack. Movie exists outside of the realm of logic, reason, and entertainment. Plot was extremely obvious even in its most rediculous moments. Might have been interesting if the whole script was burned and rewritten by someone who knows how to write. I want my time and money back, plus interest.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just got to see Coraline in 3D. It's gorgeous. I loved it. Storytelling, visuals, voice acting, animation, and score are all superb. I wasn't expecting it to be very dark, so I wasn't disappointed in that area, but I can see why it would give little kids nightmares.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Saw Watchmen on Saturday and it was brilliant, I've yet to enjoy the graphic novels but from what I saw I can't fault the movie at all. After watching that film it made me think that the characters in comic series such as X-men and Justice league are actually quite two-dimensional, they're simply defined by their enemies and there superhero lives, nothing else factors in. I'll definately be picking up the graphic novel.
 

D3M1URG3

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
179
Reaction score
19
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
re:Movie- The changes made to the film adaptation were needed to sell the movie. The way I see it, the film adaptation is one of them "like it or hate it" films. The movie's accuracy is actually quite impressive. If the movie stayed true to the comic 100% then only people who've read the comic would understand it, thus making the movie a flop, and wasting billions of dollars worth of production.

The key plots in the comic were integrated into the adaptation, leaving a few major and minor events aside. It actually turned out well; I was actually expecting it to be bad.

re:Lesbians- The lesbians were actually a reference to Hooded Justice and the other guy being gay (mentioned in the graphic novel, but not fully explained). Lesbians are easier to sell on film than their male counterparts.

re:Soundtrack- Some times having your own original score isn't the best way to go. The songs used in the film were supposed to incite certain emotions within the audience (i.e. All along the watchtower). I actually have mixed feelings about not having your own score, but in the end, it all boils down on how well they mix it in with the cinematography.
Actually, the Lesbian Reference was made in Regards to The Silhouette who was forced to retire from The Minutemen due to her lesbian relationship -- then was murdered Six days later by a minor villain. That's straight out of the book, but Snyder had to add the Hate crime taste to the murder when It wasn't actually based on her sexual orientation.

When you say Lesbian's are easier to sell on screen, did you happen to notice the fact that they were implying that Ozymandias was gay the entire movie? Having him at Studio 54? Hanging out with the Village People? That very Schumacher esque outfit? They spent more time implying Ozy as a homo and really never made such implications about HJ (Hooded Justice) -- which was slightly more important in the Graphic Novel.

This movie saddened me on a very personal level - Hollywood managed to take my all time favorite graphic novel and pervert It into something that Isn't even comparable. The fact that there are some In the fan base that enjoyed this move simply horrifies me...as It seems that true fans have lost their condemnation of terrible adaptations.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Actually, the Lesbian Reference was made in Regards to The Silhouette who was forced to retire from The Minutemen due to her lesbian relationship -- then was murdered Six days later by a minor villain. That's straight out of the book, but Snyder had to add the Hate crime taste to the murder when It wasn't actually based on her sexual orientation.

When you say Lesbian's are easier to sell on screen, did you happen to notice the fact that they were implying that Ozymandias was gay the entire movie? Having him at Studio 54? Hanging out with the Village People? That very Schumacher esque outfit? They spent more time implying Ozy as a homo and really never made such implications about HJ (Hooded Justice) -- which was slightly more important in the Graphic Novel.

This movie saddened me on a very personal level - Hollywood managed to take my all time favorite graphic novel and pervert It into something that Isn't even comparable. The fact that there are some In the fan base that enjoyed this move simply horrifies me...as It seems that true fans have lost their condemnation of terrible adaptations.
Well that makes me totally ot want to see it...:darn


I haven't really seen anything new but Coraline (twice) in the theater recently, but I did happen to catch Hulk vs. Wolverine on "Hulk vs." dvd. I have to say, that kicked all kinds of ass, quite literally. I was actually impressed and proud of Marvel for it. They had blood and everything! And Deadpool!! :rofl The Weapon X stuff they tied into it was cool too. The best part was when
Wolverine stabbed the shit out Bruce Banner!! :XD

I know, it came out a while ago, but I'M POOR!!! Anyways, I think anyone who likes Marvel would love it. :thumbs
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i've got it as well, i really did think it was well done...

i'm itching for a good movie, any recommendations of april cine releases?
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Honestly, nothing good's coming out till May. May seems to have alot of kickass titles coming out. So May-July are the months to look forward too.
WOLVERINE!! :D
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Honestly, nothing good's coming out till May. May seems to have alot of kickass titles coming out. So May-July are the months to look forward too.
WOLVERINE!! :D

Oh f*ck yeah! I can't wait for that sh*t to come out. :D I just hope they don't screw it up. I hated the way they handled Deathstrike in the last movie. Actually, the last movie was kind of ass. Wolverine was still a pimp though. And I loved that they killed Cyclops. I never liked that douchebag. :notrust It was cool that they killed off Xavier too. It took big hairy nuts to do that. :tem
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
It was cool that they killed off Xavier too. It took big hairy nuts to do that. :tem

he didnt die though. after the credits there's an extra scene.
remember in the middle of the movie when Prof X is giving a class about etiquette? he shows the class a man in coma and talks about moving a conscious mind to that body.

after the credits the coma dude wakes up and says Moira(the doctors name) in Prof X's voice. so he moved his own mind to another body thus forestalling his death. no one dies in X-Men :p
thats why Toad asked Storm in the first film: Dont you people ever die?!?


but hell yeah Wolverine Origins has the potential to rock so much ass that i'll be having nerdgasms for a year :smile-big
 

Rock-a-Dillo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

-Pirate of the Carribean Trilogy
-The Godfather( first and second, the third is not Godfather i tell ya)
-Scarface
-Lion King (as a kid and still are)
-Bourne Trilogy

there's there
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Well that makes me totally ot want to see it...:darn


I haven't really seen anything new but Coraline (twice) in the theater recently, but I did happen to catch Hulk vs. Wolverine on "Hulk vs." dvd. I have to say, that kicked all kinds of ass, quite literally. I was actually impressed and proud of Marvel for it. They had blood and everything! And Deadpool!! :rofl The Weapon X stuff they tied into it was cool too. The best part was when
Wolverine stabbed the shit out Bruce Banner!! :XD

I know, it came out a while ago, but I'M POOR!!! Anyways, I think anyone who likes Marvel would love it. :thumbs
I might have to see that Hulk vs Wolverine

And I dont have money to see movies, its killing me, AHHHHH!!! I want to see the Chun-li and Watchmen movie. This sucks
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
he didnt die though. after the credits there's an extra scene.
remember in the middle of the movie when Prof X is giving a class about etiquette? he shows the class a man in coma and talks about moving a conscious mind to that body.

after the credits the coma dude wakes up and says Moira(the doctors name) in Prof X's voice. so he moved his own mind to another body thus forestalling his death. no one dies in X-Men :p
thats why Toad asked Storm in the first film: Dont you people ever die?!?


but hell yeah Wolverine Origins has the potential to rock so much ass that i'll be having nerdgasms for a year :smile-big

I never saw that part you were talking about I don't think. I just remember the part with Magneto in the park with the chess piece. Hmmm...I should just bust all three of them out and watch them again. My personal fave was part 2 though, like with Spiderman, part two was superior to part one, and part three was inferior to the previous two IMHO. :D
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I never saw that part you were talking about I don't think. I just remember the part with Magneto in the park with the chess piece. Hmmm...I should just bust all three of them out and watch them again. My personal fave was part 2 though, like with Spiderman, part two was superior to part one, and part three was inferior to the previous two IMHO. :D
I wholeheartedly agree :smile-big
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top