Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just saw a commercial for Dragonball the movie and I didn't even know it was Dragonball until the end of the commercials.

I'm trying to convince myself to see it for the lulz but the commercial made me cringe to much.
 
Last edited:

kawaii

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I just saw a commercial for Dragonball the movie and I didn't even know it was Dragonball until the end of the commercials.

I'm trying to convince myself to see it for the lulz but the commercial made me cringe to much.
Live action films usually suck :(

speed racer is forever ruined for me :notrust
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Blood The Last Vampire (live action) could change that. Casshern and the upcoming Goemon from the same director gives me hope for good adaptations.

I appreciated Speed Racer as a filmmaker for what it tried to do (some things of which were experimental with visuals and narrative) but yeah ultimately it just didnt work well.
 

Emily00

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
19
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: What movies should I watch?

42. Schindler's List by by Steven Spielberg
51. Lost in Translation by Sofia Coppola

All the others I've either never seen (most of em) or don't like.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I can't wait for Transformer Revenge of the Fallen to come out. That shit is going to be sick!!
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I can't wait for Transformer Revenge of the Fallen to come out. That shit is going to be sick!!


Oh its gonna be sick!!I just hope nobodys leaks it like they did Wolverine,Transformers is the most anticipated movie for me,the movie will be epic.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
...I just hope nobodys leaks it like they did Wolverine,Transformers is the most anticipated movie for me,the movie will be epic.
lol, that was horrible, it was on the news yesterday over here, apparently the FBI are investigation how it was leaked...

Can't wait for Transformers, if it's anything like the first one then it's gonna be money really well spent
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
lol, that was horrible, it was on the news yesterday over here, apparently the FBI are investigation how it was leaked...

Can't wait for Transformers, if it's anything like the first one then it's gonna be money really well spent


Yeah I head about that,man the guy who leaked the movie is so in trouble and when he gets caught,man the guy will get what he deserves :) the last time some dude leaked some movie,is still in jail.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
lol, are u serious?! OMG shit boy....
I wonder how they get their hands on it in the first place....
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
So....anybody by chance watched that leaked version? haha
Supposedly on IMDB, people are crying, literally, with many comparing it to Catwoman with Halle Berry.
Im kinda worried :/
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Well I wasnt realy hyped up about the movie in the first place,just looking at Deadpool's desin is bad enought,but my friend watched and he said that Im gonna tell you one thing about this movie,one spoiler and you wouldnt want to watch it man,so I thought he cant surprise me with anything so I said c'mon,bring it!So he said that...

Sabertooth is Wolverines brother in the movie,which I doubt myself,cause the guy could be sooooo wrong.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I head about that,man the guy who leaked the movie is so in trouble and when he gets caught,man the guy will get what he deserves :) the last time some dude leaked some movie,is still in jail.
Well, if the movie isn't good, then the studio doesn't deserve any money, in which case, I say the guy did the right thing for letting people know whether or not an iconic comic book character would be butchered.

They are brothers in the movie, which completely fucked up the established dynamic on a lot of levels. Also, they ruined the development Deadpool. It actually might have been decent had they not stripped him of his best quality. I guess it's a somewhat decent action film, but as an expression of an iconic figure and other, relatively secondary, characters of Marvel, it's terrible.

I had been hyped going into it because I thought they had made good choices with the casting.

@comet
Wait, people actually had high hopes for Catwoman?

p.s. I watched it streaming...not letting Fox touch me.

p.p.s. Everyone should watch this spoof: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e0c57bbd21/wolverine-entire-movie-leaked-online.
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Well, if the movie isn't good, then the studio doesn't deserve any money, in which case, I say the guy did the right thing for letting people know whether or not an iconic comic book character would be butchered.

They are brothers in the movie, which completely fucked up the established dynamic on a lot of levels. Also, they ruined the development Deadpool. It actually might have been decent had they not stripped him of his best quality. I guess it's a somewhat decent action film, but as an expression of an iconic figure and other, relatively secondary, characters of Marvel, it's terrible.

I had been hyped going into it because I thought they had made good choices with the casting.

@comet
Wait, people actually had high hopes for Catwoman?

p.s. I watched it streaming...not letting Fox touch me.

p.p.s. Everyone should watch this spoof: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e0c57bbd21/wolverine-entire-movie-leaked-online.



Yeah but the company who created the movie can now have a reason to blame the movies failure on the dude who leaked it,and they still can get some money out of it for all the damages,even if the movie sucks,what he did is illegal.


In the spoiler tag,is that from some kind of review or is it yours?



Catwoman?I never saw it.:darn
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I want to watch the damned united. But people keep standing me up, lol. So now i have to go to the cinema alone. :p
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I finally saw the first Transformers movie last weekend xD It was actually good, I was surprised I liked it since I typically don't like watching Shia Labouef in anything >___> The fact it was on blu-ray with a kick-ass Klipsch surround sound system playing might've been what made it so awesome though :3
 

D3M1URG3

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
179
Reaction score
19
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, I watched the leaked Wolverine: Origins movie last night. I haven't felt this way about a movie In a while...I want my two hours of life back, seriously.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
how long is Wolverine: Origins? 2 hours and?

and PLEASE PLEASE dont spoil that movie in any way for me. i know its out there as a leaked version but im still waiting for the cinema version. cause thats how i want to see my movies. so keep the discussions in spoilertags, thank you.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@boff
The leaked workprint is less than two hours, and roughly an hour-and-a-half if you take out the credits and opening sequence. The leak may end up having a great deal of influence on the final cut. I imagine they'll "try" to address issues raised by critics/fans, but I doubt they'll extend it to the two-hour mark. If they don't make reasonable attempts to deal with the mistakes, they really are maladaptive capitalists. However, even if they do try to make improvements, imo, they don't have much material to work with.

@hollow
Tis my own, though my imdb posts are much longer. XD
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I finally saw the first Transformers movie last weekend xD It was actually good, I was surprised I liked it since I typically don't like watching Shia Labouef in anything >___> The fact it was on blu-ray with a kick-ass Klipsch surround sound system playing might've been what made it so awesome though :3

For the first time?I saw it somewhere around 40 times already,the movie is awesome,and Shia is awesome to :notrust

@boff
The leaked workprint is less than two hours, and roughly an hour-and-a-half if you take out the credits and opening sequence. The leak may end up having a great deal of influence on the final cut. I imagine they'll "try" to address issues raised by critics/fans, but I doubt they'll extend it to the two-hour mark. If they don't make reasonable attempts to deal with the mistakes, they really are maladaptive capitalists. However, even if they do try to make improvements, imo, they don't have much material to work with.

@hollow
Tis my own, though my imdb posts are much longer. XD

Well the leaked version is missing lots of Deadpool action,man I knew the movie is going to fail,just looking at all the trailers :darn they should have sticked to the comic book and make exactly like a comic book,but not adding theyre own shity ideas,they ruining one of the greatest comic book heroes ever.

:D yeah I never read those long posts.

So, I watched the leaked Wolverine: Origins movie last night. I haven't felt this way about a movie In a while...I want my two hours of life back, seriously.

This is terrible,everyone hates the movie,everyone :darn I heard rumors of a sequal :D



Talking about a sequals?Dragon Ball already has a written script for the the sequal.How about that? :D They sure are ruining Dragon Ball,and I think they are going to ruin Vegeta next :oh


Heres the link to the article- http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00023294.html
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I heard rumors of a sequal :D
...They're making a Magneto movie, but I think that one would be harder to fail. Holocaust victim is mutant, knows humans will do the same to mutants, befriends kickass telepath, works with him for a while, and then the two of them play a chess game. But then, they kinda already hinted at most of his progression in the other movies. If they try to make them allies throughout, I have to wonder who they'd designate as a common enemy.

It would be awesome if Marvel started making some cartoons dealing with the parallel universes. I always thought that Age of Apocalypse would make for a good animated series/movie.


My only problem with Hulk Vs. was that they made Sabretooth sound like a little bitch. My favorite part was the "banzai!!!" followed by a girly scream.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top