Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
But nat, you have to agree the plot sounds damn interesting.

Push looks to be pretty decent tbh, like a mix between x-men and heroes
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
For the first movie plot was just a deformation of the bible. He made millions of saying Christ was human, and his descendants are french...That sucked, big time. So I think the second movie will contain just as much bull...if not more, besides the actors are not that great...(for me anyways)


Push was 'OK' had some neat characters but the ending was meh...
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He made millions of saying Christ was human
Sigh, and the church made a googol by saying Christ was an avatar of God and arguing that they were the only ones who should have access to the Word. Christ being human isn't a new argument, nor is Christ being married to Magdalene. This discourse was part of early Christianity (hell, the former even played out in the Islamic narrative), and the understanding that is popular now was simply the one that won out (a number of alternative interpretations still exist). It's not the author's fault that the New Testament's composition and subsequent theology were geared towards this popular understanding and few people have a real understanding of the religion's beginnings. However, I will agree that it never deserved to be made into a movie nor did the creator deserve any money.


@kurono
Why didn't you listen to me?
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
To quote myself:

Just came back from watching star trek. The film is just soooo awesome. And im not even a star trek fan (before my time -_-). Easily the best film i seen this year. Its going to take something absolutely great to top that film for me. Im running out of words to describe how giddy i felt when i heard about the sequels. The film is just wow :love
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
As a semi-trekkie, I can honestly say that I had a nerdgasm while watching Star Trek. Great screenplay, cinematography, actng performance, etc. This movie is J.J. Abrahms' best films by far.
 

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
4,236
Reaction score
1,260
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Just to say Star Trek was awesome. Oh wait, everyone agrees!

(the only "bad" part is that TBBT won't ever lemme watch star trek again. Sheldon is so Spockish that I felt like laughing at every scene xD)
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the Wolverine film last week, you see that episode of south park where they went to see the new Indianna Jones film... Yeah that's how I felt afterwards.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
aaw wtf i need to watch star trek soon as well, everyone's having nerdgasms and loving this movie and i don't even know if i want to see it...
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The new Indy was just unneeded. South Park pretty much nailed my sentiments.

Push I thought was very original with how they used characters, the particular character types and the direction they took the story. Brilliant cinematography too.

And Star Trek was pretty good. Minor element that couldve been done better (mainly the villian's motives) but otherwise awesome. They made characters feel real, especially Uhura and they really nailed 'Bones' McCoy.
 

candy rain

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
France
heard that lie to me is wonderful.it isnt mentioned about some beauty or handson,just the reality around us,it is worthy of watching.

oh thriller movies isnt my cap of tea ^^
 
Last edited by a moderator:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Star trek was absolutely brilliant. THATS how a sci fi movie is supposed to be. absolutely stunning visually and great interactions amongst the characters, and a vvery acceptable storyline. i mean, 2 minutes into the movie i leaned into my friend and said "This movie is already better than all the other star trek movies together." and i meant it. it rocked!
happily recommended for everyone. go watch the movie peoples! DO IT!


does if have to be new cuz if so obsessed and fast n the furious but da last movie i watched today was called kuffs.
excuse me but, whaaaaa? english isnt exactly my first language but dude. whaaaa?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'll do it!!! I was waiting for someone to tell me how good it was....really hope it's as good as you say Boff, otherwise my money back!!

I have planned to see only these movies this summer: Wolverine, Star Trek, Transformers and Harry Potter; so far Wolverine was a disappointement, hopefully star trek brings back the faith
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: What's a cool movie to watch?

I merged these two threads since they are very similar and tend to be about the same issue.

Anyway red cliff I and II is definitely a must see ^^
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think the next big controversial summer blockbuster is Terminator Salvation. I mean T3 obviously sucked, but this installment could divide people/the fans.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I think it's going to be Inglorious Basterds... Nothign says controversial like *eight Jewish-American GI's brutally torturing Nazis... in France...

*-edit
 
Last edited:

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's going to be Inglorious Basterds... Nothign says controversial like five Jewish-American GI's brutally torturing Nazis... in France...
That movie looks awesome and from your description it sounds even more badass.
 

phoenixlipo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 18, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

My top 5 movies that i have seen many times :-
1.A Clockwork Orange
2.Super Troopers
3.Robin Hood
4.Aliens
5.Lord of the Rings
 

Grizz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think the next big controversial summer blockbuster is Terminator Salvation. I mean T3 obviously sucked, but this installment could divide people/the fans.
Am really lukin forward seein that in the cinemas :):)
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Good Burger...

Period.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Okay it's a bit late to react and everything, but I just saw star trek and loved it.

ANYWAY, while I was in the movies, trailers showed up and wtf, ICE AGE 3? is there no end? they're pushing it.

And! I'm actually excited to see HP 6.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top