Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryderdm3

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
140
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

These movies you all are listing are like Oscar award winners compared to movies like...

Future War
Troll 2
American Cyborg

Those movies are absolute scum.
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

i'll be honest with you ryder, apart from american cyborg i havent even heard of the others let alone seen them. anyreasons why you say what you say?
and can you think of any mainstream film(s) that you would also put here.

btw nothing can make street fighter the movie look like a oscar winner, just impossible
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Heh, haven't heard of these ones either, but they do sound like bad B-movies to me too.

As for Daredevil, I actually liked it, it was pretty faithful to the original story and I thought it was pretty entertaining. But oh well, that's just me I guess. I rank Hulk as more of a stinker.
 

murai

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Have any of you guys seen Layer Cake? Its a British gangster movie directed by the guy who's directing X3 (Matthew Vaughn).

Pretty good movie, dl'ed the dvdrip off limewire.
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

i must agree with you goldknight, that hulk was a lot more of a stinker then daredevil, but honestly i dont know how u could have liked that film, esp. after ben's acting, major cheesyness there.

did any1 else notice in hulk, the sfx of the big lovable green monster quality decreases as the film goes on. if u didnt notice, at the beginning hulk looks nice as, but then look at when is running from the fighter planes, at some points we can see through him, and as the film goes on from there it gets worse and worse.

on the notion of marval, i personally aint a fan of most marvel adapted films.
xman i didnt like very much due to how the characters are all weak ones in comparison to comic, but i just hated more then anything those cheesy 1 liners.
elektra actually put me to sleep
fantasic four was a bore
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was action filled but there was so much wrong with it.
The Punisher didnt even do so well in cinema for obvious reasons, didnt like it myself, although the game is wicked.
spiderman wasnt so bad but could have been better.

in future i think we will see more being joined to this list, as there more marvels in production. such as sorry to say, but a daredevil 2 is in production along with iron man, doctor strange, captain america, deathlok, the sub-mariner, luke cage, and werewolf by night.

however on a positive side, marvel have made a great film, i.e. Blade. but this thread is about worset films.
can you guys think of anymore really terriable films, the more popular and mainstream the better

p.s. my partner told me to add naruto :narsengan to this list. :kislide i was left speechless
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Dunno what you are talking about, Punisher was the greatest comedy I saw that year. :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Well, bear in mind I'm a little luckier than most because I am deaf - so "bad acting" is something I don't notice most of the time. I thought Ben Affleck looked like a superhero, and he moved around well enough that he was a believable Daredevil visually.

So that being said, I also still have to actually enjoy watching the characters and the story, and I didn't in Hulk.

As for the other Marvel films, so far I think Blade, Spider-Man and X-Men movies are definitely good films. I'll agree that all of them do have some flaws, but that usually comes from lack of budget or time sometimes (ie. X-Men or Fantastic Four) or pressure to meet up to fans' standards. But I wouldn't call any of them "worst movies in the world," except maybe Hulk.

I also happen to think DC's Batman Begins movie was one of the best comic book adaptations so far.

By the way, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen isn't a Marvel film.
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

dont get me wrong, i aint placing, such films as xmen, spiderman, punisher, fantastic4 in this thread to say they are worst movie etc etc, but i added them here mainly as a sub-topic to say that after all the hype they got i was somewhat disappointed at the end product. but never the less watchable. apologies for not making that clear first time round.

but in my opinion such films as daredevil, hulk and elektra do belong in this thread. [br]Posted at: 24-03-2006, 00:27:48_________________________________________________list of so far Worst Movies Ever by the MH puplic

1. Street fighter the movie
2. scoopy doo the movie
3. mortal kombat 2
4. Dungeons & Dragons
5. Daredevil
6. National Lampoon's European Vacation
7. spawn
8. STREET FIGHTER Alpha: Generations
9. Bram Stoker's Way of the Vampire
10. Churchil: The Hollywood Years
11. Ultra Violet
12. Memoirs of a Geisha
13. Future War
14. Troll 2
15. American Cyborg
16. Hulk
17. elektra


you guys and gals think we can get this list to atleast 40????????????? :leepose
 

SchmoDawg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

4 brothers - it sucks so bad, no possible way any of it would happen so unrealistic

yeah I agree with most of the above especially Hulk, Elektra, and Daredevil (hahaha bullseye throwing ninja stars into cops heads while doing handstands on motorcycles)
 

Keeler

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Move Hulk up to ummm say 5. I hated the movie. I mean the hulk is about destroying things and they tried to make it into a drama almost. Blah is all I can say for it. But I do have to add that I liked the daredevil movie...and the directors cut did make it better in my opinion.

Just remembered a bad one...Driven I did not like that one. Bad acting and dumb story = bad movie.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

I agree, the Director's Cut for Daredevil definitely fleshed it out better.

Bullseye was like that in the comics, too, btw, SchmoDawg.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

dula said:
list of so far Worst Movies Ever by the MH puplic

1. Street fighter the movie
2. scoopy doo the movie
3. mortal kombat 2
4. Dungeons & Dragons
5. Daredevil
6. National Lampoon's European Vacation
7. spawn
8. STREET FIGHTER Alpha: Generations
9. Bram Stoker's Way of the Vampire 
10. Churchil: The Hollywood Years
11. Ultra Violet
12. Memoirs of a Geisha
13. Future War
14. Troll 2
15. American Cyborg
16. Hulk
17. elektra
Out of that list, I've seen Street Fighter the Movie, Scooby Doo, and Spawn (well, a bit of it). Thank goodness I stayed away from Dungeons & Dragons, Daredevil, The Hulk, and Elektra. I thought they'll suck. I'm definitely not planning to see Ultra Violet (it's still showing in theatres in my country. I'm surprised to see Memoirs of a Geisha there. I haven't seen the movie but I like the novel a lot.

I've seen several bad movies though I'm not really a movie-watching sort of person; I've missed a lot of the more recent releases. One really bad movie that I remember is Batman and Robin. In my opinion, it's the worst out of the 4 Batman movies (thank goodness Batman Begins was much, MUCH better) and I'm not even a Batman aficionado to begin with. It's too corny, especially with Arrhnowld around. Doom (starring The Rock) is another stinker I've seen in recent history. I can't believe I allowed my younger brother to drag me to watch that pile of filth. I know it was supposed to be a homage to the game but couldn't the director leave out the 1st person sequence around the latter part of the movie? The movie was mostly shot in the 3rd person view then after the hero regains his consciousness due to events in the cliched plot, it's 1st person now?!

There are definitely others that I could add but that's it for now. I'm also sure that there are others that are as bad or worse than the ones already listed that I am thankful to NOT have seen. As a final note, does anyone else notice that a lot of bad films are adaptations?
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

dula said:

12. Memoirs of a Geisha


:(

What was wrong with Memoirs? I thought it was pretty good.
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

asmo said:
Memoirs of a Geisha - an incredible accumulation of clichees and kitsch :D
asmo, or anyone who seen this film, could you please give a quick reason for people such as myself and Ayah whom haven't seen this film as to why you would place this movie in this thread????

my partner said she actually really enjoyed this film and loved the book.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

@ dula

I haven't seen Memoirs of a Geisha yet but based from the reviews I have read and heard, it wasn't a bad movie. I would want to watch it though.
 

abdulahi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

are we there yet (ice cube)

spice girls the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i've been told S club 7 the movie was a total snor.......
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

About Memoirs of a Geisha:
There are a number of reasons why I dislike that movie.
Most of the actors have a terrible accent, it's a real pain listening to that. The movie is full of cliches: sometimes you get the impression that at every corner in Japan there's a folk-dance group (which was certainly not the case). The Westerners (Americans in this case) are portrayed as primitive idiots drinking and f***ing all the time. The whole Geisha trade is portrayed incorrectly to a certain extent. First they tell us that Geishas are not prostitutes (correct) and the next moment the main character's virginity is sold to the highest bidder. The movie is full of cheesy dialogues and stupid-onliners. No wonder the Japanese complained that their whole culture is portrayed incorrectly. Ironically the Chinese actors playing the lead roles in the movie were attacked by their own people for acting as Japanese *g*
In the end it's just another "poor but beautiful girl turns into a hooker" story. :D

Sorry for the rant. Please feel free to disagree with me :)
 

okyatoks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Our country produces a lot of trash movies. :darn

"There's this movie, during the last scene:

The hero has only one bullet left in his gun, but still have two enemies left...
guess what? He took out his jungle knife and place it in front of the barrel...
and voila... the bullet splits into two...both of his enemies were killed.
Yaay! The hero saves the day! The End! :p

BTW: Most Film Critics judged Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) as the worst movie of all time! Directed by Edward D. Wood Jr.
Although, most film enthusiasts do study this film.

Well, mine includes: Superman 4, Batman 3 & 4, Spawn, Star Wars Prequels (they could have done more: in terms of acting and plot)
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

asmo said:
About Memoirs of a Geisha:
There are a number of reasons why I dislike that movie.
Most of the actors have a terrible accent, it's a real pain listening to that. The movie is full of cliches: sometimes you get the impression that at every corner in Japan there's a folk-dance group (which was certainly not the case). The Westerners (Americans in this case) are portrayed as primitive idiots drinking and f***ing all the time. The whole Geisha trade is portrayed incorrectly to a certain extent. First they tell us that Geishas are not prostitutes (correct) and the next moment the main character's virginity is sold to the highest bidder. The movie is full of cheesy dialogues and stupid-onliners. No wonder the Japanese complained that their whole culture is portrayed incorrectly. Ironically the Chinese actors playing the lead roles in the movie were attacked by their own people for acting as Japanese *g*
In the end it's just another "poor but beautiful girl turns into a hooker" story. :D

Sorry for the rant. Please feel free to disagree with me :)
Awww you should not appoligze for ranting. I like to read stuff like that, it gives the me a better idea of what the actual culture that it was trying to portray thought about it.

Also I guess that after reading your reasons I could see why someone would not like it. But I know that personally I do not have any grasp of the Japanese language or some of the more intricate customs that I could have compared the movie to. I think that was why I was able to enjoy it a lot more. :amuse
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Tamerlane said:
Awww you should not appoligze for ranting. I like to read stuff like that, it gives the me a better idea of what the actual culture that it was trying to portray thought about it.

Also I guess that after reading your reasons I could see why someone would not like it. But I know that personally I do not have any grasp of the Japanese language or some of the more intricate customs that I could have compared the movie to. I think that was why I was able to enjoy it a lot more.  :amuse
The movie still works quite well as a romance. The problem is, that I expected something different :D
Some of my friends told me that they enjoyed watching that movie.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top