Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

really? i love jim carrey's acting, it's the script that kills him. but he's one of the best actors you'll see.

good gawd yes street fighter is so awful. it sends chills if i remember it
 

kashi_n

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

street fighter? hahaha, I think that movie is kinda funny (I've watched it for the first time when I'm 9 or something).

And I'm still laughing at looking how bad the actors was.. XDDD
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Just seen Shrek 3 yesterday! I remember laughing a lot at some parts, but the problem is, I cant really remember what the jokes are now... >.<
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Wow, I really forgot about Shrek 3 :x But seriously now when I think about it, I think that I will not wait for polish dub and see english dub... or no, I will wait for polish, but when it will be..

Nami if you laughed, and later on you can;t remember what jokes were, does it mean that You like it or didn't like the movie? :p
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Wait for polish dub? Will they capture the jokes well? Oh, i'm just wondering, don't mind me.

I think I like the movie (while I"m watching it), hehe, but doubt I'll see it a 2nd time. It is more for the jokes than for anything else. And I just realise you got that Puss in Boots avatar from Shrek??! :blink
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Nami I think that PL dub is one of the best in the world (I'm not comapring with english :p). Why? One of the best actors and actresses from PL scene are giving their voice, and two main actors which are giving voice for Shrek and Donkey were in Cannes because of that. And too that, PL translator is really good in transalting, because he translates, and add things which correspond excatly with PL features of real life :D

Ok, so from what You write I think that Third movie will be only for jokes (but Shrek is for that ;p) and not so much good as 1st and 2nd ^^"

Nami said:
I just realise you got that Puss in Boots avatar from Shrek??!
Oh yeah, I did it back than when was premiere of Shrek 2. Cat's eye actually are on MH too:
:wtf

:D
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Wow! Sounds good! That means you won't miss out anything at all from the dub! I'm sure you'll love the series! :tem

I think I'm going to watch Ocean's Thirteen this weekend hopefully. Yeah.....its time to drool at Brad Pitt !:hbunny
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
shrek 3, totally ok. i loved the High Scool scene :smile-big

28 weeks later, not my cup of tea. First one brilliant. but nah on the sequel.

Night Watch, awesome. i really love when an original idea shows up and it really works. good movie in my book.

Oceans 13, meh. like thge other ones. not really cinema movie in my book. it feels like watching a tv program thats just longer.

the Fountain, not a movie for everyone but if you like deep stuff with a bit of thinking needed then this is definetly a movie for you!

that was this weeks movie rapport from el Boffo.
see ya next week (yeah im gonna make this a weekly thing)
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Good summary Boff!!

Night watch - is this the russian show?

THe Fountain - I would watch it for Hugh Jackman, but it don't really seem action-packed to me. Well, let's see whether its going to show up on the screens near my place soon though.. :s
 

Gorzka

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
POTC 3 - boring! Damn I want my money back! Was really disappointed :(

Too much stuff going around and many jokes where lame

BTW
Did you wait for the last scene after the credits?
If not here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huy1z5PkSv4
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
im haunted by johnny depp's enticing acting, i love the pirates series. i fell to the blockbuster seduction. thanks for the link, knowing the series made me wanna cry i went out of the theatre fast--

btw wtf is up with underdog its gotta be like the cheesiest trailer ive seen
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Are you asking what Underdog IS, or just wtfxup with the movie/trailers?
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
no, wtf is up with such a cheesy movie previewing in the movies. dont tell me you dont feel the cheese??
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Good summary Boff!!

Night watch - is this the russian show?
thanks!

and yes it is. definetly worth watching! and the sequel is on the way and i think that it could be a good movie as well.

THe Fountain - I would watch it for Hugh Jackman, but it don't really seem action-packed to me. Well, let's see whether its going to show up on the screens near my place soon though.. :s
no no action in the fountain. its an eclectic lovestory that takes place at 3 times in history. its very VERY deep.
so not for everyone
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
just saw oceans 13 today... pretty good...
 

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@level4
That's weird. I didn't find it particularly good. The heist was not too exciting. It was fun to watch familiar characters pulling off another heist but it was the usual Ocean's (Insert Number) stuff but less exciting. Don't get me wrong, it was still enjoyable.

@yonie
I definitely agree, it was cheesy and the tag-line was dog-brain stupid.
"One Nation Under Dog"? Come on, they can come up with something better than that.
This movie isn't in my priority list but I'll probably end up being dragged into watching it.
 
Last edited:

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Jim Carrey is a great actor? Haha, now that's funny!

I don't mean to insult Jim Carrey, he's got talent but he definitely isn't great. He can give viewers some serious laughs but his style gets old pretty quickly. Fine, he can distort his face and make a funny face. I enjoy some of his movies but once you watch more than four of Carrey's films, you tend to enjoy them lesser.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@ignorantsage- i know what you mean, but it is a must see for fans of the series....after all someting important does happen....
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I might see O13, but I read that it still pales in comparison to the first one, do you agree?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
it does....and you've gotta see 1 and 2 (or 11 and 12) to get most of the inside jokes....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top