Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Live Free or Die Hard is in my "Must See" list. Too bad it isn't showed in my town's theatre yet. But I hope it's soon. So it's better that Die Hard 2, eh. Now that's throwing gasoline to the flame.

About Transformers, yeah, it's good. One of the most exciting film I've seen this month. But to be honest, I didn't expect it to be that good, because I'm not much of a Transformers fan. I don't care what people say about the actors, they're good. Maybe because of the way Michael Bay view this franchise and his different approach of storytelling and directing. According to what I read at Wikipedia, he's not a Transformers fan. So I think it's great.
What's more is the use of What I've Done, but it's only at the end of the movie. :oh
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Harry Potter comes out in mere hours! Who's gonna see it?
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am seeing it tomarrow in Imax! i can't wait i don't want to go to the midnight showing to many ppl and i am not a fan-boy so i can wait lol
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
i just saw Harry Potter.
it was ok. not great but ok.

i wont talk about the story cause i dont wanna spoil it for anyone but it was a totally ok movie
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Don't spoil the movie for me! I got Passion of the Christ spoiled for me a few years ago, and I got pissed!

But yeah, I heard it wasn't FANTASTIC, but I'm still going to see it, of course.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Don't spoil the movie for me! I got Passion of the Christ spoiled for me a few years ago, and I got pissed!
:blinkthats a joke right? cause that story is KINDA well known already........ :XD
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes, yes I was just kidding, like I'm kidding about spoiling Harry Potter since I read the books already. But I'm watching Daniel Radcliff being interviewed by Larry King right now about the movie, and the scenes shown so far look pretty awesome, even though he's doing a shitty job interviewing him.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw it today... not in imax dumb thing was sold out >.< *lol i wasnt thinking of buying tickets a week in advance >_>*

Anyways i was let down ... it could have been a awsome movie but they left out alot so i'm feeling kindof cheated...
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I saw Order of the Phoenix last night. Well, let's just say it's okay. I noticed many changes and skips were made. But I have no real complaints, since I understand it's not an easy job to write a script for translating an almost 1000 pages novel (in my country's translation of the book, it's 1002 pages :o ) into a 2 hours movie. The editing is a bit confusing though, so many times the interchanges looks very fast. But maybe that's the director's style. Anyway, I'd say, just watch it if you have free time. :)
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I saw the movie myself and I was not too impressed. All I have to say is that you guys will like the last 20 minutes of the movie. I was not too impressed because I felt the movie was too short, only 2:18 minutes. I believe that movie is the longest so far was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (about 2:40 minutes I think). It's one of the reasons that #2 remains one of the best and number 4 movie was my favorite just because of the story.

People are saying they cannot make the movie too long but it is pretty hard for the people who only follow the movie to understand when a lot of stuff are not explained
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
finally i watched it and able to read this thread! okay, i really like the movie! but goblet is still by far the better one, cause there's no new atmosphere or cinematography or theme present, it's like an extension of the goblet movie. despite that, still an amazing movie. lots of differences but not too damaging i suppose. i could've wished the director could've been more original.... but i guess that's the pattern of the HP movies from now on... anyway storywise, it will drag, like the book. but the final battle, definitely beautiful

luna is lovely. her voice is haunting
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
finally i watched it and able to read this thread! okay, i really like the movie! but goblet is still by far the better one, cause there's no new atmosphere or cinematography or theme present, it's like an extension of the goblet movie. despite that, still an amazing movie. lots of differences but not too damaging i suppose. i could've wished the director could've been more original.... but i guess that's the pattern of the HP movies from now on... anyway storywise, it will drag, like the book. but the final battle, definitely beautiful

luna is lovely. her voice is haunting

Yep, the final battle was definitely something, it was well done. And yes, Luna's voice was weird to me but they chose the right person to do the job.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
it was weird in a very alluring way... i love her, i cant think of a more perfect actress

btw ginny the actress really disturbs me.... i dont like her at all... she should be really hot...
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Well, I think Ginny is hot though, she's not that bad looking:

 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
she's not my type................ there're hotter girls in the 5th movie
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Well yeah, I think so too but Ginny is not Ugly though. I also think Ginny is hotter than the girl that plays Luna.

One other girl I think that's hot is Angelina Johnson, but I do no think they showed her that much in movie 5 (she's gonna b Ron's temporary girlfriend in movie 6)


I could not find a bigger pic
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
im trying to remember who was the hot girl in the DA room, and in the ending another hottie just behind ron.... ah man why are we talking about the hotties? the battle scenes are great! voldy and dumbledore's fight is kickass
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I don't remember who the hotties were either. And Cho chang could have been hotter as well. Anyways, the fight betweem Dumbledore and Voldemort was well done. They were doing stuff we have never seen before. And the best was that he was both fighting Voldemort and potecting Harry Potter at the same time.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Nymphadora is the hottest girl in that movie no discussion about that.
i wonder if she'd like to marry me.......?

i mean just look at her:


teh hotness!!!


but yeah it was a really REALLY cool ending battle.
was it just me that thought it was very naruto-ish?
KATON - karyuudan!
SUIOTON - suishoha!!!

it was awesome :smile-big
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
yeah Tonks was definitely the hottest girl up in there, I totally forgot about her since I was only focusing on the young ones. I think she's the hottest one that I've ever seen in the HP movies. She's even hotter than the girl that's supposed to very pretty Fleur Delacour.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top