Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
53
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Crossroads and Spice World, anyone?
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Worst movie for me was "Wild, Wild West." I wanted to shoot myself in the head sitting through that crap in the theater.
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

Shaun of the Dead
Super Troopers
Singin' in the Rain
Clerks
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (I guess any Kevin Smith movie)

Leon Zaowodowiec (really, that with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman, I dont know english name and Im to lazy to search :p)
The US title is "The Professional"
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
im skeptical about all the upcoming movies this week. especially resident evil. gonna have to wait for friend's reviews. part 2 sucked
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Shooter was magnificent. Loved the storyline, great action too. xD
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
im skeptical about all the upcoming movies this week. especially resident evil. gonna have to wait for friend's reviews. part 2 sucked
I heard it was bad. But from some reviews I read, it has a so-so positive rating. I don't really like RE movies, because they only favor the action and so little shocking / scary scenes. If they were to give more horror like the game, it might be good.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i saw on rotten tomatoes. it got around 20%. that's gotta be awful. im picky about my moviez :)
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, it looks pretty crappy, to me, and they make it seem like all the other "expert zombie hunters" except Alice totally suck.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I watched Phantom of the Opera (again) today and I loooooove it! A lot of people don't like it, but I do. I've seen the original play, which is jut as amazing, but there's so many things you can't do in a play (though that's part of a play's charm) that you CAN in a movie and seeing Phantom on-screen is awesome <3 critics said the casting was shit but I think the cast is great.
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I thought Phantom was well done also, in fact, I liked it better than the stage version I saw. I think it received more harsh criticism than it deserved for being a bit too cheesy for the critics' taste, which is really pretty silly as the play is just as cheesy itself (which is obviously not a bad thing, considering how much money the show has brought in... people like that stuff ^^). Personally, I loved how reminiscent of Cocteau it was, with the staging and atmosphere :amuse

Random but kind of cool fact...I first saw the movie in an old theatre that was converted from an opera house, which made it even more cool but also kind of creepy...good thing there wasn't a chandelier :p

Anyway, I just watched Tony Takitani, a beautiful story by Haruki Murakami turned into a surprisingly great film, imho. It's a sad but very moving and profound story, I highly recommend it :amuse (but read the story first!! ^^)
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I loved Phantom although I wasn't in love with the singing voice on the guy playing the Phantom. (His name escapes me but he redeemed himself to me in 300 though which was a totally bitchin' movie.)

I just watched Hot Fuzz! That was hella funny! I liked Shaun of the Dead more but it was still really good. ^_^
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

5 of many movies...

Big Trouble in Little China
A Clockwork Orange
Hard Boiled
The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Phantom = Gerard Butler <3333 (totally bishie!) Yeah, his voice wasn't super super great, but considering he'd never really had any voice training (as opposed to Emmy Rossum, who'd even sung with the Metropolitan Opera) he's wasn't half bad.
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks... Gerard Butlers name was totally escaping me. I was in love with the guy who played Raoul. Emmy Rossum was awesome though. I really really liked her Christine. I saw the show on stage in LA and loved it. Someday I would love to see it again. Do you like other musicals? I am a sucker for anything with Gene Kelly and I love Jesus Christ Superstar.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Raoul was played by Patrick Wilson. And yeah, he was hot <3 And agreed, Emmy was AMAZING.

I love Mama Mia! and Hairspray. I haven't seen many others, but I really really really wanna see the upcoming Broadway version of The Little Mermaid! And Beauty and the Beast. I'm a total sucker for Disney <3
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Little Mermaid is going to Broadway?! I am dying to see Mama Mia. I am actually a big ABBA fan so I want to see it by default. I have always wanted to go to NY to see a show. Maybe the Little Mermaid will be my chance. I am a sucker for Disney too!

LadyHatake, you have to see Singin' in the Rain. It is an old musical comedy but really good. If you want a dramatic old WWII era movie, check out Me and My Gal. It stars Gene Kelly and Judy Garland. I love it but it is really dramatic and very pro-USA due to the war that was going on at the time.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
oooh, I love those old movies! I've seen part of singing in the rain, but it was yeaaaars ago so In don;t really remember. My mom really got me into older movies. She always watching the ones on AMC and TCM or w/e those channels are XD
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, old movies are great. I am a total sucker for most of the musicals MGM did in the 40's and 50's. There was soooo much talent back then! It is also funny to see the change in what people consider beauty to be. Now, it is so posh to be stick thin and be all done up with Plastic surgery. Back then, it was much more real with most actors of that time.
 

Leos~

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
175
Reaction score
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Two words: Open Water. Dear god, it hurt. It. Hurt.
 

kluzman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
162
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

My top 5 list :

-> Mononoke Hime (I saw it 6 times while it was still on theatre in France, wich lasts only a couple weeks)
-> La cité de la Peur (I don't think it's ever been translated in any language, but it's without question the funniest movie I ever saw, and I think I could just write down every single sentence of it from memory :p )
-> Once upon a time in America
-> Kung Pow (what a laugh.. darn :D )
-> Memento
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top