Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Since you're making such a big fuss about Hot Fuzz :D I watched it last night. And you know, I think it was brilliant! It's like all genres mixed into one hillarious movie. The scene when Nick kicks the old lady square in the face is priceless. Cool movie!
 

Decir

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Whaa?? You never seen it before? It's been around for ages..:blink
And I don't think it's such a bad movie, it's more like a very good example what a b-movie is.

Anyway, yeah Fantastic Four: Rise of the silver surfer was shit like hell, they somewhat mixed Ultimate Fantastic Four and the old ones. I wanted to see galactus and not the galactus version from Ultimate FF. :(
 

MadDog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
938
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot. Stallone goes from Rocky 4, to that piece of garbage. What in the heck was he thinking?

Oh, and Rocky 5 was pretty damm terrible as well.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
just saw Fred Clause today.... it's neither bad nor good... 6.5/10 imo...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i watched the redux of apocalypse now last night.... and i hate it :( the added scenes really slowed the pacing of the original movie. not to mention lightened the atmosphere with humor and some... the original is imo the only thing you should watch
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Thx GK for the link xD

O fakin szit.. amazing chatacyerization :wtf Heath Ledger <yes?> will be <i think> amazing Joker in that movie, I hope so much :wtf :D Awesome.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Heath Ledger's Joker sure looks threatening. I read in a magazine that in the Dark Knight story, the wide grin Joker has is because it was ripped (and get stitched). I hope he's at least as good as Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
the difference bet good old jack and heath is that they have very different acting styles. it'll surely be different. but thats the good thing! i don't want to see a ripoff of nicholson's joker, i want to see a fresh new take on joker. Ledger's a good actor, i'm sure he'll do the dark knight's arch foe justice. :D
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Holy shit, I just found out about this new movie, "Juno"

I'm going to see it for obvious reasons.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
the difference bet good old jack and heath is that they have very different acting styles. it'll surely be different. but thats the good thing! i don't want to see a ripoff of nicholson's joker, i want to see a fresh new take on joker. Ledger's a good actor, i'm sure he'll do the dark knight's arch foe justice. :D
Yeah and I don't want to see an acting ripoff too. What I meant was I hoped that Heath gives a satisfying acting as Joker 'just like Jack Nicholson did'. :) That doesn't necessarily means Heath ripping off Jack's acting as Joker, cause he'll fail miserably. Everybody have their own way to do things. Well, enough of that. Anybody seen Hitman yet?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I did! It was good. I felt like i'm playing the game when i saw several scenes in that movie. They could've done it with a better actor though, Agent 47 didnt look "cold" enough. :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah and I don't want to see an acting ripoff too. What I meant was I hoped that Heath gives a satisfying acting as Joker 'just like Jack Nicholson did'. :) That doesn't necessarily means Heath ripping off Jack's acting as Joker, cause he'll fail miserably. Everybody have their own way to do things. Well, enough of that. Anybody seen Hitman yet?
yeah, i really hope it's different.

@hitman- not really based on the plot, good acting, good cinematography, and it has an overall good feel. 8/10 imo. i'd been a 10/10 if they stuck to the clone bit and ditched the girl. i guess te US is just sensitive about the topic on cloning after the whole "stem-cell" incident.

@ichi- timpthy olyphant didn't look badass enough, but he did fit the freaky bit of 47. had they gotten jason statham then they'd have filled up the badass bit but not the freaky bit....hmhm...big tradeoff, but i'm glad that they took freaky over badass since 47 is hella freaky to begin with.
 
Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Well, this list was compiled by RottenTomatoes.com. They list the 100 worst films with detailed comments on each film, and here's the top 10:

10. Half Past Dead
9. The Master of Disguise
8. Twisted
7. National Lampoon's Gold Diggers
6. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2
5. King's Ransom
4. Pinocchio
3. Crossover
2. Alone in the Dark
1. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

Fortunately for me I never saw any of these!

For the full list, head over here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/

They also have many other lists (countdowns) in a variety of categories. Have fun :p
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

:XD I can't believe i watched Ecks vs. Sever and spent hard earned cash to see something that bad. All the action scenes are pointless and just rip-offs from other action movies. :D
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

1. Highlander
2. Neon genesis evangelion end of evangelion
3. Anything with Steven Seagal
4. The last movie Lindsey Lohan made( I cant believe some girl made me watch that)
5. Crossover ( I lost all respect for my favorite and1 player hotsauce
5. You got served

In no particular order
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

the eva movie was good imo, then again it's only good if you're a diehard fan.... there is only one reason to watch lindsay lohan movies, and thats to stear....:jk
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Ok, thanks. Now I can't wait to watch Hitman myself.

Last night I watched Geoffrey Wright's adaptation of Macbeth (2006). An amusing idea really 'transferring' Macbeth into mafia world, and IMO it's a pretty cool movie. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top