Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Flawless is a good movie. I watched it yesterday. Michael Caine is still magnificent as ever, as a charming diamond thief. A bit on the drama, though, but still thrilling.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Three new posters for "The Dark Knight". The first two is painted by famous comics artist Alex Ross. For more Alex Ross, visit the American Comics Thread (link under my sig). :D

And here's another version of the first poster

I knew it! He went over to the Dark KnightSide of the Force!!
 
Last edited:

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Wao. Cool posters. Thanks for sharing, Ichi-senpai. :) Now, the second version of the first poster has got to be a joke...
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You can see the official trailer of The Dark Knight if you go see I Am Legend.

or

Try to find an 'ok' quality of it on youtube.

or

Wait about a week.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I just saw Superbad and The Golden Compass. both 10/10 in my book. the golden compass ended abruptly, but it was very entertaining. superbad was just plain funny lol...
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Golden Compass was okay (saw it yesterday). I found the main character annoying, and I'm not terribly fond of Nicole Kidman. Other than that, it was two thumbs up :nuts Yurick the armored bear was <3
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
lol, the bear was full of win! specially with the voice of Sir. Ian Mckellen!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i want to watch the critically acclaimed movies this year, like no country for old men or charlie wilson's war or atonement........... it'll probably be a long time before they show up here considering the genre
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
lol, the bear was full of win! specially with the voice of Sir. Ian Mckellen!
That was Sir Ian Mckellan??? HAHA. and wasn't Christopher Lee in the movie, at one point? One of the Magisterium's Councilor's, I believe...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@ladyhatake-YAR!!! Gandalf and Saruman are to meet again! :D Lee has an owl for his demon....and as demons show the persons characteristics, does this make him into an ever vigilant peeping tom???

@yonie- or never...you know how retarded the MTRCB can be at times....they never showed dogma...the MTRCB fails!
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Just saw "Reign Over Me" man Adam Sandler is such a good actor,and this wasnt a comedy this was a normal movie and it had lots of passion in it,i enjoyed watching it alot.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Watched "I Am Legend" a few days ago. A so-so movie, I think. It even failed to deliver to the horror for me(there's supposed to be some horror in it, right?). Can't argue the set though, it's amazing, looks like a real empty NYC(I've never been there, though, so I don't know). And there's a hint that there'll be a Superman vs. Batman movie (a huge banner), well, don't know if Warner Bros. only teasing around.
 
Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
i am a movie freak.
i have seen more movies than i can possibly remember. but i try to watch atleast 1 new title everyday. needless to say i dont always manage but sometimes i watch more than one so it kinda evens out. what im trying to say is that i have watched a fuckload of movies in my life. movies are and have always been the greatest thing in my life.
so why am i rambling about that? well, it is to emphasize my next statement.

I just saw one of the best movies i have ever seen.

people use that expression a lot, but i want you to understand that i REALLY mean it.

The Man From Earth
John Oldman is leaving town so his friends and colleagues from school come to ask why.
He starts by saying that he likes to move on but later reveals that he is a 14000 year old caveman. needless to say his scholar friends finds it laughable, but the more John tells them the more uncertain they become.

honestly. this movie was absolutely top notch. not for everyone i will admit that but if you get the point with this movie then youll probably feel just like me.
on of the best.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ichi, that second version of the first Dark Knight poster caught me off guard! :XD

Boff, sounds like a cool premise for a movie to me. I'll have to check it out.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
people use that expression a lot, but i want you to understand that i REALLY mean it.

The Man From Earth
i've read about this film, its independent, but the swarm of pirated filesharing has made it popular, and the producer himself thanked those who did download illegally, cause the film received a wider audience. havent seen it yet tho, im gonna download it soon, great reviews for this film

http://www.rlslog.net/piracy-isnt-that-bad-and-they-know-it/
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
yup thats the one.

filesharing can help!
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I saw National treasure on friday. I think it was pretty good. I really don't know which one I like the best but they were both really good to me.

I think there were more funny scenes in the second one but it is a really good movie.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I saw Enchanted on Sunday, and it was awesome =D A little saccharine for me, but I found it to be pretty good =)
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
ive seen it as well. amusing and funny, not a great movie and not a crappy one either but it was funny
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw Hot Rod on New years day. It was stupid but there were a few funny parts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top