Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravestar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Nice thread, lol. There are a bunch of pretty old movies that I've seen that really suuuuuck... Gymkata (think gymnastics + karate + mullets), Manos: The Hands of Fate (a horror film... horrifyingly bad that is :p), Legion of the Dead (okay, this one's not that old, but watching it is still a waste of life), Jaws: The Revenge (Whyyyy?!).

Probably Catwoman.
Me and some of my friends really enjoy superhero movies. We actually paid money to go see this. T_T
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I keep wanting to really see that, but I hear a lot of mixed reviews. Would you say the comedy factor is big? Because that's what I'm trying to hook one of my friends with.
i thought the comedy in juno was great! i'd say it's a bit on the dry side (which i like) and highly quotable. it's not a chick flick if you're worried about that. all the guys i know that have seen it have loved it as well :)
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Nice thread, lol. There are a bunch of pretty old movies that I've seen that really suuuuuck... Gymkata (think gymnastics + karate + mullets), Manos: The Hands of Fate (a horror film... horrifyingly bad that is :p), Legion of the Dead (okay, this one's not that old, but watching it is still a waste of life), Jaws: The Revenge (Whyyyy?!).


Me and some of my friends really enjoy superhero movies. We actually paid money to go see this. T_T
yes! gymkata!! it's so bad it's awesome. i love watching those terrible b-movies. too funny. if you want a laugh, here's the trailer. i love that there are strategically placed bars and pommel horses for him to use:rofl :rofl
 

Ragna-sama

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Braindead : the movie realy is for braindeads

Troy: as I saw the movie, I predicted what happens next and I was right everytime. I was scared that I am the next Nostradamus^^
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@boff- it's just hard to be amused by anything after watching something so friggin awesome like sweeney todd :D

@LH- it was too shrill for me....gave me the shivers...
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Finally able to watch the latest trailer of the Dark Knight. It looks awesome, and the way I see it, Heath Ledger made a very good Joker. His Joker is real creepy, and completely different from Jack Nicholson's. Can't wait to see the movie...
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Unfortunately, becoming the Joker is the last acting job for Heath Ledger. It's really sad to see a good actor died so young.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah. I just found out this morning. I was shocked to hear the news. It's such a tragic loss.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
heath dying....
well if it turns out that his death was heartfailure then its a sad thing and he will be missed.
but if it turns out it was an overdose.... i have no sympathy for idiots that takes their own life and especially not people who do hard drugs.


but on a happier note, im 1 minute away from clicking play on my newly downloaded
version of cloverfield.... :nuts
i'll be back after watching to give it a rating.


i have now seen it.

it was good! very good. not the best movie ever but totally worth the watch.
id give it a 7.5
 
Last edited:

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
The Boff, how...?
Well, the magic of internet. Is it a HQ already?
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
nah, it was a cam. but since the movie is shot from a handheld cam it didnt really matter.

i have seen the monster that is cloverfield... MWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
With the whole Joker/Heath Ledger thing, I actually really prefer the Joker's design in this movie to the others ones and the cartoon. Damn it, the Joker should not be well painted and well groomed! He should be sadistic and sloppily painted, like he is in this movie!
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I've also watched the Cloverfield trailer. Looks to me like some sort of terrorist attack or war state. Maybe I'll watch it on cinema later.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I've also watched the Cloverfield trailer. Looks to me like some sort of terrorist attack or war state. Maybe I'll watch it on cinema later.
Hate to break it to you, but:

it's not a terrorist attack. It's a mutant baby whale attacking New York. And America made it through pollution.
 

JoJoJO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Cloverfield was all hype there where nothing special about that movie, it was a waste of my time I expected something big from that movie, it was a huge letdown
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hate to break it to you, but:

it's not a terrorist attack. It's a mutant baby whale attacking New York. And America made it through pollution.
:D
Dude... really. I know it's about monster. Almost every movie site I stumble on (and there's one thread on MH too, btw) or every movie magazines I've read reviewed this movie. It's just that it looks that way for me when I saw that trailer.

Anyway, I've watched John Rambo (Rambo 4th) last night. Man, this movie's a real massacre. Great time with top notch violence.
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I just got back from watching Rambo too. It's awesome!! Well, at least i think it is. :D
Just like Az3r said, there was blood everywhere. If the first movie was titled "First Blood" this one should be "Buckets of Blood" :XD
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
good one gin i havent watched it yet but you just convinced me to watch it.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, i didnt have any regrets watching it because i was in the mood of anything with lots of shooting and violence. Besides, the movie tickets are pretty cheap here. :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top