Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Hmm in the previews for Superman, does it look overly computerized to anyone else? ^^;; The flying scenes just don't look realistic to me.
 

Divine

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Errr..... from the looks of the trailers, poster and pics, I don't think it is a great movie and have no intention to watch it, but you all (that had watched the movie) seems to love it. Maybe, MAYBE i'll watch it. Anybody watched the movie and thought it was bad?


Note: Looks like there will be another movie adapted from comics and animations. Its Transformers. It will out in 2007. This one is a live-action one! The trailer is up a few days ago on its official website. Here And its a Michael Bay (Pearl Harbour, Armageddon) film.
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Divine said:
Errr..... from the looks of the trailers, poster and pics, I don't think it is a great movie and have no intention to watch it, but you all (that had watched the movie) seems to love it. Maybe, MAYBE i'll watch it.
Gotta agree with you there. From what I've seen of the trailer, it doesn't look as good as everyone says it is.


Oh, and I saw Hostel yesterday. LoL. Funny movie. I thought it would be a horror movie, silly me.
 

kingsenol

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
164
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Over the Hedge

Over The Hedge (2006)

A mischievous raccoon and his sensitive best-buddy turtle along with
other forest creatures try to resist the evils and temptations of
encroaching suburbia.

Cast overview, first billed only:

Bruce Willis .... RJ (voice)
Garry Shandling .... Verne (voice)
Steve Carell .... Hammy (voice)

For more info visit : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327084/

This movie is very cool overal good humor it doesn't last as long as al the other animation movies but it is packed with good humor and a great cast.
A MUST WATCH

For the ones that don't want to go to the theathers for this,
http://www.mininova.org/get/319186
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Over the Hedge

love the baby hedgehogs.. they're so cute..
 

kingsenol

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
164
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Over the Hedge

I really like the squarrel (the combination of him being dumb and super fast is just to funny). And the humor in this movie is very good. last month I watched Cars and that movie wasn't nearly as funny as this one.
 

Isuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Someone told me Hostel had a lot of women, and then like a small portion at the end was disgusting gore. I'm not into that kinda movie so I don't think I could bring myself to watch it. ^^;;

Just watched Pirates, and it was what I expected. Mildly entertaining, but nothing exceptional. Coulda done with a bit stronger plot (it seemed rushed in parts to me).
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh man, V for Vendetta was a great movie. Very different from the comic, but great nonetheless. The moment it comes out on DVD I'm buying it. I recommend it to all who have not seen it, (I've only met 2 people who did not like the movie.)
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
I still plan to see "V for Vendetta" - a friend of mine said it's good but not too much action.

Did anyone of you see "Over the Hedge"?

It's a kid's movie by Dreamworks but quite funny. I really enjoyed it.
It's not as cool as "Ice Age 2" but it's really nice.
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Isuki said:
Someone told me Hostel had a lot of women, and then like a small portion at the end was disgusting gore. I'm not into that kinda movie so I don't think I could bring myself to watch it. ^^;;
Yeah, pretty much.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hostel is a very dumb movie...softporn and a few horror scenes. Too sad that someone like Tarentino gives his name for something like that =/
 

Sky Shadow

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I saw Over the Hedge a few weeks back and I was really disappointed in it. Ice Age is one of my all time favorite movies, so I expected Over the Hedge to be just as good. Sadly, I didn't find it all that funny. Though it was an okay movie, but nothin can beat Ice Age. xD

Two other movies I saw recently were The Lake House and The Devil Wears Prada. The Lake House was a very sweet movie and I'm glad I saw it. I'm not all into the romantic movies, but The Lake House was really worth it. The Devil Wears Prada was also another great movie and well worth the $6 or $8 to go see it. (for me it was $6...)
 

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Guys- get up if you can and go watch Pirates of the Carribean Dead mans chest. it is- how shoud i put- just like johnny depp. I am really glad my most anticipated movie this year was up to notch.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
"Pirates" disappointed me. Yes, it was a good movie, but I found it sadly lacking in many areas. Not as much funny banter or dialouge b/w the characters, and it seemed very rushed. It wasn't as smooth as the first. It seemed really choppy to me. Still, I did enjoy it.

Anyone else excited to see "Clerks II"?
I love Kevin Smith's movies. Except "Chasing Amy."

I'm a little hesitant to see "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," though, because lately, Will Ferrel has been a bit dissapointing.

<3 :kkbook
 

Sky Shadow

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
LadyHatake said:
"Pirates" disappointed me. Yes, it was a good movie, but I found it sadly lacking in many areas. Not as much funny banter or dialouge b/w the characters, and it seemed very rushed. It wasn't as smooth as the first. It seemed really choppy to me. Still, I did enjoy it.

I'm a little hesitant to see "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," though, because lately, Will Ferrel has been a bit dissapointing.

<3 :kkbook
I totally agree on what you said about Pirates.

The whole Ricky Bobby thing looks really retarded. I'm just going to wait till they show it on Comedy Central to see it.
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
when was the last time will ferrel shows anything good anyway... i don't like his jokes... :blink

and yeaps, as i said in the pirates thread... the first one was much more smoother...agree with both of yous!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Anyone got any ideas about M. Knight Shymalan's (sp?) "Lady in the Water" or "The Descent?"

Lady in the Water might be good, I like some of Shymalan's work (Signs, mostly) but I hated The Village.

The Descent looks a little too horror/gory for me. I'm not into that kind of thing.

Anyone else got predictions??
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
nooooo wayy..shyamalan's work was disappointing.. only his trailers were good..
signs had really2 good teasers and trailer.. i raise up my expectations..
only to get disappointed real bad..
and the plot twist for "the village" were too weak.. one word destroys the whole movie, "exile" that is..
i was looking through imdb to find out what the village was about..
and i read the intro bit...hm..seems interesting..
then i watched it..in the end, i was like... wha? why? why does it have to end like that? any point of this at all? and then i realised we're not supposed to know that they're living in exile.. we were supposed to see them as people from medieval era... then he's gonna surprise us in the end that they were living in a secluded area... what a weak plot twist...
but all of the actors didn't convince me at all that they were medieval people... bad bad movie...

looking at 2 strikes..i'm gonna expect a strike out with this one.. not even gonna watch it.. the plot isn't that interesting at all..
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
karasu said:
then i watched it..in the end, i was like... wha? why? why does it have to end like that? any point of this at all? and then i realised we're not supposed to know that they're living in exile.. we were supposed to see them as people from medieval era... then he's gonna surprise us in the end that they were living in a secluded area... what a weak plot twist...
Yeah, I really didn't like the Village. Your right about the whole weak plot twist thing. Watching the movie, I wasn't expecting it, but when it happened I was like...wait, that's it? that's the best culmination you could come up with?

I'll give Lady in the Water a chance, but if I don't like it then I won't be watching anymore of Shaymalan's work.

sabyr said:

The first link doesn't work. It says "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

I'm excited about Spiderman 3, though. I love those movies. So much fun, wonderful effects and everything. It's slated for a 2007 release, right?

So excited. :)


<3 :kkbook
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top