Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i'm not really sure about wanted, though. it looks really cool and slick, but i'm afraid it may lack substance. but even if the story isn't that strong, the special effects might be cool enough to make the movie entertaining. it's hard to say.
Wanted is based of a comic book, just like Dark Night/Iron Man/Incredible Hulk. Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns are not based on comics but use the characters, hence they suck.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Wanted is based of a comic book, just like Dark Night/Iron Man/Incredible Hulk. Spiderman 3 and Superman Returns are not based on comics but use the characters, hence they suck.
Superman and Spiderman didnt suck. It might not follow the story but I loved all the movies. Im a big Superman fan so anything new about the Man of Steel, I will most likely like it. I cant wait for "Superman Man of Steel" to come out. In Superman Returns they barely had action so Bryan Singer said they are gonna bring 1 most likely 2 big villains to match up against Superman, my guess is its gonna be Metallo and Brainiac. I was hoping they would bring Doomsday but that wont happen.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
sort of watched street kings...

missed the ending...

fell asleep...

in other words, not a very interesting movie..
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Just saw Kung-Fu Panda yesterday and it was a real treat...apart from the irritating kid that sat behind me, it was all good. Seeing Jack Black as a huge panda trying to become a Kung-Fu Master was hilarious! Even the first 5 minutes of the film had me gasping for air (yes, i laughed that hard)! The movie also featured some great action sequences tied with, well...more humor! All-in-all i'd have to say that this movie is a must see for anyone, regardless of age...just make sure there isn't an annoying little shit with an irritating laugh and a penchant for loud sude comments seated right behind you...


Kung-Fu Panda- 10/10
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
sort of watched street kings...

missed the ending...

fell asleep...

in other words, not a very interesting movie..
Street Kings? What movie is that
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
paperboy rates Kungfu panda 10/10. I read this post too late :shakefist My dad was asking if I should go to the mall with him today and I thought if there were new movies out. I totally forgot Kungfu panda. -_-
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
panda is out? yeah, and oi narnia is out too so i have two movies to watch this week
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
hehehe....epic fail BB....

haven't seen any of the narnia movies yet...hmhm...
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
2 days ago I watched a really old movie (2001) for the first time (shame on me):p, "From hell". The one with Johnny Depp. Now that is an amazing movie, I wonder why they don't go back to making movies like that.

Lose the lame computer Graphics and pretty actors who can't act to save their lives (i.e Jumper, amazing concept, bad actors) . Also the directors should stick to the novel/book/whatever's side of the story and not take artistic liberties.


The scenery, the acting ( guys mostly) and effects were simply out of this world. It was a London that was english, and not some Hollywood bastardized version (mostly). They also had some ugly actresses, not super models acting like they were ugly.
The ripper's eyes at the end were chilling and they didn't have much CGI if anything at all.


Rant over.
 
Last edited:

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Kung Fu panda was absolutely awesome and super funny. sweet ass movie recommended for all ages.

"master shifu didnt teach you THAT!?!"
"No i figured it out. Skadush."
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
panda is out? yeah, and oi narnia is out too so i have two movies to watch this week
I forgot too, I went to the movies and saw it playing but i had already planned to see Zohan which was pretty funny. I understood all the arabic too wgich was ptetty funny too. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
what do you get when you mix Apocalypto, Age of Empires, some Stargate SG1 mythology and Clan of the Cave Bear?

the movie 10.000 BC, it was ok. not great not crappy but totally ok. entertaining for 2 hours.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ I thought that movie was going to get awesome reviews but they all said it was ok. But Apacolypto and Stargate we great movies I liked them
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw "The Incredible Hulk",yeah it was better then the last one..i never thought that the premiere in Lithuania would be the same day as in the states.But i loved it,i realy did,"Hulk SMAAASH!!".

No there aint no Iron Man in the movie,only Tony Stark shows up in the end to talk with general ross about the problems with hulk and about forming a team,YES "Avangers"!Thats it!Then you will see Banner and him transforming to Hulk and end of movie!
 

bunshindattebayo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
694
Reaction score
112
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just came back from watching Kung Fu Panda.Man,it was awesome!

"Skadoosh"
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Finally got to watch The Incredible Hulk last night. It was... intense. One of the best superhero movie I've ever seen. Possibly better than Iron Man.


The night before, I watched Sakigake!! Otokojuku (Be a man! Samurai School), which apparently based on an old Shounen Jump manga. I don't know about the original manga, but the movie is hillarious and a bit weird. The fight's good though. Anyone watched this movie as well?
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Ooh... I really need to watch Hulk...
__________________________________________________________________________________

Kungfu Panda is simply awesome, nice humours and fight scene. My only complaint is that the villain becomes weaker <_< He was really good back then on his prison, but the final fight is just a letdown... Well, I suppose he was just exhausted, running non-stop across mountains like that...

9.5/10 (minus one for being too short, 1.5 hours, and the villain lose its coolness in the end)
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
The Incredible Hulk- DEFINATELY BETTER THAN THE STEAMING PILE OF DOG POOP ANG LEE SERVED UP! :D It's better in every single way....thats about all i can say without spoiling too much.

The Incredible Hulk: 8/10
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Uhnn. The Blair Witch Project for certain.

I don't care how true it was made to be, I don't think any movie with improper camera's angles should be allowed to broadcast. What is art in that, I wonder.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
So has anyone seen GetSmart or the Love Guru, Im debating which one to see. GetSmart looks a little better
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top