Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Ichi- Yeah, I found it quite amusing too when I realized that Hugh Laurie was in two separate productions that involved rodents named Stuart! :rofl

McLovin is teh shiznit! :XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
House must be a really big career boost for Laurie. He's a multi-talented actor and had a lot of roles. But ever since House, he became really famous. It's a big leap from starring Flight of the Phoenix to a big series like that. But he's a great actor. I really like him in Blackadder. :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Man, Black Adder was the shit! :rofl Rowan Atkinson + Hugh Laurie= CHAOS! :XD

I'm a huge Hugh Laurie fan aswell, and I really hope that he continues House, while getting bigger, more fitting roles for his level of talent! :3
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, that series is hillarious. My boss got mad at me once, when i worked for the british council library, because i lol-ed while watching Black Adder. :XD

Oh, i was browsing today and found a news about Tom Cruise wanting to do a comic book movie with Sam Raimi, they're gonna do Sleeper, an awesome book by Ed Brubaker and art by Sean Phillips. :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Never heard of it... Hmm.. Another movie with the scientolofreak...

Why not make a WildCATs movie instead? :D Breathe some life into a long forgotten and ill appreciated comic!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hey, hey, no bashing of any kind, please. Everyone is free to choose what they want to believe.

I think this could be a great start for more movies for the WildStorm universe. But a WildCATs movie would be awesome. They're gonna have to find a kickass actor to be Grifter, though. :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm not bashing, I'm just expressing my loathing for Tom Cruise.

I've already got an idea for a good Grifter. Either James McAvoy or David Wenham. The great thing about Grifter is that his face is always concealed, and all these guys have to dois dye their hair! :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I tend to go with Wenham since James McAvoy already did a comic book movie. :D
As for Zealot, take a pick from any Hot 100 list. :XD
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Angelina Jolie floats my boat any day! :rofl

Ryan Reynolds would make another good Grifter. His funny facial expressions won't be seen due to Grifter's mask, and His voice and humor would go great with Grifters personality. He's also worked with lots of stunt equipment in moveis like Blade Trinity. Though it would be overkill to see him portray another hero role after he plays Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine...
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Maybe Owen Wilson could be Grifter, he's a bit short but he's okay. :D
Some people got all the luck being in two comic book movies. But both roles are almost the same, merc with a mouth and vampire slayer with a mouth. :XD
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ryan Reynolds IMO. His voice is funny, but gritty enough to be the mercenary with the HOOOGE mouth :XD Wow... from vampire slayer to super hero to mercenary, all with a big mouth :rofl
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Let's hope they're not gonna be making a sequel to the Mask. That would be horrible. :D
Anyway, it seems that we're the only one talking here. :D
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw

Juno aah,I dont know,interesting movie yeah,but to bad it aint my type of movie,there were some fun moments,well the intro was realy anoying,I cant believe it was almost 3-4minutes long,the soundtracks were absolutely boring.Well movie is not my type 6/10,but I know its worth about 7.5 clearly.

Good luck Chuck I dont know why,but I like movies like that,I liked "What Happens In Vegas" to,I like these movies,well this movie was realy funny,I like the humor in those kinda films.Maybe there were some glitches,some bad actin moments,but I liked it,realy funny movie.Maybe Ill give it a 7/10,it doesnt deserve it maybe,but I think my opinion,from a guy like me its a 7.


Gonna see Invisible next,I wanna see how Justin Chatwin acts.And the movie poster is preety good.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@the guys talking about wildcats
was that the one with the immortal cyborg? i think i still have a few of those from when i was a kid.

@hk
how can you not like B&S?
 
Last edited:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well... It really depends on what comic you're following, the Wildstorm universe is quite big :D
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
anyone interested in traitor? the plot looks incredibly generic, but guy pearce as an american cop equals instant win in my book. plus, jeff daniels and don cheadle are in it.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
@hk
how can you not like B&S?

?

anyone interested in traitor? the plot looks incredibly generic, but guy pearce as an american cop equals instant win in my book. plus, jeff daniels and don cheadle are in it.



Yeah Ive seen it and the name itself makes me wanna only see it.
 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
@adamant
yeah, it is awesome that common has gotten into acting. i really hope the rumors about him being the green lantern are true. he would be perfect for that role.
I didn't even heard about that Rumor... thanks Kaliayev. He'll definitly fit for the role if that Rumor came true. Making Movies was the best thing he could've done. I like him better as an Actor than a Singer anyway<--- to say the truth I Wasn't even listening to his music lol... but bottom line is that he's got a bright future as an Actor in front of him.

I Don't know if you've seen the Movie " Smoking Aces " <---Wich is Epic By the way. He plays in it too. His performance there was good too.
 
Last edited:

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Just saw Hellboy 2:The Golder Army that was one hell of a movie,I so enjoyed it,the fight scenes were beutiful,that prince was great,realy great and acted beutifuly to.Now I know that he will do a good job as Steve Fox in Tekken.Then the one know as Hellboy I so enjoy watching him,very funny,loved the scene when he got drunk with Abraham.Then Jimmy Kimmel said "Check this guy with a toilet seat.." :D Love the movie,It was so much better then the first,that it doesnt have anything against it,just loved it.So gonna check it out when it comes out on DVD,fuuuu,nah realy the first one was good,but the second one just blew me away,I stayed as quite as I possibly could in this movie,I never do that,I always comment the movie,but thsi time I didnt.9/10,would be funny if I rated it at 8 when I rated the first part at 8 :) If you didnt see it,go see it!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Star Wars: Clone Wars- :yelling I want my money back Lucas!!! 3/10

Death Race- Pretty entertaining, but all-in-all it could have been better. The movie felt like it was being rushed, and the character development was crap. Being a fan of Twisted Metal though, I found the movie bearable...6.5/10

@HK- Coolies! I can't wait till it gets here to the Philippines! :XD
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top