TV - The Musketeers | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV The Musketeers

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Plot
In 1630 Paris, D'Artagnan, Athos, Aramis and Porthos are a group of highly trained musketeers commanded by Captain Treville who fight to protect the King and Country.
I’m beginning to watch the series and I’m actually enjoying it so I was wondering if anyone else was a fan of the series here on MH and if anyone else was watching it.

Here’s a thread to talk about The Musketeers and have fun discussing this series.:)

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I tried and it was too weird for me. I live just 300km away from Paris, French is my native language and it's just not working for me to see "musketeers" in english from an english point of view.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe the reason why I’m enjoying the series is because I have never read the novel and the only adaptions of the novel I have watched are: Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers and The Man in the Iron Mask, and both are not faithful adaptations of the novel, they only use a few elements of the novel.

So in short, while I have had some notion about The Musketeers, all the things that the BBC series is showing are pretty much new to me so maybe that is the reason why I’m having fun watching it.

But now I’m curios…is there a French adaption of the novel? A TV series or a movie?