Discussion The name Haise: a german alliteration?

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
So I started learning german today and I came across an interesting fact. There is a verb, the " heißen" which when used for first person, like " eg. I play", it's written as "heiße" and it's pronounced very if not completely similar to Haise! Now, the interesting thing about this verb is that it means, "I am called". So, I was thinking how Ishida uses german references now and then and thus that this german alliteration is not out of question or necessarily coincidential.

And here comes the interesting part: could it be that Haise's name is a hint of whose personality going to remain at his body? I mean his name means per se "I am called...", it's not an actual name but rather this very verb would be used to actually say a name. I also find it clever how this possible origin of his name alludes nicely to his amnesia because he says that he has a name but at the same time this supposed name is an oxymoron because at the same time he has and he also hasn't a name.
 
Last edited:

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Lia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 31, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
66
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

Lia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 31, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
66
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lia
Top