Question - The new world for Edited Manga | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question The new world for Edited Manga

mab

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi all

nowadays we notice alot alot of Manga Editors out there from freelancers to groups that is cool but there is always something that bother me what is that ok here it is

how many scans do u see for naruto alone everyweek well around 10 right and most of them have differet quailty some are good quailty in cleaning area and some the other way around in the typeseting. so u and me wish to have always good quality or more to say less repatative work like only 2-3 scans of naruto a week because of the idea i will mention later on.

of course this idea i hope you guys agree with me it will help increase the scans out there for different mangas since there is alot alot of good manga out there but no one doing it because they do mangas which already alot of groups doing why because he love it and want to help doing it but the group who done it well not let him doing it since he is not a part of the group what the soluation ok here it is

we open a thread for any manga and let anyone who wanna help help and that will let alot of ppl to forget doing the manga alone and come help since it is easier for them.

how that works u say well here is an example:

FMA new chapter just appear so someone open a thread with the raw and say if u wanna help in cleaning or typeseting.

so some guys comes and said ok i will do 1-5 typeset and other say somehting similer but this time cleaning like this until all pages are taken.

of course if ppl agree to this idea we can say something like ok this guy is a good cleaner so let him be the cleaner and other good at typeseting and so on.

any ideas if this is bad or good please share it with me and yea i am bad at english so if u dont understand just say so and i will try to explain better but i will open a thread soon about this idea and let anyone who wanna help helps and of course there will be some ppl who mange this to let the quality good like for typeseting sumbit PSD files to let the guy or ppl in charge fix any problem but no worries ur help will sure be credited at the end .

ok now time for Discussion

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We had exactly a thread like that in the 666 Satan section. It worked great but that was before we had the recruiting area here at MH. Also members used to talk more active in the RTS threads about the Edited Manga progress - which means you CAN use the RTS as base for this and don't need to create a new thread.
I'm not active in the RTS section anymore but I remember that members used to write "ok, I'll clean the RAW now - who wants to typeset later?" then the clean RAW was uploaded in the RTS often parallel to the first translation and the typesetters could start work. If that's not the case anymore, you may want to start it again.

But before you start to plan on this, consider the reasons why people prefer to scanlate a particular series.

Naruto is an entrance to the manga world. Similar to Dragonball a few years back, this is a beginners manga thanks to it's popularity in the western world. So, many people start Editing with this manga because they haven't read much others and apparently don't want to. Most of the speedscanners are - cliche - teenage boys who focus on the Weekly Jump series and have no or little interest to explore alternative and lesser known manga and they won't change their favorite series even when you start waving with candy.

Another reason why Naruto has so many speedscans is it's simplicity. The artwork is very clean and the dialogues are easy to translate. Many tutorials focus on it. It's a easy to scanlate manga for beginners and you have lots of other scans to compare and learn from. But on the other hand, very few people stay with Naruto on the long run. Although it has many scans for each chapter, the (single) Manga Editors constantly change. Either they get bored of Editing or they switch to other series sooner or later. Same goes for most of our "mainstream" series.

So in the end, you won't get people away from Naruto&Co because they usually don't want to (which is the majority of - temporary - speedscanlators) and the rest will find their own way to other manga when they widen their view on manga a little. The best way to encourage people in Editing other manga is therefor simply to show them the variety of the manga world.

Last edited: