- Joined
- Jul 7, 2005
- Messages
- 359
- Reaction score
- 112
- Age
- 45
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Maybe I should start posting here... Hmm...
Sakura [Part of her is sorry to see old Naruto gone, but feels impressed as she observes Naruto, feeling that he has surely matured]
===>
Naruto [Reveals he's developed a new erotic ninjutsu]
===>
Sakura [Feels betrayed and gets mad at Naruto for ruining her sentimental moment]
The line that you seem to be concentrating on is キラキラ乙女心; literally, "shining girl's heart" I suppose. The word that ends up being "girl's heart", probably has a dictionary definition along the lines of "the sensitive and emotional heart of a girl". The whole sentence there... Hmm... maybe "What the hell do you expect me to do with the sentiment I just felt for you!!" So I suppose I ally closest with NJT. Although maybe getting just a little less literal would produce a more natural translation... Something like "You sure did a hell of a job ruining a perfectly good sentimental moment!!"... Meh... That gets more into style and opinion.
Anyhow, it's just a reference to the feelings she experienced on two pages earlier as she internally romanticized Naruto's development and return in her mind (and just to make things clear, this "romanticize" I'm using does not have anything directly to do with "love"... More like, what should I say, an "emotional idealization").
Hope that helps some...
Here's the flow I see...Mizura said:Which one is it exactly? :S It's really confusing when three major translators imply three different things.
Sakura [Part of her is sorry to see old Naruto gone, but feels impressed as she observes Naruto, feeling that he has surely matured]
===>
Naruto [Reveals he's developed a new erotic ninjutsu]
===>
Sakura [Feels betrayed and gets mad at Naruto for ruining her sentimental moment]
The line that you seem to be concentrating on is キラキラ乙女心; literally, "shining girl's heart" I suppose. The word that ends up being "girl's heart", probably has a dictionary definition along the lines of "the sensitive and emotional heart of a girl". The whole sentence there... Hmm... maybe "What the hell do you expect me to do with the sentiment I just felt for you!!" So I suppose I ally closest with NJT. Although maybe getting just a little less literal would produce a more natural translation... Something like "You sure did a hell of a job ruining a perfectly good sentimental moment!!"... Meh... That gets more into style and opinion.
Anyhow, it's just a reference to the feelings she experienced on two pages earlier as she internally romanticized Naruto's development and return in her mind (and just to make things clear, this "romanticize" I'm using does not have anything directly to do with "love"... More like, what should I say, an "emotional idealization").
Hope that helps some...


.