Discussion The official Haki thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hi guys! There's been a lot of talk about different appliances of Haki lately, and I just thought it would be better to sum it all up in a general "Haki thread" Here we can talk about everything concerning Haki, some examples:
  • Arnament haki.
  • Conquerors haki.
  • Observation haki.
  • Roger and Luffy's ability to hear "the voice of all things" (If this is indeed related to haki.
  • Different characters haki strength.
  • Theories of new ways to apply haki in the future.
  • Matchups.
  • How haki makes it easier to battle certain devilfruits.
  • how to train and perfect your haki skills
  • Etc

I hope you guys like the idea of a thread such as this one!
Enjoy!

:ace
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess thats kind of a bad Idea. Because People often have certain questions, and they may have problems to ask for them in an ongiong Discussion about something different. :(
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
[*]Roger and Luffy's ability to hear "the voice of all things" (If this is indeed related to haki.
Probably related to Conqueror's haki and could indicate the power both had. Didn't Mihawk say that Conqueror's haki plays a part in Luffy being able to make friends and attract supporters?

If Whitebeard also had this trait, then it'd be interesting. Especially more so if Shanks and Dragon have it, or it's only shown to be exclusive to no more than three or four characters in decades.


Haki makes it easier to battle certain devil fruits because Color of Armament allows one to hit the user as if the body was normal. It can also provide great defense... though I'm not sure if I should use Luffy and Chinjao's iron head as an example. Plus, Observation haki can or could get around Absalom's camouflage ability and possibly detect diggers like Ms. Wednesday or whatever the mole lady's name was.
 

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I guess thats kind of a bad Idea. Because People often have certain questions, and they may have problems to ask for them in an ongiong Discussion about something different. :(
Well you can pretty much ask/discuss/question anything in this thread as long as it involves something about Haki :) Please feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted the point that you were trying to make!

Probably related to Conqueror's haki and could indicate the power both had. Didn't Mihawk say that Conqueror's haki plays a part in Luffy being able to make friends and attract supporters?

If Whitebeard also had this trait, then it'd be interesting. Especially more so if Shanks and Dragon have it, or it's only shown to be exclusive to no more than three or four characters in decades.


Haki makes it easier to battle certain devil fruits because Color of Armament allows one to hit the user as if the body was normal. It can also provide great defense... though I'm not sure if I should use Luffy and Chinjao's iron head as an example. Plus, Observation haki can or could get around Absalom's camouflage ability and possibly detect diggers like Ms. Wednesday or whatever the mole lady's name was.
I'm not sure if Mihawk said that, but that could definitely be the case, since Luffy emits such a strong aura of iron will and dedication, that simply makes people believe in him. Personally I think the voice of all things has something to do with the Haki of the D. Like Luffy and Roger, though I can't put my finger on it just yet.

I dont know if you could say that it allows the attacker to hit the Logia as if the person in question's body was normal. From what I've seen you may be able to wound the Logia user by attacking them, but they still remain in their "elemental form" so to speak.

And I fully agree with the Absalom/Mole lady case, even if a person is invisible or out of sight, a strong enough Observation haki should be able to feel their movements/presence and take advantage of that.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Oh, could also be the Will of D. as well as their very nature/personality. Both are extremely loyal people who will fight for others and protect them.

Well, the Color of Armament doesn't turn the logia body back to normal but it does allow the attacker to cause damage. That's better than nothing... and I think it protects against most attacks... though I dunno about attacks like fire and magma. Probably not ice though.
 

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh, could also be the Will of D. as well as their very nature/personality. Both are extremely loyal people who will fight for others and protect them.

Well, the Color of Armament doesn't turn the logia body back to normal but it does allow the attacker to cause damage. That's better than nothing... and I think it protects against most attacks... though I dunno about attacks like fire and magma. Probably not ice though.
Yeah, If you have a strong enough Busoshoku Haki it should in theory be able to protect you from getting burned by magma/fire, but as you pointed out, I'm not sure if it protects you from freezing effects, guess we'll have to wait and see for ourselves!
 

Anduren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
575
Reaction score
376
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Plus, Observation haki can or could get around Absalom's camouflage ability and possibly detect diggers like Ms. Wednesday or whatever the mole lady's name was.
Not to nitpick or anything but I think her name was Miss Merry Christmas. :^_^

About hearing the "voice of all things," I think its unlikely (though not impossible) that it has to do with Haki. If it was, Rayleigh wouldn't have talked about this ability here as something only Roger could do since he (Rayleigh) is also proficient in all three kinds of Haki. Rather, I think it's more the same as what happens again here when its shown how Roger was able to hear the voice of the Sea Kings but Rayleigh wasn't. I think further in the New World the strawhats will meet someone who will explain what this ability is in detail. At least, when Rayleigh talked about it, it sounded like knowledge about the ability wasn't all that rare even if the actual ability may be.

Being able to win hearts and make allies seems more in line with a side effect of Conqueror's Haki though, as Mihawk implied about Luffy since mostly famous/influential people have it. By definition, if a person is famous or influential that means they're able to have people submit to them in some way (willingly or unwillingly).
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

darth volcaniz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
25
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
Probably related to Conqueror's haki and could indicate the power both had. Didn't Mihawk say that Conqueror's haki plays a part in Luffy being able to make friends and attract supporters?

If Whitebeard also had this trait, then it'd be interesting. Especially more so if Shanks and Dragon have it, or it's only shown to be exclusive to no more than three or four characters in decades.


Haki makes it easier to battle certain devil fruits because Color of Armament allows one to hit the user as if the body was normal. It can also provide great defense... though I'm not sure if I should use Luffy and Chinjao's iron head as an example. Plus, Observation haki can or could get around Absalom's camouflage ability and possibly detect diggers like Ms. Wednesday or whatever the mole lady's name was.
mihawk stated "It's not some sort of special power, but he has the ability to make allies of everyone he meets. And that is the most fearsome ability on the high seas... "
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Moderator Notice:
There are several threads for specific types of Haki in the "Tree of Knowledge" section, so this thread is unnecessary~ MiyamotoMusashi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top