The Origin of Dragon

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
2)How old do u think Dragon is?
Your "hero" of the marine,Monkey D. Garp,cornered Roger many times until 22 years ago likely....
If said Garp was around 60 at the time,Dragon would have been around 40.....but now having 60 and not even a white hair.....mah......admiral at his 30......meh....at his 20.....meh meh meh.......

Anyway,the "strenght to be admiral" doesn't mean u'll become one........SMOKER cough cough cough.........
What does age have to do with anything?

And your numbers are wrong. If Dragon was an admiral he was one 10-15 years ago, that would be some time after Luffy was born.
Why couldn't he have been an admiral in his twenties? Meh? That all you got?

Also, it seems that Smoker has at least met Dragon at some point in his life.
This is no way to talk to someone you have never met before.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
im sure dragons knows about the will of d and something that the WG doesnt want to get out. i willing to bet anything its info on the ancient kingdom and the void century
 

Yans86

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
942
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
How do u know that an admiral would wipe the floor with Hancock???which admiral are we talking about???Did Smoker loose in an all out battle against her???What admiral r u talking about???the actual aren't the past.......at the time Ohara was wiped out,Akainu and Aokiji were just VA and SenGoku admiral......to begin with....
and well,Garp is the "hero" of the marine because he cornered Roger many times,no one ever said that he was the "one" to capture him.....even if Roger gave his son to him......U know it,I knwo it,we all know it!!!and likely had a lot alongside SenGoku,with WB too......

And well,mentioning WB....between the guys he mentioned being from the Old Times,knowing the seas and still alive,Dragon wasn't mentioned....If Dragon was an admiral back then he would probably have fought them...

Dragon becoming admiral and leaving Luffy behind???meh.....and well,this doesn't add up with Ivankov timelie and Kuma......
and well,age means a lot cause is not like u join marines and having power means that u go up the ladder to admiral position in few years or for few/some big achievements.

Anyway,u can throw what u want,but saying that Dragon was an admiral is just.........meh.......

Saying he was a marine would be a total different matter,an higher up??don't know.....but still it would be mentioned somewhere.....Dragon "the traitor" ecc..ecc....since it isn't ,keep on talking on this topic is worthless IMO.
Anyway if u expect Oda to do something so "lame".....it's not my problem.....

dragon is such a big mistery,that probably holds bigger keys to the story that him just being an ex admiral doesn' fit at all......
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
About Dragon: I believe (of course without any basics) he was a former member of the Roger pirates. Rayleigh stated that they found out the true world history after conquering the GL. With Roger disbanding his crew, Dragon might have created his organisation to overthrow the WG. His motivation for that could be the history what he found out. Of course he didn't started immediately. Since that wouldn't fit time-wise with the WG meeting (flashback). But I think he must have started his revolutionary movement some time after Luffy's birth.
 
Last edited:

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
About Dragon: I believe (of course without any basics) he was a former member of the Roger pirates. Rayleigh stated that they found out the true world history after conquering the GL. With Roger disbanding his crew, Dragon might have created his organisation to overthrow the WG. His motivation for that could be the history what he found out. Of course he didn't started immediately. Since that wouldn't fit time-wise with the WG meeting (flashback). But I think he must have started his revolutionary movement some time after Luffy's birth.
That would also explain the little different in age of Ace and Luffy. After Roger was killed, Dragon was at Logue Town as Buggy and Shanks were. Then, he travelled in East Blue as he was there and met a woman in Fushia Town and had a kid with her. As he was a pirate, he could not stay there and left her.
Indeed, who would expect Dragon to have lived for a long time in East Blue as a normal human being and then decided to have a family one day and another one to leave it : that seems unrealistic knowing that Luffy is said to be the most wanted man that comes from Fushia Town and East Blue, that Dragon still consider East Blue his home town (flashback with Ivankov). That would also mean that one day in Fushia Town something changed his life and made him leave his family before his kid was born : it seems very unlikely.
After that, he created the revolution side : indeed Dragon was just a new known revolutionary at the meeting of the 20 kings (when Vivi was a child, and so Luffy was). That's why Luffy really never knew his dad because otherwise, he could have known him between the time he was born and the time when Dragon began to be known. All that fits well.
But that would mean Dragon was as Shanks and Buggy a trainee on Gold Roger'ship.
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think BlackHair has a great theory! To me Dragon looks younger then Rayliegh & Crocus, he might've been one of the youngest members of Roger's main crew. I'm sure he would've known about the whole truth in regards to the void century and the WG's history if he was part of Roger's crew. Maybe, that also played a part in Dragon deciding to form the RV's...so much stuff Oda has yet to reveal to us...
 

mr.danly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
738
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
United States
actually Dragon is probably around the same age as Shanks and buggy. To me, Dragon looks like a man in his late 30's or early 40's. Shanks and buggy were both teenagers on the Pirate King's ship, 26 years ago, so they would both also be in their 40's.
 

Finale

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
527
Reaction score
100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How do u know that an admiral would wipe the floor with Hancock???which admiral are we talking about???Did Smoker loose in an all out battle against her???What admiral r u talking about???the actual aren't the past.......at the time Ohara was wiped out,Akainu and Aokiji were just VA and SenGoku admiral......to begin with....
and well,Garp is the "hero" of the marine because he cornered Roger many times,no one ever said that he was the "one" to capture him.....even if Roger gave his son to him......U know it,I knwo it,we all know it!!!and likely had a lot alongside SenGoku,with WB too......

And well,mentioning WB....between the guys he mentioned being from the Old Times,knowing the seas and still alive,Dragon wasn't mentioned....If Dragon was an admiral back then he would probably have fought them...

Dragon becoming admiral and leaving Luffy behind???meh.....and well,this doesn't add up with Ivankov timelie and Kuma......
and well,age means a lot cause is not like u join marines and having power means that u go up the ladder to admiral position in few years or for few/some big achievements.

Anyway,u can throw what u want,but saying that Dragon was an admiral is just.........meh.......

Saying he was a marine would be a total different matter,an higher up??don't know.....but still it would be mentioned somewhere.....Dragon "the traitor" ecc..ecc....since it isn't ,keep on talking on this topic is worthless IMO.
Anyway if u expect Oda to do something so "lame".....it's not my problem.....

dragon is such a big mistery,that probably holds bigger keys to the story that him just being an ex admiral doesn' fit at all......
I never said that Dragon was an admiral during the time of Roger. This discussion isnt just about my own theory about his origins, it's about whatever anyone thinks his origins might be. Heck someone can come here and say that Dragon screwed the daughter of a Goreseai and formed the Revolutionaries because he didnt like her daddy for all i care.I see that you posted earlier in the discussion so when did talking about Dragon's origin become pointless? Until Oda comes out and tells us where he got his Revolutionary roots from it isnt. As you said Dragon is a big mystery and thats what we are here to explore. Thats what people love about One Piece almost nothing is too farfetched to happen in it.
 

Dung D Manh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Togo
LordR-BkHar: I like the thought but you guys are just making up your own fantasy right? Because that make no sence to me, no offense. It mock Oda genius story and even if it had a 1% chance of being right, it would be the most uninteresting thing about the whole story. Dnt be mad about this but come on? Would you honestly want that to be the case? OP is far more greater, and interesting then that to me! I'm trying not to write a long para like yans to back up anything, (feeling too lazy 4 that) and I dnt think I need to tell ya'll much why if you know all knowledgeable info about OP, and think deeply about all that you know.


And not to get off topic so I dnt think Dragon use to be a Pirate or else like yans mention it would have been said about it, given the many chances where it could have been said. Ex, WB talking with shanks, Ray could've mention him and etc, cause if he was he should have surely be well know even if not strong enough *doubted its the case* but for having a dad like Garp unless WG didn't know then. *again doubted* (Think hard if you have to about it.) Just thinking logistically there just doesn't seem to be reason to think Dragon had a Piracy background. Not thinking logically we can think he use to be an Adm/Pirate or heck even Sen Rival as kids? Yeah I consider things before speaking it and I'm open minded to things. Its not impossible but its not possible. Ahahahah *Confusing myself with that* If offended by anything said here just ignore it please. For what its worth I'm trying to predict what could Dragon story be but knowing Oda I can't get a 1 prediction and stick to it. Its one of the reason why OP is so interesting by being unpredictable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
nothing about luffy's mother has been mentioned so far in the manga. luffy doesnt look anything like dragon, so he must look like his mother. i think part of the reason dragon decided to do what he is doing is because of luffy's mother.

maybe she was killed and the WG had something to do with it. Whatever happened to dragon it had to be pretty rough for him to leave luffy behind.

i think shanks and dragon have came in contact with each other and thus is the reason shanks took to luffy the way he did. maybe shanks is dragon's brother in law. he looks a lot like luffy
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I think that Luffy's mother was never mentioned, and we don't know if she is alive or dead.

Is Dandan a male name?
 

Asmael

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My theory so far is the following:

Dragon was a member of some pirate crew (maybe even Gol D. Rogers, althrough the very lax attitude by King Cobra and the other royals 10 years ago does contradict that), maybe a navigator due to his passion for wind. Than he somehow found out about the true history (which is why I think he was in Rogers Crew) and sweared to destroy a governement, which is mainly based on lies. I might also be possible, that he was in some different Pirate Crew and e.g. the Buster Call or something else inspired him to stand up against the WG and he found out about the true history later. But I think that hes in the known of what really happened back them, which is why hes one of the most feared and searched men at the moment.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
LordR-BkHar: I like the thought but you guys are just making up your own fantasy right?
Of course we are. I even mentioned it in the very first sentence of my post. So what's wrong with that? Isn't the purpose of this thread to come up with some ideas? I mean we have no real background information on Dragon. He is one of the most mysterious character in the entire story. It's only natural for fans to come up with some ideas.

Anyway, I just tried to come up with a idea for Dragon's motives for being a revolutionist. Knowing the true story could be a good reason. Since it was mentioned that the Roger pirates found out the true history, I tried to combine that with Dragon's possible motive. But in the end, like u already said Im probably off.
 

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
2,281
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@ BlackHair- fantasy or not, I like it, and would make some senses if Oda doesn't come up with other possible reasons. :thumbs
 

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
It hasn't been brought up that Dragon was raised by Garp, but wasn't a high ranking Marine?? I think Dragon knows the secrets of the Void Century for sure, and perhaps more than that too. It could be that Garp just told him, and then he split... and along his journey he has amassed the power, skill, and allies to form the Revolutionaries. And as far as what's his literal origin, probably wherever Garp was based...

I really like that we can all share ideas here, even if we don't agree. @ Dung: My momma says "When you have nothing constructive to say... Say nothing."
 

Dung D Manh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Togo
Of course we are. I even mentioned it in the very first sentence of my post. So what's wrong with that? Isn't the purpose of this thread to come up with some ideas? I mean we have no real background information on Dragon. He is one of the most mysterious character in the entire story. It's only natural for fans to come up with some ideas.

Anyway, I just tried to come up with a idea for Dragon's motives for being a revolutionist. Knowing the true story could be a good reason. Since it was mentioned that the Roger pirates found out the true history, I tried to combine that with Dragon's possible motive. But in the end, like u already said Im probably off.
Sorry brohan, I understand and I was being to sensitive, this is what I really wanted to comment about it, simply it was very uninteresting! Most mysterious character? Yeah, he's mysterious but theres also the 5 elders, haki, raftel and etc mystery. All which I consider before saying something about anything else. Yes this is a threads for predicting Dragon background but does it mean it shouldn't be about prediction that has facts, make sense and has more believing detail to consider in the consumption? Your probably not off probably to Oda/others, but just to me, You're exactly Off. hahaha


@Pony My momma always says......nvm yo, I agree with you momma. hahaha
 
Last edited:

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sorry brohan, I understand and I was being to sensitive, this is what I really wanted to comment about it, simply it was very uninteresting! Most mysterious character? Yeah, he's mysterious but theres also the 5 elders, haki, raftel and etc mystery. All which I consider before saying something about anything else. Yes this is a threads for predicting Dragon background but does it mean it shouldn't be about prediction that has facts, make sense and has more believing detail to consider in the consumption? Your probably not off probably to Oda/others, but just to me, You're exactly Off. hahaha


@Pony My momma always says......nvm yo, I agree with you momma. hahaha

Umm Thanks, if you see my post there is a plausible and possibly accurate prediction. I was hoping we could have a discussion including you as well. Seems you prefer negativity.

I really think Dragon had no ties to anyone..
 

Dung D Manh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Togo
It hasn't been brought up that Dragon was raised by Garp, but wasn't a high ranking Marine?? I think Dragon knows the secrets of the Void Century for sure, and perhaps more than that too. It could be that Garp just told him, and then he split... and along his journey he has amassed the power, skill, and allies to form the Revolutionaries. And as far as what's his literal origin, probably wherever Garp was based...

I really like that we can all share ideas here, even if we don't agree. @ Dung: My momma says "When you have nothing constructive to say... Say nothing."
Im more positive then negative yo, its just my words doesn't seem nice. Hahahah I agree Dragon definitely know all info about the VC or just something about it, that can be said with facts. I'm not against ideas, but like you said we can't all agree with one.


I blame BL for making it seem like I'm harsh, I didnt say I didnt like the idea, I just said it would be uninteresting and not much reasonable. (but apparently its just me?)
 
Last edited:

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Honestly I rly believe his wife (Luffy's mother) was killed by the WG. Doesn't rly have to be killed directly by them, but she died because of them. Hence his motives for going against the WG. Simpl revenge. However I don't want that to happen, I rly hope Im wrong with that. Even though in my eyes it is the most easiest idea to happen.

@Dung D Manh: You disagree with everything and u are not able to come up with something. Why do even bother posting in this thread?
 

LDSaint

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
77
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
wow i never thought of dragon being an ex marine before. but that can be very likely because to me dragon has to have a reason to go against the WG. so for me that means he has to no about the Void centery y else would he want to destroy the WG. cause they killed his wife hmm maybe but destroying the whole government that is control of the world is a bit far for revenge? well IMO it is. so thats y i think he nos about the Void centery it was obviously something horiffic that happened in the past.
 
Top