Games - The Pokémon Thread | Page 47 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Pokémon Thread

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wait, so with the full pokedex leaking, are there more that are exclusive to each version aside from Jangmo-o, Deino, and Sirfetch'd for Sword and Larvitar, Goomy, and Galarian Ponyta for Shield?
Yes there are.
Like the evolution of that apple pie. One for sword, one for shield.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yes there are.
Like the evolution of that apple pie. One for sword, one for shield.
Is there a list anywhere? I tried finding one but it was only the old info.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is there a list anywhere? I tried finding one but it was only the old info.
No official one apparently.

More news:
Starters and Legendaries are shiny locked.
Quite many moves like Pursuit were thrown out.
Pokémon which are above your gym badge level can't be caught.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with how the games are looking, even outside of the National Dex stuff.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't own a Switch, but I always thought a good Pokemon game would be worth the buy of a Switch Lite. This isn't the game I've been waiting for. All these leaks and news make this game look like a dumpster fire that's at best worth a 3/10 rating.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I took two days off work in mind that the new games will come out. Now actually thinking to vote with the wallet and don't get them. Probably will get them eventually but not st launch. Very disappointing

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Seems like a lot of people are unhappy with how the games are looking, even outside of the National Dex stuff.
I‘ve seen a lot of people downplaying the issues and calling everyone who call the problems out to be whiners. What‘s your thoughts on that list of problems? The pokemon cut isn‘t that dealbreaking for me personally, though it‘s impressive how they should have lots of resources available to devote to a huge franchise as Pokemon but they were unable/incapable to do so.

The actual more disappointing thing for me is how it‘s not looking like a next gen Pokemon at all. Expectations were high, which imo isn‘t that unreasonable given how huge Pokemon is, but the final product seems to have undershot even the more modest expectations.

I took two days off work in mind that the new games will come out. Now actually thinking to vote with the wallet and don't get them. Probably will get them eventually but not st launch. Very disappointing
Will also not get it at launch but maybe a couple months later. Thing is, it just having the Pokemon name will ensure it will sell millions anyway regardless of how many try the wallet voting strategy. They may make less money from it than they predicted/wanted though, unsure how that affects the future.

Maybe some post-launch updates fix some bugs and issues and that makes it more playable later on.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I‘ve seen a lot of people downplaying the issues and calling everyone who call the problems out to be whiners. What‘s your thoughts on that list of problems? The pokemon cut isn‘t that dealbreaking for me personally, though it‘s impressive how they should have lots of resources available to devote to a huge franchise as Pokemon but they were unable/incapable to do so.

The actual more disappointing thing for me is how it‘s not looking like a next gen Pokemon at all. Expectations were high, which imo isn‘t that unreasonable given how huge Pokemon is, but the final product seems to have undershot even the more modest expectations.
I pretty much hadn't played pokemon from Gen 2 until LGPE came out. Some of the changed mechanics are not something I experienced mostly. That being said, I'm sort of leaning in the direction of waiting or possibly waiting for the revision versions. That shit isn't something I had to put up with either. Cutting pokemon wasn't something that was a dealbreaker for me, but a lot of the other stuff looks very half-assed. Maybe it won't be as bad on release or it'll be updated.

As far as the backlash against people being critical, I think they're either fanboys/shills or are generally riding the "anti-Gamer" train. Just today a bunch of game "news" sites picked up the story of someone starting a petition to get Trump to stop the release of Sword and Shield. Meanwhile the thing didn't even have 50 signatures. Yet it's a running story on multiple major gaming websites as if it matters at all. This story is clearly more important than the many valid criticisms that have been brought up, amirite? The lengths some "journalists" go to defend their corporate masters is pretty amusing sometimes.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Ugh, I'm such a phoney, was bored yesterday so much that I set my mind on buying it right away. :neutral

Got Sword, so send me ur vegana Shield digits for friends trade or what they call it now

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ugh, I'm such a phoney, was bored yesterday so much that I set my mind on buying it right away. :neutral

Got Sword, so send me ur vegana Shield digits for friends trade or what they call it now
I can't believe you caved...

I will not give in to peer pressure

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I tried to connect for the mystery trade and it wanted me to have a nintendo online subscription. It looks like trading is not free. Not sure if it's the same with friend codes, but I'll add you.
I didn't know you needed to have an online subscription to trade. But, added! :nod

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi everyone I am looking for a 5-6 IVs Ditto I can trade it for my own (sword and shield). Anyone interested?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Finished the game and it's ok. A lot of simple quality of life improvements that retrospectively could have been added in long ago, the new Pokes are pretty cool too - got a Dracovish amazing stats via mystery trade which i wanna take for a ride in the tower now. Graphics in wild area are really bad, as already widely discussed. In addition to that, if you turn in online mode it's buggy as hell, frame freezing like every 5 secs - it's aweful. The playthrough still a lot hand holdy, gives very little room to off track, albeit a little less so than SM.

Anyways, where's my shield guy, lets trade! @Knightmare of heaven 0

Gajeel

Reaction score
Country
Romania

After 14 long years, we're finally getting a remake of the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Teams. What a time to be alive. I can already see myself spending tons of hours trying to recruit every Pokemon :grin2.

My Switch will finally have a purpose other than Fire Emblem

SnuggleCupcake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I got my second perfect Pokemon in Pokemon GO today! It was a Lairon from the Hoenn Throwback event. ^^

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I got my second perfect Pokemon in Pokemon GO today! It was a Lairon from the Hoenn Throwback event. ^^
Getting a hundo on a mostly useless pokemon... my condolences :feelsbadman

What was your first?

SnuggleCupcake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Getting a hundo on a mostly useless pokemon... my condolences :feelsbadman

What was your first?
Watchog! Aggron is one of my favorite Pokemon so I would never call him useless! ^^

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Watchog! Aggron is one of my favorite Pokemon so I would never call him useless! ^^
Ah, I like Aggron too. I guess I was talking purely from a meta-perspective. I don't think he's too useful outside of maybe Master League pvp.

I've been lucky with perfect IVs lately, my last two were Litwick and Riolu.