Shounen - The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi | Page 117 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradz22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Re: Prince of Tennis 372 Discussion Thread

what i want to see is a new move by ryoma or a move by yuki, it doesn't matter who. no more muga or the doors pls (except for pop). :D

Streifen

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

so which is more powerful?.... the hit from RAI or from the MOUNTAIN STORM?... i think mountain storm overpowers RAI, that means the move ryoma made was more powerful than the real RAI.... then yukimura returned it with just a simple swing.... he really is the child of god..... :notrust

what i want to see is a new move by ryoma or a move by yuki, it doesn't matter who. no more muga or the doors pls (except for pop). :D

PoP... will most likely be normal tennis.... (i think... :D) unless ryomas hair turns yellow... or he goes into bankai....

Last edited:

Audition

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Ryoma's chakra is overwhelming! Death to the Child of Junk !

HikaruYami

Reaction score
Country
United States

OMG!! He actually used it! The Super Ultra Great Delicious Crazy Mountain Storm!!

And it was returned!

In Shonen, attacks with names like that can't be returned!!

Truly, Yukimura is invincible....

(I'm still loling at the fact that the audience actually used that name)

HikaruYami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Prince of Tennis - Spoilers & Discussion Thread

Speculation time!

Ryoma should try the Super Ultra Great Delicious Crazy Mountain Storm again, now that he has Hyakuren! It'll surely score him a point! [/sarcasm]

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

I just thought of something

For Ryoma to use a Muga Technique he has to at least SEE the move such as when he did Kamaitachi against Atobe, Him using Rai indicated that Sanada used it and Echizen Bested it, abd Rai was one of his ultimate techniques....

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

SUPER ULTRA GREAT DELICIOUS CRAZY MOUNTAIN STORM!
BEST.NAME.EVER.

Once upon a time,Ryoma used his SUPER ULTRA GREAT DELICIOUS CRAZY MOUNTAIN STORM! and shot a tennis ball into the space....chuck norris then decided to play tennis with him,hitting the ball back with his roundhouse kick. Then,God himself(The Flying Spaghetti Monster) decided to help ryoma,making it a doubles match! Then when Chuck Norris was at a tough spot, then CAPTAIN FALCON used his FALCON PUNCH to help him. The greatest double match ever, "The flying spaghetti monster + Echizen vs Chuck Norris+ Captain Falcon" ended in the extinction of all dinossaurs.

Seriously,this has become my favourite match.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

In terms of sheer power we probably have something like this....

Dash Hadoukyuu -> Gin's 1-100+ styles of Hadoukyuu -> Hyakuren's Limit is probably here -> 108th Style Hadoukyuu -> Taka's mysterious unnamed power shot -> Rai -> Super Ultra Great Delicious DaiShaRin Yama Arashi -> Some Super Ten'imuhou shot and probably Yukimura's level of power
I disagree. I firmly believe Tezuka could return the SUGD shot with PoHW, if it was done by Kintarou. The reason being is that Kintarou is no longer in the same class as Sanada or Yukimura. That being put into consideration, the strongest shot right now would be Sanada's Rai in my opinion. Although we didn't see Echizen copy the second stage of Rai, so it is unknown how Yukimura would fair against it, or if it is even worth mentioning with the obvious difference in skill between Echizen and Sanada. Echizen can copy a technique, but it will never be as good as the original technique.

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

i still dont understand why RAI is a counter against PoHW...
isnt it that between players, there are also differences with power alone?... so there might be a chance that the MOUNTAIN STORM is stronger than RAI... though Kintarou isnt as good as Sanada and Yukimura its still possible form him to make such a shot... and maybe the reason why echizen used MOUNTAIN with RAI is because it has more power?.. and another weird thing is... big bang serve ie is a powerful shot... then tezuka used PoHW to return it... Yukimura on the other hand, didnt use any move to return it... wouldnt it be better if they made yukimura use something just to counter MOUNTAIN STORM?... even echizen has to tap into PoP before he was able to do something against that MOUNTAIN STORM...

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

OMG.... WTF is a FLYING SPAGHETTIN MONSTER.... that made me LOL!....

Speculation time!

Ryoma should try the Super Ultra Great Delicious Crazy Mountain Storm again, now that he has Hyakuren! It'll surely score him a point!
i think PoHW is only used to return shots... so unless yukimura does mountain storm, ryoma cant use a doubled power mountain storm....

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

OMG.... WTF is a FLYING SPAGHETTIN MONSTER.... that made me LOL!....

i think PoHW is only used to return shots... so unless yukimura does mountain storm, ryoma cant use a doubled power mountain storm....
A flying spaghetti monster is a flying spaghetti monster!
A Spaghetti...that flies...and it is a monster!

He is god of a religion.
http://www.venganza.org/

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I agree on this
maybe the reason why echizen used MOUNTAIN with RAI is because it has more power?
That seems logical, in Muga your body does the most logical technique next, so if Ryoma used All out Mountain storm that may be the reason

As for your other points it's as i've been saying, Yukimura is the Demi-god of Tennis, i think he's based on Federer, his appearance and his lack of special shots (so far) indicate this.

Mrai

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

This match up until now is pretty incredible, but I want to see a technique of Yukimura. Knowing the author he would give Yukimura some techniques but Ryoma will probably have to go into PoP to be able to draw out Yukimura's real skill.

It's also really bad that we can't see how he is returning Ryoma's shots. When he did the cool drive we didn't see anything. Now Ryoma does this great shot and we just see when Yukimura has already returned the shot. Still I'm expecting some techniques from Yukimura and pretty powerful techniques.

Audition

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I guess Ryoma will use Tezuka Phantom after all :)

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

im wondering... how will ryoma use hyakuren since yukimura is just hitting normal shots up until now? Obviously, hyakuren works only for special shots in tennis ie the techs of the higa chuu studs.. so unless yukimura gives a ball with an extraordinary spin, power etc. the hyakuren wont work... just like what chitose did to tezuka...

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Or Ryoma May not have opened Hyakuren at all....

Yea we know this isn't true, but i couldn't imagine Hyakuren being useful against Yukimura

Inkovic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Well so far Yukimura has proven that every single special shot in the series is nothing that special. In the end of the day it's still just a ball and it can be returned. Well I'm positive Yukimura could break the Tezuka zone and saying how it is really nothing special and beat people by simply using passing shots like an actual tennis player.

Maybe Ryoma should just start playing like a normal tennis player? Y'know, play from the baseline, force to opponent to run and pass them. That could work instead of doing all sorts of special and useless techniques.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

In terms of power itself, the SUGD shot would be the strongest flat shot. However Rai is the best shot because of the amount of spin it has, hence why Tezuka can not return it. When it comes to a shot that is overall better, it would be Rai.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

Lol, pastafarian.

zynamarie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

i love how yukimura was presented as an ailing person.. and now he's such a demi-god...

shouldn't he have lost some skill/power/speed with lack of practice for the times he was ill?

wonders of manga.. haha..

oh yeah, why did Tezuka apologize to Sanada? Is that Tezuka's way of saying thank you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.