Discussion - The Purpose of Zoro | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Purpose of Zoro

Are Zoro's progress and purpose bound to remain in Luffy's shadow or he will have a unique moment?

• Yes, Zoro will remain in Luffy's shadow.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No, Zoro will have his 5 minutes.

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
And lol at Zoro being the one to beat Kaido. Number of Arcs where Luffy beat the main antagonist: All. Number of arcs Zoro did: Zero. Hey, maybe Luffy will fight the leader of the Numbers this arc and leave the rest to Zoro...lol
Dont worry, Luffy can flex on Big Mom. :kappa

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dont worry, Luffy can flex on Big Mom. :kappa
Yes, Luffy spent multiple chapters learning how to get through Kaidos scales so he could instead fight BIg Mom...

Why do I bother with you when you are obviously such a troll...

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yes, Luffy spent multiple chapters learning how to get through Kaidos scales so he could instead fight BIg Mom...

Why do I bother with you when you are obviously such a troll...
Well, BM came after Luffy specifically to Wano. Why would you think someone else has to take care of the problem he brought?
Kaido can recover fast and Luffy cant kill him so he will have to move on from Kaido anyway. BM doesnt have scales and has no Zoan recovery...
Anyone with a brain can tell that she is a far better match for Luffy than Kaido and it wouldnt harm to finally get some feats against a sword but seeing the past, I bet she will leave Napoleon aside and go into a fistfight, just like her son...

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, BM came after Luffy specifically to Wano. Why would you think someone else has to take care of the problem he brought?
Kaido can recover fast and Luffy cant kill him so he will have to move on from Kaido anyway. BM doesnt have scales and has no Zoan recovery...
Anyone with a brain can tell that she is a far better match for Luffy than Kaido and it wouldnt harm to finally get some feats against a sword but seeing the past, I bet she will leave Napoleon aside and go into a fistfight, just like her son...
Lol, you are just clowning. Luffy always fights the main enemy. That is Kaido. Luffy has the power to now damage him in a way no one else ever has. "good job training to beat Kaido Luffy! Now...go fight someone else!"

It's like you haven't read a single issue of the manga...

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Lol, you are just clowning. Luffy always fights the main enemy. That is Kaido. Luffy has the power to now damage him in a way no one else ever has. "good job training to beat Kaido Luffy! Now...go fight someone else!"
It's like you haven't read a single issue of the manga...
He trained because he couldnt harm the scales, he basically looked for an excuse technique because otherwise he couldnt do anything.
Being able to harm Kaido doesnt mean he can beat him especially considering his ancient/mythical Zoan recovery.
Someone who can cut his head off is required because he cant recover from that and Luffy doesnt qualify for it.
He could probably defeat BM with help and if she throws Napoleon away. We will see who was right soon enough.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
He trained because he couldnt harm the scales, he basically looked for an excuse technique because otherwise he couldnt do anything.
Being able to harm Kaido doesnt mean he can beat him especially considering his ancient/mythical Zoan recovery.
Someone who can cut his head off is required because he cant recover from that and Luffy doesnt qualify for it.
He could probably defeat BM with help and if she throws Napoleon away. We will see who was right soon enough.
"excuse technique"...dude, it's the strongest form of CoA haki, the thing used by Raleigh. He is using it to get stronger. I mean, I can say "Zoro got Emna, an excuse sword so he can beat stronger opponents", but that is dumb. It's a manga, each character gets the powerups needed to move the story along.

And you are inventing a way to beat Kaido. Where in the story, literally point me to the panel, that says he can only be defeated by having his head cut off. I'll wait. Or I won't, because honestly, you aren't worth it.

"guys, did you know that in order to beat Kaido you must first solve the riddle of 3, and then walk backwards while swinging three swords at the same time?"

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is the list of headcanon claims made regarding Zoro that I collected since Wano started so let's keep track and see how many were right/wrong:

1. Zoro returned from TS training weaker than Luffy.
2. Zoro is equal to Killer.
3. Zoro is among bottom 3 Supernovas.
4. Zoro's CoA is nowhere close to Luffy's and he cant cut him.
5. Zoro didnt use CoA back in Alabasta.
6. Zoro wasnt strong enough to beat Cracker.
7. Zoro wasnt strong enough to beat Doflamingo.
8. Zoro is not above Scabbards, at least not above Shutenmaru, Kappa and Denjiro.
9. Zoro cant beat Calamities, he is at best YC4.
10. Zoro should first defeat a veteran before he thinks about Jack or King.
11. Zoro is too slow to deal with fast opponents.
12. Zoro cant deal with flying opponents.
13. Asura is not a mode and it isnt the best among Zoro's known abilities(end of Act 2).
14. Zoro isnt a Vice Captain.
15. Kyoshiro will be his main fight in Wano.
16. Zoro will not participate in fight vs Kaido.
17. Zoro cant cut Kaido.
18. Zoro is equal to Sanji.
19. Zoro wont fight Mihawk for WSS title.
20. Zoro wont surpass Oden during Wano.
21. Zoro wont beat the strongest swordsman in Wano.
22. Zoro is too weak, he went all out, hit his limits and thats why he got a power-up in form of magic sword Enma.
23. Zoro cant beat Law.
24. Zoro cant beat Kidd.
25. Zoro's CoO is trash as well as his endurance post TS.
26. Zoro main opponent will be Orochi, he isnt fighting any YC1 in Wano.
27. Zoro cant solo King, he will tag team him with someone.
28. Zoro cant take on multiple opponents.
29. Zoro is not stronger than Jinbe.
30. Zoro cant beat opponents that Luffy takes on.
31. Asura Zoro is weaker than pre-Wano G4-less Luffy.
32. Zoro cant deal with Future Sight.

Add more if you have.
1) He obviously did.
2)Same tier, not equal
3)Sound like a Moe claim
4)Zoro can cut Luffy, but won't put him down
5)Yes he did, it was basically spoon fed to us
6)He obviously will
7)He wasn't, but idk how your gunna disprove this. He will get strong during the arc
8)He's probably equal/near equal to the steongest Scabbard. Will surpass them during the arc
9)That is ridiculous and another Moe claim
10)What wrong with Zoro having 2 fights instead of 1? He probably can low diff a vet now that he has Enma training
11)Disadvantaged against fast opponenta doesn't mean weaker
12)Flying Or Not shouldn't matter as he has long range attacks
13)How does it matter if Ashura is a mode or not?
14)Due to the structure of the SH's they don't need a VC but of they did it would be Zoro
15)Kyoshiro won't be his main fight. Already disproven with Kyoshiro being revealed to be an ally
16)Zoro will at least cut Kaido
17) With Enma training Zoro should be able to cut Kaido
18)Zoro>Sanji but you so insecure about it you let it get to you. I'm pretty sure Moe is the only one who thinks this
19)Would be alot of build up for nothing
20)Oden wasn't as strong as sword bois claim so sure Zoro should surpass him
21)It doesn't matter because fighting a swordsman isn't a necessity, defeating a high tier opponent is. But Zoro should be the strongest swordsmen after the arc aside from Law
22)This seems like another Moe bait
23)He can't until proven otherwise
24)See above
25)Another Moe bait, but you do confuse his reaction speed for CoO
26)He should fight Orochi as he wants revenge... He's gunna fight a YC1 or near equal. We are too close to end of the manga for him to be weaker than that
27)A majority of Zoro's fights are solo so its baseless to state otherwise
28)Depends on who he fights
29)Not until proven otherwise. Jinbe is a seasoned ex-Shichibukai with the feats that put him comfortably over Zoro
30)He can't for the most part... he could have probably defeated Arlong, Krieg, and Kuro but thats it
31)He can't

All in all this list just seems like you took peoples opinions personally. Most of these you can't disproven whether its pre or post wano. And others are just bait I mainly see from Moe. These are far from outlandish claims. This just futher proves you can let tw slightest critic of Zoro go without it consuming your thought. Does at really matter to you if Kidd is atrong than Zoro? Why? Kidd isn't Zoro's Goal. Does it really matter if Zoro can't fight multiple opponents?

I agree with Brandish. Your just fiending for some real Zoro action.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm locking this thread for a day so I can figure out what is has become.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This thread is now closed. You can continue discussions in:
Zoro Discussion Thread - the definitive location for all things about Zoro only (unless it's a topic for the below thread)
One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread - a place for all power rankings, power level discussion and comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.