- Joined
- Dec 18, 2005
- Messages
- 1,176
- Reaction score
- 86
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Thank you so much Ratfox! 
So, if Raikiri mixes Japanese and Chinese readings, then what is the case with the famous "harakiri" in Greece, only seen as "sepukku" in American movies and manga... So, Kagekiri, cannot in any way be perceived as "shadowblade"?
Man, that should teach me a lesson for making a cool sounding name without being sure of what it means and also trying to explain it to other people... 
There was this move I can't quite spell in romaji, though I can give you an idea of --> tatsumakisenpuukyaku <-- which was Ruy/Ken's Hurricane Kick. Seeing as how I don't look past anything Japanese nowadays, I found out it can be broken in parts like tatsu, maki, senpuu, kyaku. So, what do those mean? Doesn't Lee have a move called "Konoha Senpuu"? Wasn't that "Konoha's Wind"? (Tekken's Kuma makes me relate this to a fart, but, oh well). I think there was a wind orb in Onimusha called "shipuu"... Anyway, it's your fault all these came in my mind (and consequently in your thread) since you brought up Street Fighter
As far as WoW goes, I'm not starting an alt any time soon (after all the Blood Elves won't be in the game anytime soon), which means we can keep this discussiong going and see where it'll take us (Street Fighter, cute Japanese girls with high-pitched voices, Sakura (SF), Sakura (N), Ino, cute manga girls etc. etc.)
So, Kageyumi, huh? Well, the "yumi" part I've seen before for one (in some anime, girl name). Shadowbow has also been one of the things I've been thinking of, but in Greece we are more or less the opposite of China when it comes to names and the such (we haven't always been like that, the ancient Greeks were even worse than the Chinese, though usually when refering to Gods. Cheesiness could be a universal characteristic of ancient civilizations...), which means I always have some sort of inner conflict when thinking of names like "Shadowbow"... In the end, WoW is supposedly set in one of those fantasy world where cheesy, over-exaggerated names where casual. Please bear with me and let's talk about this more
Inkyuu sounds weird... I like the "kyuu" part but... Well, my hunter would have to be Undead to have such a name (Kageyumi would be fitting for a Night Elf, implying being stealthy as a shadow, or Undead, refering to the dark, shadowy nature of the undead). So, let's scrap the dark part for the hunter. My hunter will be an Orc, so think of something Orcish if possible (words with (G)s and (R)s and (K)s ). Keep in mind that the Hunter is in sync with nature, he can smell the opponent in the air, he can see a group of people 12 hours after they passed from a place just by looking at the ground after they've passed over it... A hunter loves his pet, which means he respects his prey and doesn't kill for fun. He might also be a skinner, to use the body of the fallen animal and in this way show his gratitude, show the spirit that it's life wasn't taken on a whim, that it was the need which guided the lethal arrow. If you could think of a name for a cat type pet too (though I might choose something else, in which case I'll contact you, though if it's a scorpion I'll name it Sasori, hands down
).
Shingo would mean so many things huh? Any place I can look at for meanings? You said that if we assume "shin" means "divine" that would lead us to someone feeling self-important, should I presume "go" means "self"? Also, should I presume, "Shin Akuma" is "True Akuma" unlike the cool-but-puzzling "Divine Akuma" I had in mind? Well, "shingo" sounds awfuly nice (and is the name of my level 2 Paladin in Ahn Qiraj), but after your explanation (and not knowing which version of the name to pick with 43 possible meanings...) let us leave it outside of this conversation untill I have found, read and contemptlated on those meanings
So, Kagema sounds nice, but let us think of some more names... I'll include some more elements of the warlock nature I'd like you to think of: a sadomasochist (think "Life Tap" which makes him lose life and gain mana, and also "Hellfire" which is an AoE damaging him and others around him), corrupted to the bone, dark, vile, (master) demonologist, evil as hell, hellfire, shadowbolt, Infernal, Doom Guard, Curse of Doom, Curse of Agony...
Take you time and reply to the Paladin question, I think I've covered the aspects of his personality I mostly cared about
Ratfox, I know you are a busy person, and if you think that's all kinda too much, I'll ask for permission to copy my posts here to a new thread in the translations section
Should you wish to keep the discussion going here, I'll just tell you how much I appreciate your hellp and thank you for your time spent helping me

So, if Raikiri mixes Japanese and Chinese readings, then what is the case with the famous "harakiri" in Greece, only seen as "sepukku" in American movies and manga... So, Kagekiri, cannot in any way be perceived as "shadowblade"?
Man, that should teach me a lesson for making a cool sounding name without being sure of what it means and also trying to explain it to other people... 
There was this move I can't quite spell in romaji, though I can give you an idea of --> tatsumakisenpuukyaku <-- which was Ruy/Ken's Hurricane Kick. Seeing as how I don't look past anything Japanese nowadays, I found out it can be broken in parts like tatsu, maki, senpuu, kyaku. So, what do those mean? Doesn't Lee have a move called "Konoha Senpuu"? Wasn't that "Konoha's Wind"? (Tekken's Kuma makes me relate this to a fart, but, oh well). I think there was a wind orb in Onimusha called "shipuu"... Anyway, it's your fault all these came in my mind (and consequently in your thread) since you brought up Street Fighter

As far as WoW goes, I'm not starting an alt any time soon (after all the Blood Elves won't be in the game anytime soon), which means we can keep this discussiong going and see where it'll take us (Street Fighter, cute Japanese girls with high-pitched voices, Sakura (SF), Sakura (N), Ino, cute manga girls etc. etc.)
So, Kageyumi, huh? Well, the "yumi" part I've seen before for one (in some anime, girl name). Shadowbow has also been one of the things I've been thinking of, but in Greece we are more or less the opposite of China when it comes to names and the such (we haven't always been like that, the ancient Greeks were even worse than the Chinese, though usually when refering to Gods. Cheesiness could be a universal characteristic of ancient civilizations...), which means I always have some sort of inner conflict when thinking of names like "Shadowbow"... In the end, WoW is supposedly set in one of those fantasy world where cheesy, over-exaggerated names where casual. Please bear with me and let's talk about this more
Inkyuu sounds weird... I like the "kyuu" part but... Well, my hunter would have to be Undead to have such a name (Kageyumi would be fitting for a Night Elf, implying being stealthy as a shadow, or Undead, refering to the dark, shadowy nature of the undead). So, let's scrap the dark part for the hunter. My hunter will be an Orc, so think of something Orcish if possible (words with (G)s and (R)s and (K)s ). Keep in mind that the Hunter is in sync with nature, he can smell the opponent in the air, he can see a group of people 12 hours after they passed from a place just by looking at the ground after they've passed over it... A hunter loves his pet, which means he respects his prey and doesn't kill for fun. He might also be a skinner, to use the body of the fallen animal and in this way show his gratitude, show the spirit that it's life wasn't taken on a whim, that it was the need which guided the lethal arrow. If you could think of a name for a cat type pet too (though I might choose something else, in which case I'll contact you, though if it's a scorpion I'll name it Sasori, hands down
). Shingo would mean so many things huh? Any place I can look at for meanings? You said that if we assume "shin" means "divine" that would lead us to someone feeling self-important, should I presume "go" means "self"? Also, should I presume, "Shin Akuma" is "True Akuma" unlike the cool-but-puzzling "Divine Akuma" I had in mind? Well, "shingo" sounds awfuly nice (and is the name of my level 2 Paladin in Ahn Qiraj), but after your explanation (and not knowing which version of the name to pick with 43 possible meanings...) let us leave it outside of this conversation untill I have found, read and contemptlated on those meanings

So, Kagema sounds nice, but let us think of some more names... I'll include some more elements of the warlock nature I'd like you to think of: a sadomasochist (think "Life Tap" which makes him lose life and gain mana, and also "Hellfire" which is an AoE damaging him and others around him), corrupted to the bone, dark, vile, (master) demonologist, evil as hell, hellfire, shadowbolt, Infernal, Doom Guard, Curse of Doom, Curse of Agony...
Take you time and reply to the Paladin question, I think I've covered the aspects of his personality I mostly cared about

Ratfox, I know you are a busy person, and if you think that's all kinda too much, I'll ask for permission to copy my posts here to a new thread in the translations section
Should you wish to keep the discussion going here, I'll just tell you how much I appreciate your hellp and thank you for your time spent helping me

But still, here's something good:

we can keep it here, I don't mind...
Lastly on this, should Kagekiri also mean "Shadowmist" I might as well name my Cat Kagekiri, my Wolf Akamaru or {white}maru and my Scorpion, Sasori 