Discussion - The Reverie | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Reverie

Deleted member 182576

The Reverie (literally translated as "World Council") is a council formed by the World Government which consists of the world's greatest leaders of various kingdoms.
As Fujitora mentioned, the Reverie will be this year. This leads us to some questions like:

- What are they discussing there?
- Where will it be?
- Who is gonna participate? (Vivi, Cobra, DD, Fishmen?)
- Are the strawhats gonna be there too?
- Will Fujitora be there?
- Are the revolutionaries planning something?
- Will there be an attack?
- When will it be?
- etc.

Sooo dear friends... let's begin the discussion...! :) :mono

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginopastino

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
IMO Revérie will be hold right at the end of the main story.

Plot-wise it is such a good way to justify the gathering of all world powers and their forces in Mariejoa!

sameel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think along with the world council, luffy and big mam will also be there. This is the place where luffy kicks big mams butt.

Btw, has luffy ever hit a woman before?

Spam286

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think along with the world council, luffy and big mam will also be there. This is the place where luffy kicks big mams butt.

He punches Alvida right in the face in chapter 2. So yes.

Why would a Yonko be at the Reverie though? That's ridiculous.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
- What are they discussing there?
- Where will it be?
- Who is gonna participate? (Vivi, Cobra, DD, Fishmen?)
The Straw Hats and Blackbeard pirates and the whole Fishmen thing are my guesses. I think the Fishmen equality discussion was a given during the arc.

Dunno, but probably in Mariejoa?

I think Vivi, Cobra, Rebecca, her dad/grandpa, and/or aunt, King Neptune or one of his kids, and any other royalty. I don't see Doflamingo there though, unless he manages to get away with power intact this arc.

- Are the strawhats gonna be there too?
- Will Fujitora be there?
- Are the revolutionaries planning something?
- Will there be an attack?
- When will it be?
Why would they be? It's possible, but I don't see them going to the Reverie without a reason.
Probably, in order to protect the royal families.
Possibly, who knows? They seem to not have done anything last time though.
I think there will be. Dunno if the Straw Hats will be involved though.

Who knows when? <_>

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Reverie as a separate mini-arc might hold .. also unless Luffy DOES head to Mariejoa this early ... otherwise I see the gathering much like it was when the Shichibukai met ... Oda might foreshadow what will be discussed and that will probably by the Fishman island situation and of course the Shichibukai situation, Fujitora might bring the topic up after Doflamingo is defeated.

The way I see it, once this arc goes down, a new time skip will commence since Luffy vs the WG this early? Yeah, possible but only if a new time skip comes. If they go to Reverie some incident is bound to happen that will involve all WG forces and there is no doubt Luffy will be involved somehow.

chess4

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the Revirie will take place after this arc....I think it will be its on little Mini arc around 3-5 chapters. We will see all the island nations that tje strawhats have helped including Alabasta, Fishman Island, Skypiea, and Dressrosa I think the Strawhats will be considered world threats and they will be given HUGE bounty increases. Im sayin around 400 mil for each of them

Ace4

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
I think the Reverie will happen but not after this arc. It's going to be the next big thing after the Marineford arc so I guess there is still some time. It was said that it's this year but they've been in the new world for less than a week so no need to rush. I think Zou, Wano and another Arc will take place before the Reverie happens.

Deleted member 182576

I think the Reverie will happen but not after this arc. It's going to be the next big thing after the Marineford arc so I guess there is still some time. It was said that it's this year but they've been in the new world for less than a week so no need to rush. I think Zou, Wano and another Arc will take place before the Reverie happens.
I guess Zou will just be a mini-arc where law will meet his crew and say goodbye to Luffy. And the rest (including Kanjuro, Kin & Momo) will head to Wano. And yeah possibly it will be after Wano.

Samui

Reaction score
Country
Israel
The best time for the Reverie is right after the defeat of either Kaidou or Big Mam, when the power balance is toppled.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Reverie will happen right after Don Flamingo has been defeated, and they will discuss the SH and revolutionaries as a topic

Regino

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As far as I understand the idea of this meeting it is an official meeting organized by the world government and so it is unikely that any rogue powers (Rev', Yonkou and underworld people)will be present there

Since it is already planned the Reverie seems to be independent from the everday politics in the OP world and I am not sure that we will actually see this meeting. i think it is possible that it will happen "of screen" and that we will just experienced the outcomes.

ced13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
I'm foreshadowing some big events for this Reverie.

1. Abolition of the Shichibukai system: A lot of them were defeated since the beginning of the series. Fujitora is against it and will do anything to put an end to it.

2. Vivi will finally join the Strawhats: Many fans are expecting this. I think she'll come to the Reverie with Cobra and somehow the Strawhats will rush in and 'take' her. Or they'll be waiting for her near the site. But another question comes from this: How will the other kings and gorosei (don't know if they'll be there) react? After all it's the daughter of one of the 20 Kings of the World Government that joins a Pirate crew. And not just some random pirate crew! ----->3.

3. Strawhat matter: This will be a big matter. The chaos they (mostly Luffy) are causing in the Shichibukai within the Marine and also the alliance with Law to take out a Yonkou! They're simply completely taking out the balance of the world (Marine-Yonkou-Shichibukai). And with Vivi's recruitment, they're even messing with the higher ups of the World Government itself! Many outcomes could come from this:
-taking major measures to stop them at once: still too soon for this big war from my point of view.​
-the 4 kingdoms who were saved by the Strawhats could stand for them but it would cause a break inside the World Government system and would cause great changes.​
-just let them be.​

Anyway something big is going to happen in this Reverie and I'm looking forward to it! :hee

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Luffy has never hit a hot woman before

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy has never hit a hot woman before
Don't be so harsh on Alavida...

Will Elizaboo take part in the reverie? As far as I know,

Vivi - strawhat

Dalton - New King of Drum, strawhat ally

Neptune - strawhat ally

Thalassa - who predicted Dragon as dangerous.

Riku Dolt - king of dressrosa

Elizabo - King of Prodence

They will be the participants.... Definietely, strawhats will be mentioned and if Thalassa announces them as a potential danger, then WG will take them a lot more seriously this time.

I think abolishment of shichibukai is going to happen based on who is the 7th shichibukai...

Hancock and Mihawk are extremely important allies and the WG is probably better off not allowing them to go back to their extreme pirating ways. They can be useful and with Kuma merely just a weapon, that's 3 of the 7 as reliable.

Law and Doflamingo have beens stripped of their title so that leaves Buggy and the 7th. If the 7th can prove to be resourceful, I think they will stick on. So it all depends on the 7th shichibukai who will be revealed soon.....

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm foreshadowing some big events for this Reverie.

1. Abolition of the Shichibukai system: A lot of them were defeated since the beginning of the series. Fujitora is against it and will do anything to put an end to it.
I don't see this happening anytime soon, given the worst criminals were Crocodile and Doflamingo. Buggy is probably not that bad, and they don't want to risk Buggy's crew going against them, while I think other Shichibukai are too dangerous to have as enemies, like Mihawk and Hancock.

2. Vivi will finally join the Strawhats: Many fans are expecting this. I think she'll come to the Reverie with Cobra and somehow the Strawhats will rush in and 'take' her. Or they'll be waiting for her near the site. But another question comes from this: How will the other kings and gorosei (don't know if they'll be there) react? After all it's the daughter of one of the 20 Kings of the World Government that joins a Pirate crew. And not just some random pirate crew! ----->3.
Never happening unless the Straw Hats stop being wanted criminals. I don't think any royal family member will join a pirate crew unless the entire family stops ruling.

3. Strawhat matter: This will be a big matter. The chaos they (mostly Luffy) are causing in the Shichibukai within the Marine and also the alliance with Law to take out a Yonkou! They're simply completely taking out the balance of the world (Marine-Yonkou-Shichibukai). And with Vivi's recruitment, they're even messing with the higher ups of the World Government itself! Many outcomes could come from this:
-taking major measures to stop them at once: still too soon for this big war from my point of view.​
-the 4 kingdoms who were saved by the Strawhats could stand for them but it would cause a break inside the World Government system and would cause great changes.​
-just let them be.​

Anyway something big is going to happen in this Reverie and I'm looking forward to it! :hee
They're definitely going to be talking about the crew, but I think it'll probably be praises, at least from Alabasta and Dressrosa. The others may be scared, especially since Luffy is Dragon's son, and both are warring with the World Government and the Marines.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Reverie should be sort of a big event when it happens. The way things have worked out so far it seems like a lot of the people there will have a beef with the world government and adding to that a well stablished friendship with the strawhat pirates. From what we know there should be a number of familiar kings there. The first would be dalton, then the nefertari... I don't think water 7 has a king but it would be interesting to see a representative there. Then we have king neptune, riku and elizobello.

Its quite a mob of kings angry with the world government. If its 20 kings total then 25% of them being pissed at the world government and friendly with the strawhats is a huge deal.

Add to that the end of doflamingo's kngdom and it's repercussions. To me it looks like the issue will be the inadequacy of the world government at holding the peace. Just from the fall of doflamingo alone it should have a significatn effect on wars they are all fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if a faction of kings just straight up and leaves the world government. It wouldn't be weird if they all demand the shichibukai to be disbanded considering how abused those titles are.

It should take place still at least one arc from now, when enough time has passed so that the effect of the strawhats actions can be felt.

Chompp

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
If its 20 kings total then 25% of them being pissed at the world government and friendly with the strawhats is a huge deal.
We don't really know how many royals there will be. The 20 kings was a reference to establishing the world government (and now it should be 18 families because Nefertari never became CD's and Doflamingo family left, though we don't really know if there were other Doflamingo family members that stayed)

But anyway, like some others have said I think it's going to happen pretty much ofpanel and we only see some pieces of it and the eventual effects of the end result.

Deleted member 182576

Never happening unless the Straw Hats stop being wanted criminals. I don't think any royal family member will join a pirate crew unless the entire family stops ruling.
what if Vivi is getting angry because the WG talks shit about the strawhats at the Reverie and she'll be like: u know what? I don't want to be a part of that Reverie or that WG-System. I'm going to be a pirate. and you know which Crew? the strawhats. they're my friends.... they're my nakama. this one direct in the face of the head of the WG
Her first dream was to secure arabasta - which she has succeded with the help of Luffy.
Now her second dream may be, to Show the world, that pirate aren't always bad! and she already said or promised, that once she will see them again, if she can sail with them too...!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: