Games The RPG thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Isn't it just a Diablo clone? Kind of had the same reaction to the Torchlight series.
How dare you!:yelling

*clears throat*

Sorry, about that. I guess, if you didn't know then you don't know. But trust me if you had played Divinity Original Sin you'd be as outraged by that comparison as I am.

Divinity Original Sin is nothing like Diablo. It's a turn based RPG. Similar to Wasteland 2. It's the opposite end of the RPG spectrum from Diablo and Torchlight.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Ah, well I must admit that I forgot about the particulars. A lot of people were ranting about it a couple Steam sales ago. I considered it, but decided to give my wallet a rest. It had/has a lot of hype though.
The combat is turn based and the environment and the elements influence the outcome a lot...stealth is pretty well implemented too...overall the RPG elements are not watered down as in modern RPGs

The game is very focused on teamwork...whether it's co-op or not, there are stuff that can only be done if the party is split...it's pretty awesome I recommend if you have the time and patience for such games

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

For those played it...is there a specific build you like very much and you can recommend? I'm running around with the base witchcraft oriented character, and she has the zombie ability and can summon spiders :zomg
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I made both my main characters wizards. A Witchcraft/Earth and a Fire/Water. Then get the Madora(melee knight) and Bairdotr(ranged hunter) to round out my party.

That way both my main characters can summon things. In terms of damage fire and earth work really well together and with Water you can heal. And witchcraft is just plain fun.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I played a rogue with dagger and buckler. I was immortal because I had so much dodging % I had a great dagger that usually 1 hit kills when backstabbing.
It's been a long ime since I've played so I don't remember the details... The Male was a warrior with a 2 handed great sword and a decent tank ^^
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
How dare you!:yelling

*clears throat*

Sorry, about that. I guess, if you didn't know then you don't know. But trust me if you had played Divinity Original Sin you'd be as outraged by that comparison as I am.

Divinity Original Sin is nothing like Diablo. It's a turn based RPG. Similar to Wasteland 2. It's the opposite end of the RPG spectrum from Diablo and Torchlight.
Wiat it's a turn based? WTF had I known that I would have bought it long ago
 

Hunt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
540
Reaction score
1,202
Gender
Male
Country
Torumekian Empire
Xenoblade X

Last Trailer (it's not about running...):


New info:

300 Hours & 400 km²...

At the beginning of the story, the goal is to survive the uncivilized planet of Mira. After meeting up with private military organization Blade, you’ll choose from one of eight affiliated unions, each with their own overarching objective to fill, and embark on quests. It’s possible to join a different union later. Unlike the linear progression of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, the successor’s story will unfold in various directions.

Unions

The eight unions are:

Pathfinder - In charge of data probe installation.
Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists.
Avalanche - In charge of hunting down dangerous life forms.
Testament - In charge of the search and recovery of debris scattered by the ship, as well as the recovery of items lost on the battlefield.
Corepedian - In charge of visiting areas and investigation/collecting materials.
Land Bank - In charge of securing resources and collecting minerals.
Arms - Assists the Arms Company in charge of the development of Dolls and their inner weaponry.
Companion - A Jack of all trades, from the mediation of petty fights to the search of stray cats.
Characters
Nagi (Takayuki Sugou)
-Former Captain of the White Whale and current Military Chief in the Autonomous Government of New Los Angeles.

Guin (Yuichi Nakamura)
-Worked in the same division as Elma and Irina on Earth. Was their subordinate.

Player Avatars
-Many options for customization (sex, face type, skin colour, hair style, eyes, make-up, voice, etc).
-Preset designs done by Kunihiko Tanaka
-Some famous voices actors providing their voice as options for the avatar, will be announced on the Xenoblade homepage later.

GamePad
-Will show character location, question locations
-Warping to previously visited areas

Online
-The use of 'X [Cross]' has implications for the online functionality.
-Not a standard online game, more 'loosely connected'

Originally Posted by duckroll

I took a look at the actual text from sinobi about the interview, and the description Takahashi gives the online is definitely indicating something like the passive online features of Souls game. He refers to it as ゆるく繋がるオンラインゲーム which is the common term used these days to refer to stuff like the blood stains, messages, and player shadows.
Music
-About 90 songs in the game. Sawano involved in all of them.

Battles
-Faster paced, more-actiony than Xenobalde.
-Differentiates close and distant attacks.
-No healers.
-Healing done with new system called 'Soul Voice'.
-Xenoblade was traditional RPG, whereas XenobladeX is an open world RPG. Xenoblade was linear despite having big world. In XenobladeX, you will get quests from different places and have more freedom.
-Xenoblade had 1 vocal song at the end, but XenobladeX has many vocal song. (Many for RPG)
-Mira is 400km² which is 5 times bigger than Xenoblade. So there is Dolls which can fly. Also you can check your location via gamepad
-Battle system is based on Xenoblade, but it's faster paced and more action packed.
-4 player party, you control 1 and AI controls the rest.
-number of unique monsters and equipments have increased from Xenoblade.
Takahashi's XenobladeX's final check play time was over 300 hours
The interview says the world of Xenoblade X is about 400km&, which is 5 times bigger than Xenoblade. But I think he did mention it was about 5 times of Xenoblade in the past.
By Raven777



RAW PICS from recent Famitsu:







 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I don't really understand why such cool RPGs are usually on consoles I would never consider getting.
This game looks awesome... too bad it's not going to be on PC :(
Maybe an emulator will come out after a few years :X
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, I really like the game but to really spend the amount it takes for one console game like this isnt really feasible especially when so many other rpgs are coming on systems I own this year (3ds, vita, and ps4)
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Well it IS Nintendo,they're all about first party and would never see their games on other consoles now. And I like that...their games are usually top class.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Can't wait for this game to come out~
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall

I am so hyped right now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yellow hair one looks the best omg. So hyped for this game, the femchar also looks much better than yukiko or even chie. First time I may actually play with the first girl.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Hunt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
540
Reaction score
1,202
Gender
Male
Country
Torumekian Empire
25 minutes of Xenoblade X!

 
Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Some new info on Persona 5 is up. So the MC's first Persona is Arsène. Makes sense. ^^
 

Yoichi Hiruma

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
131
Reaction score
17
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Persona 5 is going to be really awesome, it looks so great
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
According to Meguro, P5 music will have some acid jazz influences. More info about the game should be out soon in the latest Famitsu magazine. It will talk more about the characters and the keywords "Glory" and "Catastrophe"

---------- Post added February 11, 2015 at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was February 09, 2015 at 04:35 PM ----------

More P5 info is out
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Listening to this made me salty and happy at the same time. I hope you like it as much as I did.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The latest Persona magazine has information about P5 and P4D
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read something that really breaks my heart. After 13 years Capcom is finally making a new Breath of Fire game... and it's an MMO mobile game. Classic Capcom.:shakefist
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Anyone plays Pillars of Eternity? I am a fan of Baldur's Gate, and since it is a CRPG like Divinity, I kinda want to buy it.
 
Top