Discussion - The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
So here's the deal.
Lots of us here have many question to ask Oda-Sensei.
Many of us have just some random stuffs to tell him too.
So I thought of making a SBS collection thread of whoever wants to ask Oda anything, here on this forum. Then asking a translator to translate it to Japanese, and then, send it to One-Piece's SBS section in Japan, represnting our whole One-Piece international community in those forums.
For further details about what and specific SBS: http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS
So just feel free to post whatever outrageous questions/remarks you have for Oda-sensei, and eventually we'll lock this thread, translate most of them and send him, hopefully receiving an answer.
(It would also be greatly appreciated if you check existing SBS's, to see if your quesion wasn't asked yet).

Hope this project will go well.
-Absulutio.

Here are the current SBS's.. I'll keep updating it frequently:

Imitorar: -what's the source for Enel's name?
-Oda-sensei! Back during the Davy Back Fight, Usopp said that an afro fills you with the power of Africa. But Brook has an afro, and it doesn't seem to fill him with the power of Africa! Why not, Oda-sensei, why is Brook immune to the powers of the afro?!-Afro Researcher.

kazuma_uzumaki: -Since Luffy's whole body is rubber is it ever possible for him to break his bones?
-What would happen if Ussop or Kaku ever tried to kiss someone

gdupninja: -Hey Oda if you were in Onepiece which girl would you take as your woman?

MrStrawHat: -Oda Sensai! I want you to give our One Piece international Community in MangaHelpers.com a Pirate Crew name!
-Oda Sensai..... Every1 Likes One Piece in Korea! SO...... In Memorial for me and you, my hero meeting, I would like to say, (you guessed it!) 'Let us begin SBS!!!' Yahoo! it's almost to new year!

Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright, I'll kick this thread off with a question or two of my own. The first is, what's the source for Enel's name? (To finally settle the "Enel or Ener" argument).

The second one, in SBS format...

Oda-sensei! Back during the Davy Back Fight, Usopp said that an afro fills you with the power of Africa. But Brook has an afro, and it doesn't seem to fill him with the power of Africa! Why not, Oda-sensei, why is Brook immune to the powers of the afro?!-Afro Researcher.

In all honesty, I can't believe nobody's ever asked that second one before, it's a very obvious, and SBS-ish question.

gdupninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good idea absuloto

Oda sensei Who is Luffy's mother?

kazuma_uzumaki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
what does sbs stand for anyways?

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I doubt that we'll get any answer for "Luffy's mother" since it's to "plottish"..
But nice one Imitorar!
I'll think of a nice one too in my sleep.. :p

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
"SBS stands for Shitsumon o Boshuu Suru, which translates to, "I'm taking questions""

from the link in the first post..

gdupninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oda sensei if you could eat a Devil Fruit which would it be and why?

kazuma_uzumaki

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have one :D this is a serious one.. sort of..

Since Luffy's whole body is rubber is it ever possible for him to break his bones?

gdupninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Oda if you were in Onepiece which girl would you take as your woman?
Nami or Robin?

kazuma_uzumaki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Heres a funny one

"What would happen if Ussop or Kaku ever tried to kiss someone

MrStrawHat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Oda sensei if you could eat a Devil Fruit which would it be and why?
This has been answered in Fan Book in korea, he said the fruit Buggy ate, and for no apparent reason.
My questions!

Oda Sensai! I want you to give our One Piece international Community in MangaHelpers.com a Pirate Crew name!

Oda Sensai..... Every1 Likes One Piece in Korea! SO...... In Memorial for me and you, my hero meeting, I would like to say, (you guessed it!) 'Let us begin SBS!!!' Yahoo! it's almost to new year!

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
To Imi, Enel is an Italian power company.

And are you saying Brook doesn't have the Fist of the Afro? It's pretty clear to me that he does.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Impel, we just GUESSED that that was what Enel was. It could be a reference to something else, it could be that it's Ener and is short for "energy". There is no confirmation.

And if YOU think Brook acts anything like Afro Luffy did... I'm not sure how you can be helped. The Afro doesn't affect him, or he wouldn't be "The Gentleman Skeleton", because gentlemen don't have afros. They just don't. But either way, this isn't the place to discuss Enel or Brook. There are other threads for that, and discussions pertaining to those two characters should take place in those threads.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Editted the first thread with the sum of the current SBS's.. I'll keep updating it frequently..
Still haven't got one myself.. But I'm getting there! :D

Dice

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I want to know:
In chapter 476 just before becoming Nightmare-Luffy Luffy receives a shadow of a famous swordsman from the marines. Who was this marine? I think he looks a little bit like Kaku.

Last edited:

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
This sounds like fun! I think I'll give it a shot.

3 questions:

1. Hey Oda-sensai! Hello I am John, nice to meet you! What are your favorite Nico Robin outfits? Mine are:

1. The hot outfit she wore at the end of opening 4 (bon voyage), which I think with some modifications it will make a sweet and sexy secret spy outfit! ^_^
  2. Water 7/enies lobby outfit
  3. Thriller Bark outfit
  4. Robitta Outfit
  5. Her third outfit from One Piece Movie 7 : Karakuri Castle's Mecha Giant Soldier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Hi Oda, I just wanna ask about something that I been wandering about for quite sometime now and its about the Rokushiki style, the style that was used by the now-defunct CP9. Its just that I have been a big fan of both fictional and real life martial arts for a long time and one of the many things that I do know is when there is a master (like Rob Lucci), there is always a grandmaster. So I am guessing that who ever taught the members of CP9 the style might very well be a high ranking member of the world government, possibly one of the Gorōsei. So is there by any chance we might see the teacher in the future?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Hi Oda-samma, Now I know this is going to sound unusual and I don't know if this have asked before but its just that for the past several months, I started getting back into doing what I haven't done since my high school years: Mixing up different fighting styles, Both real life and fictional, with my favorite characters from different series (Even with characters who are not martial arts talented) as well as making up move lists for them! So I just want to show you this fan made move list that I did just for fun which involves my favorite character, Nico Robin using different variations of Rokushiki and I just want to see what do you think of it.
Note that this is far from being complete and there are a lot of errors here and there so sorry if this looks messy:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=371966&postcount=1

Like I said before, That movelist is far from being complete so it still needs a LOT of work. But it would be nice to see if you can make it look alot better, as well as drawing pics of some of the techniques, and even coming up with some techniques yourself. I would also would like to mention that after I am done with this little "Rokushiki Robin" project of mine, I am also going to start on my next martial arts project with Robin called "Nico Robin: Huaquándào style (Way of the blossoming fist)", which is a fighting style that is a combination of her Hana Hana no Mi abilities and various forms of Chinese martial arts, mainly internal styles. Pretty cool, eh?

BTW, here's my fanart of Robin which is also a preview of my next project:

NOTE: My art skills are really amatuarish so sorry if it looks crappy but it would be cool if you can do something great with this as well.

http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/images/33915/5_Wushu_Robin___Complete_by_Shinjojin.jpg

OK, thats all! Sorry if this is too much. Its just that I have a lot of things to ask him.

Last edited:

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
It's ok.. We still don't know the format of the SBS we'll send, so anything is acceptable atm..

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States
Impel, we just GUESSED that that was what Enel was. It could be a reference to something else, it could be that it's Ener and is short for "energy". There is no confirmation.

And if YOU think Brook acts anything like Afro Luffy did... I'm not sure how you can be helped. The Afro doesn't affect him, or he wouldn't be "The Gentleman Skeleton", because gentlemen don't have afros. They just don't. But either way, this isn't the place to discuss Enel or Brook. There are other threads for that, and discussions pertaining to those two characters should take place in those threads.
Oh Contre. ALL men with Afro's are in fact gentleman....they're just ALSO BMF's.

And Brooke is most certainly a bad mother fucker.

Shojin

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's ok.. We still don't know the format of the SBS we'll send, so anything is acceptable atm..
Ok, thanks!

Btw, would it also be a good idea to post this project over at AP as well? Since its currently the most popular OP message board, I think you might get alot of people that way and as they all say, the more the marrier. :D

Last edited: