The School's Out Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The School's Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Did you celebrate your last day at school? How did you celebrate it? (or how do you plan to celebrate it?)
Did your year have something special planned for that last day? Like T-Shirts, immortalisation or something similar? Were you allowed to make fools of your teachers? XD
How do you call that day?

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=962.msg151852#msg151852
a short describtion of my last day...XD

@Eni, our last day is called "Abischerz"

ILUVATAR

Reaction score
Country
Greece
well..... i cannot say i have finished school yet :D since i am in this so called TEI (Technikal Educational Institution)
but i can talk about my last day in high school.... which was quite funny.
all of us were dnacing in the halls and in the classrooms, the teachers among us couldn't refuse a coockie or a drink when it was offered to them. we even manage to make the headmaster start dance, quite a funny sight :rofl he was always such a serious and scary guy
we took photos with almost all of the teachers and generaly we had a good time dancing, laughing and eating XD especially that last, by the end of our little party you could see everywhere you look empty bags of chips and empty bottles of beer or Coca-Cola >.< one or two bottles of vodka, a god knows who brought them with him XD but we all enjoyed it
we also made rings, from the outside they have our personal zodiac symbol and from the inside the date and the place where we wil meet again ^^

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
at least your headmaster was okay! our headmistress (who definitely hates me...i don't know why, i haven't done anything to her...) almost cancelled that last day because she got pissed off of us...But we were such nice guys ;_;

okay, maybe we overdid it during the last week of school...wasn't a good idea to actually carry the teachers out of their classrooms and exchange it with other teacher...well, it was really funny, and the kids applauded ^^
but the fun stopped when the headmistress got me and a friend while we were carrying a teacher...she got so damn mad at us and our group, i really got scared of her o.O

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
BlueChild said:
@Eni, our last day is called "Abischerz"
Ah, just to not get confused ... BlueChild talks about the final day after the German university entrance qualification - the highest school graduation you can get in Germany, usually after 13th grade. I'm talking about what we do after 10th grade, since I've done my "Abitur" (university entrance qualification) through evening school aka adult education the 10th grade was my last on a regular school xD

Like I said here, that was called "Chaos Tag" (chaos day) and is very similiar to the "Abischerz". It starts when the final grade barricades the school in the early morning, so the teachers can't reach the teacher's lounge. If they reach it till school offically starts, we lost and it's a usual school day. If the teachers can't get in till the school bell rings, we win and it's a big party day, where the final grade fools with the teachers ... uhm ... usually the final grade wins or else the whole school goes in a kind of bad mood *cough cough*.
In the evening of this day we have a big party till next the morning, yay :D

What we did? *remember remember*
Played loud music over the schools loudspeakers, playing foolish games with the teachers and having fun the whole day. I've never drunk alcohol again after that day @____@
At the end the police came with a big car (Mannschaftswagen) and handcuffs and took our teachers away - jubilations through all grades, we're legends now at our old school xD

notice: the police let them go three streets away, it was organised by us of course^^

BoffenJL said:
yup! definetly something i would like. and its kinda the same here. although we party for a week not only one day :D
We do also. At 10th grade - before our final day we usually do a vacation with the whole class and party a whole week or two. Our class was in Turkey for two weeks.
After 13th grade is done it's common to have a big vacation with friends payed by your parents or some other relative. Some ppl party the whole holidays till university starts.

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
eni said:
We do also. At 10th grade - before our final day we usually do a vacation with the whole class and party a whole week or two. Our class was in Turkey for two weeks.
After 13th grade is done it's common to have a big vacation with friends payed by your parents or some other relative. Some ppl party the whole holidays till university starts.
We also have something special during the last week of school...it's no "vacation" (we were on vacation last autumn with the class, one week in Vienna), it's called "Motto Tage" (theme days). Basically you choose a topic for each day of the week and you have to dress accordingly.
For example, on Monday we had the theme "Schlafanzug" (pyjama), and (almost...) everybody of my year came to school wearing a pyjama XD
Tuesday we had "Geschlechtertausch" (change of gender), so the girls dresses up like guys and the guys dressed up like girls...it was fantastic to see the guys in mini skirts XDDD
Wednesday we had "Asi-Tag" (Chav's Day), and everybody tried to look as bad as possible XD
Thursday was "Beach Party", and everybody came to school in his/her beach outfit...the only problem was that it was 3°C cold...and we were standing there in flip flops and short clothes...it was damn cold XD
and Friday was the "Abischerz" =)

That was my last week XD
(oh hell, we took some awesome pics XDD)

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
BlueChild said:
We also have something special during the last week of school...it's no "vacation" (we were on vacation last autumn with the class, one week in Vienna), it's called "Motto Tage" (theme days).
meh, that's right ... since i wasn't at a regular school, i forgot :D
But it's more or less a new kind of celebration, hm? More traditional are the huge after-exames partys, yay! :dance :party

*eni really miss her schooltime :scry*

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
yeah, school time was great :cry

we didn't have after-exams parties...or we did have one but i wasn't able to go there...dunno...XD

did you have something like the Theme days?

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
BlueChild said:
we didn't have after-exams parties...or we did have one but i wasn't able to go there...dunno...XD

did you have something like the Theme days?
Hm, it's common here that every school with 13th year finals organised a huge saturday evening party, called after-exame-parties (Mensa-Feten, kind of a disco/pub inside the school from dusk till dawn, without younger classes but with much music and alcohol :darn). So the time after the exames is full of party weekends - that is only if you could stay alive through the pre-exames-parties :beer

Theme days is something new, but I heard about it from friends. I left school 9 years ago, so I'm totally out of date :D

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
we didn't have a mensa at my old school, so we couldn't have a Mensa-Fete. but we have had loads of pre-exam-parties...and the other schools had lots of pre-exam--parties as well...every weekend there was at least one party in discotheques...

Status
Not open for further replies.