Predictions - The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 7 - Egghead Arc | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 7 - Egghead Arc

Is it Bonney's time to shine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous iteration of the thread is HERE from WCI Arc.

As it stands, Jinbe has returned to the crew and officially shown in the manga as the SH's helmsman. Popular theory and predictions has Carrot and/or a Scabbard joining the crew.

This thread is to discuss possibilities of any characters in this arc (including Carrot and the Scabbards) joining the crew on their future journeys. Personally Carrot as a mink would be a great addition to the crew, not just because of her age and bubbly(sparkly) personality but she's also a tested candidate, having travelled with them from Zou, to WCI and now here in Wano.

The reason I discard the Scabbards from joining is simply because once Momo assumes leadership of the country, he will need advisors to whom he can turn to for counsel and those that know both the current struggles of the country but also its past glory. The Scabbards fit that perfectly. I also doubt they'd leave their lord's family exposed anymore.

None from the group has shown any interest in leaving the country for personal adventure; besides the mink pair when they were young( and snuck off to join Oden). Neko and Inu would most likely return to Zou as they are rulers there.

The only one I would see leaving after the dust is settled is maybe Kiku to find her brother.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Oda did say the last crew members would join in quick succession. I think Carrot was a test perhaps to see how she fit and how fans received her. Has been positive so far as I'm aware, I like her and by end of Wano she may have a more concrete reason to be on the crew, aside from really wanting to explore the world.
Yes like seeing the new dawn in Pedro's stead.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the new Pokemon Go features pikachu wearing a strawhat. I just learned that the japanese version showcases One Piece related Pokestops, with art personally drawn by Oda.
Now Pikachu is a Pika, an animal that closely resembles a Rabbit. Pikachu is an electric type pokemon, so thats a rabbit capable of electricity. Where have we seen that in OP??? And why make it wear a strawhat? Is Oda hinting Carrot is the next nakama????

xocolatl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Pikachu is technically a mouse though, so....

Mouseman from Kuri district for nakama? :P

Jokes aside, what will be the next nakama's role? At this point I don't care who's the 11th Straw Hat. Just bring back Jinbe, please...

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol Caribou is not joining. Like Cesar he has too many bad baggage to be a strawhat. Plus he has no roles to fill and also he is probably plotting something...like he'll join...and for a while he can enjoy Sanji's food, and peep on the ladies as they bath but after X amount of time he is gonna wanna take out the strong ones and sell off the Nami and Robin. Not that he can ever really achieve that but this guy is not to be trusted. Plus, he has his own crew and brother to go back to. He couldn't have forgotten about them. I wonder what happened to those guys?

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Last we saw of his brothers the crazy G5 Marines had them, did they not? I don't think they are... around anymore.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Nami hates CC too much to allow him to join. Caribou wont join...

At this point, i can only see Carrot as a possible nakama.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Caesar would have to really sacrifice himself to even have a chance of joining though, he shouldn't even be included in this discussion at this point.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Carroto-chan really fits well and her powers are nothing that breaks the power scale within the crew.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
My mental picture of Caesar "joining" is being dragged aboard in sea-stone cuffs screaming and sobbing in despair, with Chopper leading him by a collar and demanding he spill the beans on all his chemical weapons. And be used as his personal pharmacist-assistant and general guinea pig for new medicine.

He would be with them not as a friend, but literally as a prisoner to watch so that he doesn't go and develop more weapons to kill people they might know or one day know, as the case has been at least once (with the Minks). It would make sense if that's what Oda wants to do. I know Chopper would be all over it.

Heck, he could be treated not as a true Straw Hat but as just part of Chopper's "treasure" after Wano. I can easily see him being there at Onigashima, looking for work, thinking that Kaido's stronghold will be the one place he will be safest from Big Mom.

:catshrug

Zehahahahahah! And then she or Perospero are the ones who meet him at the dockyard. Or he barges in during the fighting and is noticed by Nami while he stares in stupification at Kaido, Big Mom, Law and Luffy fighting. With Marines possibly present. I can just see him backing up slowly thinking, "No. No. NOOO! What kind of unlucky star was I born under to have to run into Mugiwara three separate times! Not to mention that woman! I'm such a victim! Has there been anyone the universe has treated so unjustly before!!? The World's Number 1 Scientist deserves better!! Oh, there's my (insert mass-murder weapon of choice displayed by the Beast Pirates) it's so beautiful in action!"

And then Carrot can be the last straw... hat. Strawhat. See what I did there? Huh? See? Ok that was a pun. Old Teach is sorry. Zeha. *Takes another swig of rum*

Well, maybe I'll add Carrot to my crew after I walk in at the end of Wano and massacre what's left. That would be nice, having a Mink. Maybe I'll get her that snow fruit everyone wants her to have so bad.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Admiral Teach In short, Nami and Chopper can show off their slaves. :toc

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Pikachu is technically a mouse though, so....
While Pikachu is called a mouse in Pokémon, he was modeled after a squirrel.

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Sorry that didn't came out right.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I only see Jinbei joining from this arc on.

What separates him from others and why they likely won't join:

Jinbei has saved Luffy multiple times prior to becoming a crew member, as well as helped him
Luffy has actually listened to Jinbei more than once, even sticking to Jinbei's plans closely enough
Jinbei will get along well with the crew, especially since they accept him and respect him deeply
One of Jinbei's goals is to realize Otohime's dream, which will likely be achieved with the Straw Hats, and Jinbei also wants to support Luffy as he respects Luffy deeply and out of his respect and love for Ace
Jinbei has a bounty
He will balance out the crew with his maturity, and possibly being the most normal living thing on the ship (no pervertedness, dark thoughts, or immaturity)

I had more reasons, but I forgot 'em.

Luke Beifong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don’t like so much of Carrot, but having a Mink in the crew is cool. But a really have no ideia of her role in the ship.

I want to Momo to turn into the apprentice of the SH, in my opinion it make perfect sense. But if a retainer needs to come along it will be really bad. Momo have lots of things to learn with the SH and having someone always taking care of him will be bad for his learning. But again, just my opinion.

And at least, I like the idea of Bon Clay join to as the dancer of the crew, it’s the only role I can imagine him having. But the only way for him to join is if the SH attack Impel Down again, what I don’t imagine can happen now.

Besides of them, I can’t imagine or I don’t want (depends on the character) to anyone that is in the series already to join the SH. But we know Oda, he always surprises us. That’s all I think

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I personally think Carrot will join the SH crew at the end of the Wano arc when the Minks will have to part ways with the SH after the banquet. I expect some Wanda/Minks approval since Carrot initially left Zoo secretly against the Minks’ will.

Additionally,
  • Carrot wants to discover the world
  • Carrot can be the SH look-out which she kind of already does
  • Pedro had his own adventure outside the Mink tribe and told her that it was now her time to be on her own as he decided to give his life to save the SH crew
We will see in the upcoming chapters whether Carrot follows the SH group or the Mink group during the raid on Onigashima. I think this is a good clue on what will happen for her after the banquet.

Last edited:

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Carrot will join just like robin, she sails with them for a few arcs then officially joins.

She is needed just to balance all the men in the crew.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Carrot cannot join the SH without the Mink Tribe’s judgement/approval as she left secretly her guardian role in Zou (Void Century promess to protect the Poneglyph) and this issue was not dealt with yet. It will definitely occur after the banquet when the Minks part ways with the SH Pirates and think about Pedro. It will also explain why Oda said in a SBS that the new nakamas will join right after another (Jinbe + Carrot during Wano arc).

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I personally think Carrot will join the SH crew at the end of the Wano arc when the Minks will have to part ways with the SH after the banquet. I expect some Wanda/Minks approval since Carrot initially left Zoo secretly against the Minks’ will.

Additionally,
  • Carrot wants to discover the world
  • Carrot can be the SH look-out which she kind of already does
  • Pedro had his own adventure outside the Mink tribe and told her that it was now her time to be on her own as he decided to give his life to save the SH crew
We will see in the upcoming chapters whether Carrot follows the SH group or the Mink group during the raid on Onigashima. I think this is a good clue on what will happen for her after the banquet.
Agree.​
Carrot wanna go to adventure to discover the world.​
Carrot will continue Pedro's legacy.​
Additional notes, all SH have their own color theme:​
Luffy - Red
Zoro - Green
Nami - Orange
Usopp - Brown
Sanji - Yellow
Chopper - Pink
Robin - Purple
Franky - Aqua