Discussion The Shoujo/Josei Recommendation Thread!

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Fujoshi's Favorite: The Recommendation Thread!

Of course. And Boys Love stuff has it's own section now, so ... we may need to rename this here again >.<

[nami] Separate thread eni? ;) [/nami]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Good Recommendations for Josei/Smut Manga

I have recently started reading Josei/smut mangas and have enjoyed a few so much. I am looking for more of the same and would love to share my recommendations and ask you guys to recommend some to me.
For me the manga should have
-romance,
- good in-depth character for the leading male and female characters,
- (hopefully 18+)sexy.steamy/smut scenes to spice it up and make it intense/erotic, and
- I really am a sucker for happy endings:) Romance is a beauriful dream and thats why happy endings make you wake up with a smile.
- I prefer if it has atleast 30-50 chapters, meaning it should be long and progressive. Afterall that allows for real character depth and development
My Recommendations:
1) Midnight Secretary ( available at onemanga)
2) Haou Airen ( does not have a happy ending but i've there's a drama CD with an alternative ending. Not sure. If anyone could update me on that I'd really appreciate it). I wish I could write to the author and request a part 2. This was SOOOO good. And a happy ending please:) We know its not real life:) {available at mangatraders}
3) Love Celeb
(availavle at onemanga)

Please go through my recommendations and please recommend something to me. Thanks
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Fujoshi's Favorite: The Recommendation Thread!

Some of my recent favorites:

*Natsume Yuujinchou: A beautiful, calm fairy tale. Compares well to series like Mushishi and Children of the Sea. I had put off reading it for a long time, now I'm kicking myself. One of the most enjoyable manga I've ever read.
*Chihayafuru: Great josei series about Uta-garuta and Hyakunin Isshu, a Japanese card game. Only one volume has been translated so far, I'm dying for more. Really well written, really memorable characters!
*Itoshi no Nina: Another josei about a girl kidnapped by a guy who sees her on a train, and his friend, who rescues. Not enough is translated to have to strong an opinion but what I've read was great. Hopefully more chapters are coming soon! My sig is the color page from chapter 1.
*Obaka - chan, Koigitariki: A light, fluffy school life/romance. Surprisingly funny and sweet. Recommended for anyone looking for a nice light read. Compares well to Maid - sama.
*Strobe Edge: More light romance (I love these type of series, for some reason) with enough emotional depth to feel invested in the characters. Another good school life/romance, for those interested.
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Completed Romance Titles? Suggestions Please.

Bitter virgin. kinda sad at first phsycologiclly brilliant and a happy ending. about 40 chapters its a well worthy one.
 

Shikome

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Any good shoujo manga to read?

I'm looking for a good shoujo or josei manga to read, i'm not really into mahou shoujo, but if know a good one i would like to know.

thx in advance...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Any good shoujo manga to read?

If you haven't read it try Lovely Complex. It's my favorite school life/romance manga. If you want something darker try reading something by Fujiwara Kaoru. Mukashi no Hanashi is my favorite by her. I've read all of her scanlated manga. Her manga can be quite adult, Fetish can get very disturbing, but all of her stories are very intelligent and rewarding.

I'm not a big mahou shojo fan but give Shugo Chara! a try. Great series.
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Any good shoujo manga to read?

Hm for series...
Flat by Aogiri Natsu
Oresama Teacher by Tsubaki Izumi

One shots (highly recommended) works by Midorikawa Yuuki, I find her one shots even stronger than what she does with her longer running ones.
Atsui Hibi
Hotaru no Mori E
 

candy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
756
Reaction score
103
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Recommendations please?

hana to akuma is pretty good. its got comedy and a little bit of action in it. its ongoing but the chapters are long so yeah.
 
Top