Discussion The Shoujo/Josei Recommendation Thread!

Chicunsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Re: Please reccomend a Shojo magna to me.

Ongoing, huh??.....

Many of the best classics have already ended, but if you want them on-going:
Vampire Knight
Gentleman Alliance
Moe Kare
Uwasa no Midori-kun
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Please reccomend a Shojo magna to me.

sabaku_chou said:
How 'bout clamp no kiseki?

And, fullmoon wo sagashite? but it has finished..

and, D.N.Angel?
Clamp no Kiseki are anime books, not manga, and D.N. Angel is more shounen than shoujo.
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Please reccomend a Shojo magna to me.

Clamp no Kiseki are anime books, not manga, and D.N. Angel is more shounen than shoujo.
Really? It seems that DNAngel is classified as Shojo and I'd agree with that because the romance scenes take up a lot of space. Not just that, but there aren't really many big fights in it.
 

Rafear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Recommendations please?

Finally cracked and decided to give this genre a shot, it sounds like I might enjoy it, just don't know where to begin, can someone please recommend me a series?

I would prefer it to be finished already, (Though if it's on-going and good enough, I may read it anyway.) at least have some action, (Even if it's only a very little.) and please, no gay stuff. (It's fine if other people like it, but I don't, so, I leave it to those who enjoy it.) :amuse
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: Recommendations please?

The only Shoujo I've ever watched (didn't read the manga, sorry) is D.N. Angel and honestly, it wasn't that bad consdering I usually hate shoujo. It's got action, fluffy stuff if you're into that and a good story. As far as I know the anime ended at 26 episodes while the manga is still on-going. I know you've asked for complete manga, but I think you should give it a try.
For info on D.N. Angel check mangaupdates and if you want to download the mange I'd recommend #lurk.

And don't worry about gay manga. It's called yaoi and posting (explicit) yaoi manga (along with lesbian yuri or ******) is forbidden here at mangahelpers. And I'm not sure, but you might come across shoujo where guys fall in love with each other^^;; But of course no sex. heh.
 
Last edited:

Rafear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Recommendations please?

The only Shoujo I've ever watched (didn't read the manga, sorry) is D.N. Angel and honestly, it wasn't that bad consdering I usually hate shoujo. It's got action, fluffy stuff if you're into that and a good story. As far as I know the anime ended at 26 episodes while the manga is still on-going. I know you've asked for complete manga, but I think you should give it a try.

And don't worry about gay manga. It's called yaoi and posting (explicit) yaoi manga (along with lesbian yuri or ******) is forbidden here at mangahelpers. And I'm not sure, but you might come across shoujo where guys fall in love with each other^^;; But of course no sex. heh.
Thank you, I think I'll start with DNAngel then.

And as for the gay manga thing, as long as that kind of thing is never a main focus, I'm fine, (E.X. 2 side characters you hardly ever really see are gay for each-other is ok with me, 2 main characters that you see almost all the time going gay for each-other isn't ok with me.) it's just Yaoi/Yuri seems so popular I felt the need to head it off. :amuse
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Recommendations please?

You can always try NANA. It's one of the more popular shoujo among the readers. I'm not sure if it has ended or not though (never bothered to check it since I have a lot to read >.>). But yeah, NANA is good.

Action.... ermm I doubt it, but it's great at least :XD
 

Rafear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Recommendations please?

You can always try NANA. It's one of the more popular shoujo among the readers. I'm not sure if it has ended or not though (never bothered to check it since I have a lot to read >.>). But yeah, NANA is good.

Action.... ermm I doubt it, but it's great at least :XD
Hmmmmmmmmm, interesting, doesn't interest me much though thanks anyway.
 

kaylee

mousou mashiin
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
4,039
Reaction score
813
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Recommendations please?

Did you check out the recommendations thread? Lots of detailed ones here. :amuse

Also wanted to throw in a recommendation for Vampire Knight (37 chapters, ongoing -- sorry). But it's definitely worth reading -- lots of action, compelling storyline, great characters, & beautiful art. :D
 

Rafear

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Recommendations please?

Did you check out the recommendations thread? Lots of detailed ones here. :amuse

Also wanted to throw in a recommendation for Vampire Knight (37 chapters, ongoing -- sorry). But it's definitely worth reading -- lots of action, compelling storyline, great characters, & beautiful art. :D
I might just read that one when I've caught up on DNAngel. :amuse

Edit: Though, I'm not sure if I want to read so many on-going series.... Thanks for the recommendations, I have a good Idea of what to look for now.
 
Last edited:

ZoeBaby

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Beauty is the Beast

Title: Beauty is the Beast (美女が野獣, Bijo ga Yaju)


Author: Tomo Matsumoto


Summary: Heroine moves into a dormitory.. from there we see lots of hilarious moments in their everyday life.

Details: Good thing about this series is that it's complete so it wont leave you hanging.

Why You Recommend It: Shoujo mangas basically have predictable story lines. (maybe except koukou debut :P) but generally this manga attracts me because of it's simpleness. Very neat drawings, and the main character is absolutely adorable. Straight plot, with quite a large dose of humor, and a lot of DUH moments. A light hearted read :)

Where to Get It: Stoptazmo has it, but it's uncomplete. I would recommend stopping by http://www.onemanga.com/Beauty_is_the_Beast/ to read it online.

Enjoy ~
 

squidbreath

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Recommendations please?

Try "Hot Blooded Woman" as well. from Korea, it's completed

The 1st 10 chapters are really good, but then the plot goes a bit downhill.
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Shoujo Manga Recommendation Thread

I didn't read other people's posts so I might be double posting the same title
All of them are Shoujo, some of them are Josei
L for lighthearted /and S for serious or suspenseful/ and I for in between.

L Spicy Pink
L Arakure
L Wanted
L MeruPuri
I Akuma de Sourou (my favorite)
L Koukou Debut (my favorite)
I Ai Hime~Ai to Himegoto
L Itadikmasu (this one is really smutty even though it's actually poking fun of smut mangas)
I Tenshi Jan Nai!
S Peach Girl
L Good Morning Call and Kiss
L Skip Beat
L Hana Kimi
Borderline L and I Hana Yori Dango (my favorite)
L Matsuri Special
L Ringo Nikki
+S Nana (not for everyone though...)
L Ingenuo
L The One
I Goong (manhwa)
L Five
I Midnight Secretary
 

thucduyen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Shoujo Manga Recommendation Thread

Title: Kaichou wa Meido-sama

Author: Fujiwara Hiro

Summary: Ayuzawa Misaki is the president of an 80% male population school. She's a tough girl who is a tad manly. When one of the students at the school, the most popular boy Usui Takumi, finds out she works as a maid, she fears blackmail. But actually, he likes her and the whole series is mainly about him teasing her and such. I write really bad summaries, but its a cute series.

Details: 4 volumes released, 6 scanlated chapters.

Why You Recommend It: I really like the simple art that doesnt go overboard. The story is really nice too. You cant help but love Usui. Just looking at the art made me like it since I cant read Japanese.

Where to Get It: Michex Scans has most of the chapters
6 scanlated chapters are on One Manga
 

AishaClanClan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Shoujo Manga Recommendation Thread

Title: Jun'ai Tokkou Taichou/Love Attack


Auther: Seino Shizuru

Summary: This is a manga where the guy falls in love at first sight (or I guess I should say kick=^.^=). The heroine of the story, Chiemi Yusa, has anything but a clean record at school. In fact she is about to be expelled for getting into fights with other students, unless she can make the schools number one brawler Akifumi "Deranged Devil" Hirata to clean up his act. Discover what the toughest kids in school are really like and what happens when they get together and fall in love.

Details: There are 9 Volumes, although I can only find a little other 3 Edited Mangas on the internet (as far as I know). Ongoing

Why You Recommend It: The story in general is cute and funny. It has a strong heroine who isnt too strong (she still loses sometimes) which is the kind of female character I like. It made me laugh out loud and keeps me asking for more.

Where To Get It: the only good place I've found it is
http://mangafox.com
Note: The only way to get to the manga, for some reason, is to search through the manga directory.
Thank you Baboysai for pointing this out for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Shoujo Manga Recommendation Thread

Title: Kobato

Author: CLAMP

Summary:
Hanato Kobato is a cute girl who has a mission: fill up a mysterious bottle she carries with her in order to grant her wish. For that mission, she's counting with Ioryogi's help, a little blue dog who seems very cute but who has a terrible foul mouth and bad manners. Now, Kobato-chan has to heal the people whose hearts are wounded. The only problem is that she doesn't really know how to do it. The more people/hearts she heals, the more her bottle fills itself. She only needs to take care to not fall in love with the person she's healing.
For what purpose Kobato needs to fill that bottle? Who sent her for this mission? Will she succeed?

Details: Three volumes released, currently being serialized in Monthly Newtype.

Why You Recommend It: An awesome shoujo manga by CLAMP, the storyline is pretty good, the characters are pretty awesome, and the drawings are in the classic CLAMP style, which are always nice to look at. What really makes it stand out is the unique way the plot runs, it was serialized two different times before CLAMP finally decided on a storyline.

Where to Get It: Grab all the chapters from the Lumiere website, Lumiere being the group that scans it.
 

mewtant_x

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
12
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Fujoshi's Favorite: The Recommendation Thread!

Thought of seeing the milder true blue Fujoshi's stuff here. Actually they are all Shoujo and Josei.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Fujoshi's Favorite: The Recommendation Thread!

That's because this is the former Shoujo&Josei Reccommendation thread here. We revamping this section atm to a more generally female-oriented Manga section, so I merged and renamed some stuff. Feel free to recommend what you like :amuse
 

Scakiana

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
2
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
France
Re: Fujoshi's Favorite: The Recommendation Thread!

First, sorry for my bad english. I'll try to write as best as I can but I can't promise I'll do very well :S

Title: Hôkago Hokenshitsu
(After school nightmare, l'Infirmerie après les cours)

Author: Mizushiro Setona (S, Diamond Head, The cornered mouse dreams of Cheese, X Day...)

Summary: Mashiro is half-woman, half-man, but he wants to become a normal high school student.
One day, a strange nurse brings him in an underground infirmary. There, he starts to dream with other classmates, fighting each other, hiding their real appearance.
Between dream and reality, he understands bit by bit that one's real personality is exposed in those strange dreams.
For him, it's an occasion to confirm his identity as a man.
But things are always complicated, and a strange guy and a cute girl both fall in love with him/her.

Details: The plot is quite dark and some scenes are a (tiny) bit mature. But everybody should be fine reading it.
In Japan, 10 volumes released. The story is complete.
In France, 9 (the release of the 10th one has been delayed :'()
In USA/UK, not published yet.
Contains a bit of Yuri and Yaoi, because of Mashiro's double identity.
Not really useful but tons of boys read it in France. And when boys starts to read a shôjo serie on their own, here, it means that the serie is great ^^

Why You Recommend It: The plot. Definately the plot.
Dark, really confusing, switching between dream and reality, ther charcter's dark past... but there's still a lot of romance in it.
You won't "wait for 10 volumes for a kiss", and Mizushiro totally breaks the "pureness" of the usual shôjo girls. Here we have real characters, with flaws, bad habits, traumas... (as you can see the characters are great, very developped)
Last thing I really really loved in this manga is the constant "unknow". Until the end, you won't know who's who in the dreams, what is happening after finishing the dreams, and what will be Mashiro's choice (man, or woman?)

Where to Get It: I don't use IRC (IRC + Mac = total despair) so, sorry, but I can't provide you IRC links.

But some Edited Manga teams worked on it :

http://konichiwaa.wordpress.com/projects/after-school-nightmare/

http://ttreasures.caithion.net/houkago.html
(I don't really know how their site works, sorry, it's the only link I could find for this team)

If anyone is interested, I'll try to scan my own french books and scanlate them. (but I'll need help frome someone who speaks english more fluently ^^')
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Fujoshi's Favorite: The Recommendation Thread!

so enini, we can still recommend stuff that aren't like, fujoshi-centered, right?
 
Top