Theory - The Significance of Kaidou´s Scar | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory The Significance of Kaidou´s Scar

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
We all have seem Kaidou´s Scar.

I am going to argue that whonever put that Scar on him is/was Yonkou level.
Be it Shanks, WB, Garp (when fighting against Rocks Crew on his prime), it doesn´t really matter who.

What matters is that the fighter who put it IS/WAS Yonkou level.

We also KNOW that, as thing stands, it is impossible for Luffy to beat Kaidou Alone, even with a supossedely Gear 5. Heck, sure it´d be a asspull, but realistically I can´t even see a G6 doing it.

And by "ALONE", I mean no damage on Kaidou before his fight with Luffy whatsover.

HOWEVER.

If luffy will need the help of a lotta of people to bring down Kaidou, how will his Yonkou (gokou?) status be recognized by the top tiers of the world, who clearly were NOT buying Morgan´s story?

Simple.
It all has to do with that SCAR.

Two things first

1) There is many a legend that says Dragons have ONE scale that is their weakspot. Considering Kaidou´s has weather altering capabilities, it is safe to assume for now that he has a Mythical DF. And as such, probally inherithed that weakness from the Myths. I am pretty sure that the scar is where that scale is/was

2)Theres a custom in Japan called Kintsugi, which is about reparing broken things with gold or other materials to make it more beautifull and stronger. It is also a common idea that broken bones and scarred tissue becomes stronger than it was before.

Which means that the scar where Kaidou´s weakpoint was is now stronger and harder than before it was struck the first time.

Which is not to mean it is stronger than the rest of his body. Just that it is stronger. Also, consideer, even if it is a weakspott, it is still Kaidou´s weakspot.

Wheres am I leading you, oh dear reader?
Simple
Luffy will prove his worth as a Yonkou to the other top tiers by opening Kaidou´s Scar.

That does not mean it will bring him down.
That could be achivved by using ONE well placed attack (After a lot of damage overall ofc).
In a second, with Perfect G4, G5, Awakening, you name it.
Heck, it could be even less than a second.
But on that fraction at a second, and even if only when in a limited-time hyper mode, it will be clear to the entire world:

Luffy has Yonkou-Level Power

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Certainly i hope not. I am tired of "one weakness" and "the army is done, when we kill the leader" stereotypes.

Let it be something different.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
nope, if G5 exponentially increases power like g4, then g5 luffy destroyed kaidou

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
I think those scars come from Big mom, Shanks, Rocks and Grap kun. Kaidohas been defeated before and it is most likely by those characters and their allies
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
nope, if G5 exponentially increases power like g4, then g5 luffy destroyed kaidou
there is no way

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think those scars come from Big mom, Shanks, Rocks and Grap kun. Kaidohas been defeated before and it is most likely by those characters and their allies
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

there is no way
why g5 is not enough?
new power always destroy latest villain

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
why g5 is not enough?
new power always destroy latest villain
think about it, if luffy "destroys" kaido,( the man which legend says always to bet on him in a one one one) by himself via g5 it would kill all the tension in the story and oda would write himself into a corner. Unless of course g5 has enormous drawback like gon after destroying pitou in HxH.

As I see it, Kaido will be defeated in a team effort not by luffy one on one even if luffy is the one to deliver the last hit

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
think about it, if luffy "destroys" kaido,( the man which legend says always to bet on him in a one one one) by himself via g5 it would kill all the tension in the story and oda would write himself into a corner. Unless of course g5 has enormous drawback like gon after destroying pitou in HxH.

As I see it, Kaido will be defeated in a team effort not by luffy one on one even if luffy is the one to deliver the last hit
i mean,destroy,as in dealing significant damages like to doflamingo, not stomping kaidou.

kaidou being wsc doesnt mean no one will ever beat him 1 on 1 forever.