The Society for the Study of Swedish. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Society for the Study of Swedish.

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Hiii.

I never thought i´d have an "ask me" thread. I´m not that interesting, nor popular (but Bax had nothing better to do, so he spent his time trying to convince me to make one. So here it is. :p )

In case you don´t know (and you probably don´t), I´m Agrias, mod of the Naruto Theater & Arcade section (i´ve been promoted now! #D). I was promoted to mod status when Bax and GK discovered that I had nothing better to do than to post urls to the latest Naruto episodes around - even when they´re crappy, oh yeah. #D

I´m out of ideas of what to say here, as I´m not really good on introductions. So..bah, just ask me anything if you wish. ;p

(Sasusaku fanart by Samurai-pet, Agrias by squareenix. #D)

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

First post! And I beg to differ, you're interesting :love

Why do you like Naruto?

EDIT: Hilarious pic, by the way :XD

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

First post! And I beg to differ, you're interesting :love

Why do you like Naruto?

EDIT: Hilarious pic, by the way :XD
Naruto? I hate him. I just love Sasuke. And Uchihas in general. #D

Ok, I don´t really know why I like Naruto. It´s a very chiche shounen series, but it managed to make me watch anime/read manga again, after a break of 5 years. So I guess it turned out to be special to me...and of course, i love those cheesy love and friendship stories. #D

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Say Dani-chan...

Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that :p

Ayle

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Do you like FFs?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Say Dani-chan...

Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that :p
Actually, I know plenty of female architects ^^

Ok, I don´t really know why I like Naruto. It´s a very chiche shounen series, but it managed to make me watch anime/read manga again, after a break of 5 years. So I guess it turned out to be special to me...and of course, i love those cheesy love and friendship stories. #D
What did you watch before Naruto, and why did you take a 5-year break?

And what about Sasuke x Sakura appeals to you ( I'm sure this is the question you want to be asked :amuse )

Last edited:

ornis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Agrias builds.... what exactly? What got you interested in architecture, Agrias?

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Say Dani-chan...

Agrias builds.... what exactly? What got you interested in architecture, Agrias?
Actually, I know plenty of female architects ^^
<hr noshade size="1">
By the end of the next year, i´ll be the newest architect around. ^__^
The constant visits to the construction sites are obligatory one year before graduation...and let´s say that it sucks to be a girl in a construction site, hehe...the workers are such pervs >(

What did you watch before Naruto, and why did you take a 5-year break?
5 years ago, I moved from Rio de Janeiro to Fortaleza, and I lost contact with almost all of my friends...5 years ago, it wasn´t easy to download entire series in a couple of hours here in Brazil, so we used to trade cds with episodes and buy some series together. When I got here, I had no friends - and no one to trade episodes with, or just chat :/ So I lost the will to watch new series...the studies, college entrance exams and moving took almost all my time :p

But then high speed internet was born. :hearts

Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p

And what about Sasuke x Sakura appeals to you ( I'm sure this is the question you want to be asked :amuse )
They are the perfect pairing. She´s caring, and he needs care - Sasuke only needs to acknowledge that. I think he already did, he´s just waiting to finish his things with Itachi before producing pink haired Uchihas. #D

(but it looks like Kishimoto is going to deceive me ¬¬)

Do you like FFs?
Love them. FFTactics and FF6 are my favourites. As you can see, I´m a FFT freak. The title of this thread is derived from a famous quote by Delita, in the beggining of the game #D

Bad thing is that I still didn´t had time to play FFX and FFXII...college is killing me.

Ah, please correct me everytime you see an english mistake. I won´t be angry, I promise. My english is really rusty -_-

Last edited:

ornis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

By the end of the next year, i´ll be the newest architect around. ^__^
The constant visits to the construction sites are obligatory one year before graduation...and let´s say that it sucks to be a girl in a construction site, hehe...the workers are such pervs >(
Oh, I bet that sucks.

Are any of them, uh, fit to you? You know, any "lookers?" Can't just leave this one-sided, they probably just think you're hot.

Of course, that warrants respect; I wouldn't drive away the attraction if I really care about it. Even then, if a girl I'm into "gets me," hey, perviness is hardly thrown out the window :XD

What are your thoughts on any of the constructors? I may be asking much for a well-mannered looker or maybe not. I don't know who's there. Save for the pervs :amuse

Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p
OOh, ooh! What's your favorite Miyazaki work :wtf

Do you like Ghost in the Shell? Why? Why not?

What's better music wise: Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop? If you haven't heard of them, I'm afraid I have no links. I get a lot of my anime exposure through Adult Swim or something from William Street Studios (a Cartoon Network animation department).

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Oh, I bet that sucks.

Are any of them, uh, fit to you? You know, any "lookers?" Can't just leave this one-sided, they probably just think you're hot.

Of course, that warrants respect; I wouldn't drive away the attraction if I really care about it. Even then, if a girl I'm into "gets me," hey, perviness is hardly thrown out the window :XD

What are your thoughts on any of the constructors? I may be asking much for a well-mannered looker or maybe not. I don't know who's there. Save for the pervs :amuse
The workers are old, sweaty, ugly, smelly and most of them are bad mannered as well. #D So, to their standarts, any person with boobs is hot. ^^;
Some rare respectful ones are really kind and are always helping me out, I´m glad they exist ;p
The engineering students and the engineers themselves are younger and not so bad, but they´re pervy too. I know when they´re looking ¬¬

And no, i´d never be attracted by any of those, never ^^;;;

OOh, ooh! What's your favorite Miyazaki work :wtf
I´m torn between Laputa, Nausicaa and Grave of the Fireflies (so sad ;~~). I liked Chihiro too.
Ops! Grave of the Fireflies wasn´t by Miyazaki, was it? I think it´s just a Ghibli production. ;p

Do you like Ghost in the Shell? Why? Why not?
This one is a classic...I still haven´t watched Innocence and Stand Alone Complex, though. ;/ I´m not really into sci-fi, but I liked this one a lot when I watched.
Fujikomas :hearts

What's better music wise: Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop? If you haven't heard of them, I'm afraid I have no links. I get a lot of my anime exposure through Adult Swim or something from William Street Studios (a Cartoon Network animation department).
I love Cowboy Bebop in every aspect, music included. Can´t say the same for Samurai Champloo, as I´ve never watched it #D

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Don't you have a boyfriend anyway? So the workers better keep their mitts off, right? :D

Do watch Samurai Champloo, it's awesome, maybe not as awesome as Cowboy Bebop but you still should watch it anyway.

And are you interested in working for architectural firm, or to start your own business?

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Don't you have a boyfriend anyway? So the workers better keep their mitts off, right? :D
Yeah, and he´s very jealous #D He wanted to go to the construction site with me once, hehe. #D

Do watch Samurai Champloo, it's awesome, maybe not as awesome as Cowboy Bebop but you still should watch it anyway.
I think I watched an episode on tv once...it really didn´t get my attention, is it that good?;p

And are you interested in working for architectural firm, or to start your own business?
Anything is good....for begginers, it´s hard to start a business, but some say it´s the only way to make money nowadays...

I feel kinda of lost right now....it feels like i´ve been studying for almost 6 years, and I still haven´t learned anything *_* I´m so afraaaid ;_;

I´m such a noob! I´ve never noticed you could change forum skins...and i just noticed my siggy looks AWFUL in the dark skin! Stupid gifs, gotta redo it ;_;

Last edited:

kaylee

mousou mashiin
Reaction score
Country
United States

Agrias! :hug

What did you start first -- the anime or manga for Naruto? Which do you like better?

What are your 3 favorite anime?

They are the perfect pairing. She´s caring, and he needs care - Sasuke only needs to acknowledge that. I think he already did, he´s just waiting to finish his things with Itachi before producing pink haired Uchihas. #D
Ever see this comic? :gigglebunny

I think I watched an episode on tv once...it really didn´t get my attention, is it that good?;p
YES!! Samurai Champloo is that good. In fact, on my second time watching, I decided it was better than Cowboy Bebop (although the music isn't as good). Not every episode is fantastic, so maybe you caught one of those... but some just blew me away. You should definitely check it out! :D

I feel kinda of lost right now....it feels like i´ve been studying for almost 6 years, and I still haven´t learned anything *_* I´m so afraaaid ;_;
Don't worry, almost everyone feels that way when they graduate. I know I did, anyway. But sometimes I think the point of college isn't to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn things on your own. So don't worry. Once you start your job, I'm sure you'll do great! :D

I´m such a noob! I´ve never noticed you could change forum skins...and i just noticed my siggy looks AWFUL in the dark skin! Stupid gifs, gotta redo it ;_;
Hehe. The important thing is, it looks great with my color scheme! :D

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Agrias! :hug

What did you start first -- the anime or manga for Naruto? Which do you like better?
I started with the anime, but now i´m most interested on the manga, of course. Can´t wait for the team 7 reunion #D
I´m torn between the manga and the anime, i love both. Except the fillers and slow paced episodes of the anime, and the manga fights that take more than 5 weeks to end.

By the way, I can´t stand the Jiraiya fight anymore. ¬¬

What are your 3 favorite anime?
It´s so difficult to choose only 3...but right now, I guess they would be Macross, Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin. Ops, I guess I don´t like Kenshin as a anime series, only the manga...last favourite anime...agh, I´ll go with Slayers. Kimagure Orange Road. Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucky Star. So maaaany ;_;

Ever see this comic? :gigglebunny

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHA #D~~

Thaaanks, i had never seen it before! I guess that would be really funny >D

YES!! Samurai Champloo is that good. In fact, on my second time watching, I decided it was better than Cowboy Bebop (although the music isn't as good). Not every episode is fantastic, so maybe you caught one of those... but some just blew me away. You should definitely check it out! :D
When I finish Bleach, that will be my next one. I just started watching/reading Bleach, can you believe it?;p

Don't worry, almost everyone feels that way when they graduate. I know I did, anyway. But sometimes I think the point of college isn't to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn things on your own. So don't worry. Once you start your job, I'm sure you'll do great! :D
Thanks ;~~~)

Hey kaylee, create your thread! It´s th time for us rookies to SHIINE! #D

Last edited:

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Agrias has a thread now!!! :whoo

hmm....what's your favorite non-anime movie? Do you like to read, other than manga? and btw, I love that you love Kenshin, that's my favorite too :love

and the most important question of life...what's your favorite food? :nuts

Agrias

Holy Knight
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Agrias has a thread now!!! :whoo
:glomp :glomp :glomp

hmm....what's your favorite non-anime movie?
KILL BILL, both parts o_o I love it so much *_*

Do you like to read, other than manga? and btw, I love that you love Kenshin, that's my favorite too :love
Yeah, sure ^^ My favourite books are The Silmarillion, A Clockwork Orange and A Brave New World. But its been a long time since i last read something pleasant, now i just read boring architecture books. :(
Ah, there´s a really good book that is not about architecture, but every architecture student reads and loves - and that´s my case: Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. That would be my current fav.

and the most important question of life...what's your favorite food? :nuts
:wtf
I love to eat #D~~~~~~

SUSHI!!!!! *_* Yakisoba...BigMac and Cheddar McMelt (this one is a mc donalds sandwich, i´m not sure if they sell it outside Brazi, as they say this one is a brazillian one ;p)
I was recently introduced to Burger King, so I must say Whoppers are starting to make me happy. Ah, Junk Food :scry

gluttony

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

wowww agrias thread :D this is strange talking to you in english! the other day i went to the website your boyfriend's band. they're pretty cool!!!! i would love to hear some anime openings too!

ok here is a question, do you like to do any artistic stuff as a hobby and not as a job, i mean, like sculture or painting in your free time?

kaylee

mousou mashiin
Reaction score
Country
United States

I started with the anime, but now i´m most interested on the manga, of course. Can´t wait for the team 7 reunion #D
I´m torn between the manga and the anime, i love both. Except the fillers and slow paced episodes of the anime, and the manga fights that take more than 5 weeks to end.

By the way, I can´t stand the Jiraiya fight anymore. ¬¬
Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are bored with it already. The constant summonings were a bit boring, but there's potential to make it exciting again with Pain's new human summons. But I think I care more about getting Pain's backstory than the actual battle right now. :p

And I can't wait until we finally get back to Sasuke and Itachi!! (and maybe Naruto?) :nuts

When I finish Bleach, that will be my next one. I just started watching/reading Bleach, can you believe it?;p
Hehe. Don't worry, you're not the only one. :amuse
I've been caught up on the manga for a while now, but I still have only watched like 5 episodes of the anime. :p

Hey kaylee, create your thread! It´s th time for us rookies to SHIINE! #D
But I like spamming other people's threads so much better! (so thanks for creating one! :D)

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

:glomp :XD

KILL BILL, both parts o_o I love it so much *_*
Those are great movies, I agree :smile-big I LOVE the Superman theory at the end, so brilliant :amuse

Ah, there´s a really good book that is not about architecture, but every architecture student reads and loves - and that´s my case: Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. That would be my current fav.
are you serious?!! I'm actually reading that right now!!! :XD It's very good, Calvino is just a beautiful writer :love

I love to eat #D~~~~~~
me too! :nuts

SUSHI!!!!! *_* Yakisoba...BigMac and Cheddar McMelt (this one is a mc donalds sandwich, i´m not sure if they sell it outside Brazi, as they say this one is a brazillian one ;p)
I was recently introduced to Burger King, so I must say Whoppers are starting to make me happy. Ah, Junk Food :scry
ooooh, yakisoba is delicious :love I tried to make it myself once though, and it was complete disaster :XD

ah! Do you read One Piece? :nuts

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Heya Agrias, nice to see you settling in nod Can't say I'm a big lurker in the Naruto section but you shall see me sometimes in this thread because...

Agrias said:
Slayers. Kimagure Orange Road. Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucky Star
That list's just too awesome :nuts I'll make you join my brigade >.> So a couple of questions... Sorry if there are too many^^;;

- Saint Seiya : Favorite Saint? (hope you won't pick Aldebaran only because he's Brazilian :nuts)
- Macross : Favorite characters? Ever took a look at Macross Plus? Do you think that the upcoming series, Macross F, will be better than the last TV series Macross 7? (which shouldn't be hard, but well >.>)
- Slayers : Favorite characters? If you've watched the OVAs, which is your favorite one?
- Lodoss : Favorite characters? Which one would you choose, between cosplaying as Deedlit or as Pirotess? :XD

I'll keep other questions for later, that's already a lot :sweat

This one is a classic...I still haven´t watched Innocence and Stand Alone Complex, though. ;/ I´m not really into sci-fi, but I liked this one a lot when I watched.
Fujikomas :hearts
Seeing your list of favorite animes, I have little doubts you wouldn't like either :amuse I strongly advise you the Stand Alone Complex series, if only because Tachikomas>Fuchikomas :amuse