Hangout The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Sport Thread!

LadyHatake said:
You're really lucky to have met all of these guys. I wish I had that kind of luck.
Weeeell, in the case of John "Baby Shaq" Henderson, I think I was more unlucky than lucky. :lmao And he wasn't the only big guy on his team, either... his team totally kicked our team's ass in the state championship game 36-14, and I think I still have bruises from having to deal with him ( he also played tight end at the time ) XD Trying to hit a monster like that at full speed - I don't recommend it at all.

But I did get an autograph from him in college for some girls who were big fans of him, so that was cool.

Wow. That GM isn't very smart. I agree with you. When you get rid of your heart and soul, there's nothing left to keep the team going. That's alot of pressure to put on those rookies. usually they look up to the players who have been there longer and that's where they learn and get their inspiration form, but if those players aren't around, who's there for them to look up to and stuff?
Hear, hear.

Yeah, I root for players more than teams. The main reason I support the Colts is Peyton Manning. BTW, Who's his brother playing for?
The Giants. And actually, that's the first game of the season! Colts at Giants. On my birthday, too. Peyton's first game against his little brother. It'll be majorly cool.

While I love Peyton to death, he probably could get away with losing this game, though. His legacy as a great player is already sealed, both in Indianapolis and the NFL. Eli really needs the support of his city at the moment to get his career going, and winning this game would probably give him a good momentum. So I'm kinda neutral on who I'll be rooting for in that game, although my heart will probably go for Peyton. He probably doesn't want to be beaten by his little brother at all.

I heard a funny story the other day from one of my friends about how Peyton and Eli (who would talk about football all the time) was talking about it this past summer, and Peyton was like "hey how is that new guy on your defense doing?" And Eli is like "oh, he's GREAT, he's one of the most athletic --- hey, are you drilling me?" So they couldn't talk about football like usual because their game against each other is the first one this season. So they looked at each other and they both had to shut up about it. :amuse

I bet they still get hints from their dad, though.

I root for the Falcons because that's my dads "home team" and it's who I grew up watching. Just like the Braves.
Figures. What college team does your dad root for, the Georgia Bulldogs or the Georgia Tech Jackets? Heh.

I also root for the Vikings, on occasion. My mom's from Minnasota, so I have to support them, too. :)
Kinda reminds me of when I rooted for the Carolina Panthers, just 'cause my mom is from North Carolina and my aunt and uncle go to their games all the time, heh. They might have a good team this year too... but they'll have to go up against the Falcons, huh. XD

EDIT:

Wow, LadyHatake! :o That's some injury list... weird thing though, having played football, baseball, rugby, and ran track, you'd think I'd have sustained more injuries, but the only one I really got on the field was a lacerated chin - only 6 stitches, though. That's it. o.O

But I bet I'd get more injuries now.. I'm old these days :amuse
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

Gold Knight said:
The Giants. And actually, that's the first game of the season! Colts at Giants. On my birthday, too. Peyton's first game against his little brother. It'll be majorly cool.

While I love Peyton to death, he probably could get away with losing this game, though. His legacy as a great player is already sealed, both in Indianapolis and the NFL. Eli really needs the support of his city at the moment to get his career going, and winning this game would probably give him a good momentum. So I'm kinda neutral on who I'll be rooting for in that game, although my heart will probably go for Peyton. He probably doesn't want to be beaten by his little brother at all.

I heard a funny story the other day from one of my friends about how Peyton and Eli (who would talk about football all the time) was talking about it this past summer, and Peyton was like "hey how is that new guy on your defense doing?" And Eli is like "oh, he's GREAT, he's one of the most athletic --- hey, are you drilling me?" So they couldn't talk about football like usual because their game against each other is the first one this season. So they looked at each other and they both had to shut up about it. :amuse

I bet they still get hints from their dad, though.
That's going to be one heck of a game. I'll probably root for Peyton, though. I know what he's capable of and I've been supporting him for awhile now. Eli has to impress me first. XD I'm sure that once I've seen Eli play I'll probably root for him, too.

Figures. What college team does your dad root for, the Georgia Bulldogs or the Georgia Tech Jackets? Heh.
He was a Bulldogs fan, actually :) Still is. He and my cousin Steven (who just graduated from UnivGeor) went to a game last fall and my dad had the time of his life ^^
Kinda reminds me of when I rooted for the Carolina Panthers, just 'cause my mom is from North Carolina and my aunt and uncle go to their games all the time, heh. They might have a good team this year too... but they'll have to go up against the Falcons, huh. XD
I rooted for the Panthers 3 or 4 years ago when they were at the Superbowl...Lost $50 on a bet :darn But yeah, I am excited for the Falcons. I can't wait for the season to start! I love Monday Night Football XD My favorite part of the football season is that it's during the holidays. I love watching football on Thanksgiving. My dad and I laze around in front of the televison while my mom cooks XD It's so much fun.
EDIT:

Wow, LadyHatake! :o That's some injury list... weird thing though, having played football, baseball, rugby, and ran track, you'd think I'd have sustained more injuries, but the only one I really got on the field was a lacerated chin - only 6 stitches, though. That's it. o.O

But I bet I'd get more injuries now.. I'm old these days :amuse
I'm so injury prone. >.< Mostly because I'm not worried about getting hurt, so I do whatever I can to win. I hate losing XD Field hockey season started today. My team had practice this morning. I went, but I can't play for another few weeks yet. I get the cast off in a week or two, I think. The sooner, the better. I hate having to sit on the sidelines and watch my team play :crying

EDIT: Did you see the Raiders/Eagles expo game? That one guy from the Eagles (Forgot his name :headscratch oh yeah, Perry.) got hit so hard he lost the feeling in his extremities! That has to be one of the scariest things that could happen. They said he's okay now, though. Overall, it was a good game. Philadelphia had a 55-yd field goal. Alot of turnovers, though :\
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Sport Thread!

LadyHatake said:
He was a Bulldogs fan, actually :) Still is. He and my cousin Steven (who just graduated from UnivGeor) went to a game last fall and my dad had the time of his life
Bah, Volunteers all the way XD When I went to UT I was able to to go to every home game at Neyland Stadium and it was always awesome, 'cause it's such a biiiig place. Orange everywhere (Naruto'd love it!)! XD Though I have to say Georgia has been our toughest rival lately.

^^I rooted for the Panthers 3 or 4 years ago when they were at the Superbowl...Lost $50 on a bet :darn
Doggone these stupid Patriots >.<

But yeah, I am excited for the Falcons. I can't wait for the season to start! I love Monday Night Football XD My favorite part of the football season is that it's during the holidays. I love watching football on Thanksgiving. My dad and I laze around in front of the televison while my mom cooks XD It's so much fun.
Always a nice way to spend Thanksgiving :D

I'm so injury prone. >.< Mostly because I'm not worried about getting hurt, so I do whatever I can to win. I hate losing XD Field hockey season started today. My team had practice this morning. I went, but I can't play for another few weeks yet. I get the cast off in a week or two, I think. The sooner, the better. I hate having to sit on the sidelines and watch my team play :crying
Let us know how your team does here, maybe we can send some positive vibes to them :D Btw, I think it's the other way around... if you worry too much about getting hurt, that's usually how you get hurt. I never worried about it either and I didn't get hurt often, so... but if you run into a wall, whether you're worrying about getting hurt or not, chances are you'll get hurt either way XD

EDIT: Did you see the Raiders/Eagles expo game? That one guy from the Eagles (Forgot his name :headscratch oh yeah, Perry.) got hit so hard he lost the feeling in his extremities! That has to be one of the scariest things that could happen. They said he's okay now, though. Overall, it was a good game. Philadelphia had a 55-yd field goal. Alot of turnovers, though :\
Wow, you even watch preseason games XD Yeah, I caught some of that game while I was writing my Ten Comments. ^_^
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

Gold Knight said:
Bah, Volunteers all the way XD When I went to UT I was able to to go to every home game at Neyland Stadium and it was always awesome, 'cause it's such a biiiig place. Orange everywhere (Naruto'd love it!)! XD Though I have to say Georgia has been our toughest rival lately.
huh. That's something I'll have to look into if I end up going to Virginia Tech next year XD
Free games? You bet I'd volunteer!
Georgia is teh best. :D Bulldog pride, my friend!
Doggone these stupid Patriots >.<
YEAH! Down with their constant winning and Tom Brady!! :XD I want to see someone else in the Superbowl for a change! lol.
Let us know how your team does here, maybe we can send some positive vibes to them :D Btw, I think it's the other way around... if you worry too much about getting hurt, that's usually how you get hurt. I never worried about it either and I didn't get hurt often, so... but if you run into a wall, whether you're worrying about getting hurt or not, chances are you'll get hurt either way XD
Thanks, I'll do that. It's looking pretty good (Better than expected, I mean) and we have 20 freshman trying out o.O
My coach usually only keeps 18 per team XD So for JV alone, thats like 30 girls trying out for 18 spots. Varsity, on the other hand, is only about 15, meaning a few younger girls (sophmores, most likely) will be pulled up to varsiity
I walk into my door way every morning on the way too the bathroom XD Guess I'm never awake enough to keep myself from walking into it. :D Maybe I just have bad luck, as far as injuries go...I got kicked in the face by a goalkeeper once. My coach laughed at me :notrust
Wow, you even watch preseason games XD Yeah, I caught some of that game while I was writing my Ten Comments. ^_^
Of course I watch preseason games ;) How else do I find out who's a worthy opponent? XD
I still haven't read any of your ten comments :darn I guess I'll go check them out ;)

I marked my bedroom calender for the Colts vs Titans game on the Sunday, Spetember 10th. I put little hearts around it XD God I love the NFL! That's your birthday, too, right? What a good birthday gift ^^
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Sport Thread!

Go back to your calendar and mark out Titans and put Giants there instead ;)

As for preseason games and worthy opponents, I have to warn you, the preseason is never really a good way to gauge teams. Most teams don't even show one play from their "real" gamebooks for half these games. It's part of the reason why I don't really get excited about preseason games anyway, because half the time the preseason winners end up being losers...

And stupid goalkeeper... >.< Kick her butt next time! And 20 freshmen trying out.. . heh.. my high school team used to have like 80-90 players so I always had a lot of competition to deal with, too. But somehow I managed.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

Gold Knight said:
Go back to your calendar and mark out Titans and put Giants there instead ;)
>.< My bad.
As for preseason games and worthy opponents, I have to warn you, the preseason is never really a good way to gauge teams. Most teams don't even show one play from their "real" gamebooks for half these games. It's part of the reason why I don't really get excited about preseason games anyway, because half the time the preseason winners end up being losers...
I suppose so, but I still love watching them ^^ Gives me something to look forward to.
And stupid goalkeeper... >.< Kick her butt next time! And 20 freshmen trying out.. . heh.. my high school team used to have like 80-90 players so I always had a lot of competition to deal with, too. But somehow I managed.
It happened in like 8th grade...she's long graduated. It was one of two times that I ever played a field position. I've always been a goalkeeper. but if we're up by 10 goals or somehting usuallly the coach just lets us play around. Nevertheless, I haven't played field since -.- I don't mind getting hit by one of these once in awhile:


But getting kicked in the face made me realize something: I'd rather be doing the kicking than getting kicked XD. Those balls really hurt though...it's like getting beamed with a solid plastic baseball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...Floyd Landis has tested positive for drugs and may be stripped of his Tour De france title. Why am I not surprised? -.-

The Twins lost to the Tigers :crying Why do Minnasota teams never win??
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Sport Thread!

Well since I dont watch football, I'm gonna give you a list of my sports injuries.

- fractured left shin from football (soccer) when i was 9
- broken nose from getting punched in a pencak silat (a form of martial art from Indonesia and Malaysia too, i think) tournament.
- fractured left knuckles from the same tournament.
- torn left calf muscle from a football tackle
- dislocated left shoulder from aikido
- dislocated left ankle from another football tackle (i dont know why they kept tackling me, i'm the goalie)
- fractured left knuckles from football (actually, it happened in a football riot)
- chipped two of my front teeth in a football match.

I really need to get rid the left side of my body. Anyone can hook me up with a great cyborg scientist?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

All of your injuries were major serious...o.O Compared to you mine were mere scratches XD
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
- dislocated left ankle from another football tackle (i dont know why they kept tackling me, i'm the goalie)
:spaz :whoo :woo I'm a goalie too ^^ IN both football/soccer and field hockey.

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
I really need to get rid the left side of my body. Anyone can hook me up with a great cyborg scientist?
Yeah, I know a really good one over in London. He's does decent work, and he isn't too expensive. Want me to give you his card?
XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Sport Thread!

LadyHatake said:
All of your injuries were major serious...o.O Compared to you mine were mere scratches XD
:spaz :whoo :woo I'm a goalie too ^^ IN both football/soccer and field hockey.
Yeah, I know a really good one over in London. He's does decent work, and he isn't too expensive. Want me to give you his card?
XD
No, it was not a really serious injury. Wow, i played hockey too for a year and a goalie too! But somehow i never got any serious injury, except for that time when the opponent's hockey stick somehow went full speed to my groin. God bless the person that invented those metal cups.
Thanks for the info, I tried looking for an automail shop, but haven't found any.
 

yeste

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The Sport Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
(i dont know why they kept tackling me, i'm the goalie)
Sometimes they just do!!! :p because they are …


You guys sure suffered a loot of injuries… That always suck!!!! Anyway here’s mine….

Destroyed my right elbow on a basketball game when I was 12-13… Surgery, wires in arm, two month bandage ( no not bandage but I don’t know the word, sorry… other thing that immobilizes the arm so that you cant move it, hard stuff… ) rehabilitation, after a year another surgery to take the wires out… again a month or two with bandage… Suckedddddd a loooooooot!!!!!!!!! It still hurts sometimes…. I started playing BBL right after hehehe!!!!!! Played for 6-7 more years… I hardly do nowdays…

Broken one tiny little bone in my left hand – palm, two months of that thing on my arm, in a bike incident!!! Lost some of my skin too…

Those are the two major ones that I can remember, kind of cooled it down when I turned 20.



ZOMG NFL fans here!?!!!! I started to watch NFL 5-6 seasons ago… I’m not a big fan meaning that I don’t know jack about players/teams and stuff like that ( OK I do know team names and towns they come from… ) but I like watching the games…

First one I ever watched was NY Jets – Miami Dolphins and what a game it was. Jets wore down hard in the half time, it was something like 26-3 not sure, and I was like hehehe they’re f-ed, but the commentator kept saying “wait, in this game turnovers happen like in no other, the Jets can do it…” Yeah, right, you’re gonna lose your job dumba**!!! And WOOOWWW the second half continued, and what a turnover… Jets totally owned Miami!!!!!!!!! WTF did just happen there???? So I continued to watch every Sunday, very late at night here, and watched the whole season ( which doesn’t last very long… ) Yes, I liked the sport very much even dough it had a very strange name ( I’m just joking around… Soccer fan here boys and girls… ) and I kinda sympathized the Jets back then…

Later on, people told me that the Jets SuCK ( and I saw this line many times in the movies, almost as much as the line “ ahhhhh Knicks suck!” :p) and that they wore the equivalents of * looks around for Tothenham fans, sorry in advanced!!!* of Tothenhamm Hotspurs… But I still like to watch their games sometimes…

So basically I’ve watched all seasons from then, except the last one ( damn tv station canceled broadcasting…) so I’m kind of a NFL fan aswell. And there are loads of people I know who are just NFL crazy…

Also watched NBA for the last 10-12 years. Now, that’s something I know almost as much about as European football.

And about Euro Football or soccer, I refuse to talk about it, or think about it, and that’s how it will be for me for a some time, because of the plays and the rankings of my national team in the World Cup – dead last… A*sh***s!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

yeste said:
Destroyed my right elbow on a basketball game when I was 12-13… Surgery, wires in arm, two month bandage ( no not bandage but I don’t know the word, sorry… other thing that immobilizes the arm so that you cant move it, hard stuff… ) rehabilitation, after a year another surgery to take the wires out… again a month or two with bandage… Suckedddddd a loooooooot!!!!!!!!! It still hurts sometimes…. I started playing BBL right after hehehe!!!!!! Played for 6-7 more years… I hardly do nowdays…
That arm thing might be claled a cast or a splint. That sucks though. I had surgery on my knee when I tore my ACL. The only other time I've had anesthesia was when I had my wisdom teeth pulled a month or two ago. That was alomst as bad as the ACL surgery and subsequent rehab.... :darn
ZOMG NFL fans here!?!!!! I started to watch NFL 5-6 seasons ago… I’m not a big fan meaning that I don’t know jack about players/teams and stuff like that ( OK I do know team names and towns they come from… ) but I like watching the games…

First one I ever watched was NY Jets – Miami Dolphins and what a game it was. Jets wore down hard in the half time, it was something like 26-3 not sure, and I was like hehehe they’re f-ed, but the commentator kept saying “wait, in this game turnovers happen like in no other, the Jets can do it…” Yeah, right, you’re gonna lose your job dumba**!!! And WOOOWWW the second half continued, and what a turnover… Jets totally owned Miami!!!!!!!!! WTF did just happen there???? So I continued to watch every Sunday, very late at night here, and watched the whole season ( which doesn’t last very long… ) Yes, I liked the sport very much even dough it had a very strange name ( I’m just joking around… Soccer fan here boys and girls… ) and I kinda sympathized the Jets back then…

Later on, people told me that the Jets SuCK ( and I saw this line many times in the movies, almost as much as the line “ ahhhhh Knicks suck!” :p) and that they wore the equivalents of * looks around for Tothenham fans, sorry in advanced!!!* of Tothenhamm Hotspurs… But I still like to watch their games sometimes…

So basically I’ve watched all seasons from then, except the last one ( damn tv station canceled broadcasting…) so I’m kind of a NFL fan aswell. And there are loads of people I know who are just NFL crazy…

Also watched NBA for the last 10-12 years. Now, that’s something I know almost as much about as European football.

And about Euro Football or soccer, I refuse to talk about it, or think about it, and that’s how it will be for me for a some time, because of the plays and the rankings of my national team in the World Cup – dead last… A*sh***s!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
NFL fans for life, baby!! XD

I'm not too into the NBA though. Basketball has never been my thing. It gets too repetitive for me :|

Yeah, well, America didn't do so great in the WC either, so don't feel too bad. Ryk's the only one who got a happy ending XD
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Sport Thread!

yeste said:
First one I ever watched was NY Jets – Miami Dolphins and what a game it was. Jets wore down hard in the half time, it was something like 26-3 not sure, and I was like hehehe they’re f-ed, but the commentator kept saying “wait, in this game turnovers happen like in no other, the Jets can do it…” Yeah, right, you’re gonna lose your job dumba**!!! And WOOOWWW the second half continued, and what a turnover… Jets totally owned Miami!!!!!!!!! WTF did just happen there???? So I continued to watch every Sunday, very late at night here, and watched the whole season ( which doesn’t last very long… ) Yes, I liked the sport very much even dough it had a very strange name ( I’m just joking around… Soccer fan here boys and girls… ) and I kinda sympathized the Jets back then…
Saw that game. Was a Monday Football game, wasn't it? One of the few times my dad ( a Miami Dolphins fan, btw ) actually stayed up to see the end of a game, and his team lost in unbelievable fashion. =/

I think that soured him on NFL ever since. Too bad.
 

yeste

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The Sport Thread!

Sunday, Monday who knows anymore… I get lost with the time diference!!! I remember the game ended in 6:30 am and an hour later, I went to collage/university for lab practices or something like that…But I cant remember if it was Monday or Tuesday here… You’re probably right!!!

Who’s good this year??? I mean which are the favorites??? You know, now that I think about it, everyone can tell the favorites in euro football leagues every year because there are up to 5 ( overstatement!!! ) teams in every league that have dissent chances of wining it… And one of that 5 teams, ok 2-3 would be more precise, wins it every year… The only thing I cant tell is who will win the Champions League.

I think this is not how it is in the NFL, or I just don’t know enough… But I remember when Tampa won it ( I won some sweet money on that one, they had +3 on them and won with more than 20 points if I remember correctly – stupid bookies!!!! Serves them right ) they didn’t even go to the playoffs next year… Does this happen often, or do you have like 5-6 teams that are considered favorites every year!!! Or is it more like NBA???
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

yeste said:
Sunday, Monday who knows anymore… I get lost with the time diference!!! I remember the game ended in 6:30 am and an hour later, I went to collage/university for lab practices or something like that…But I cant remember if it was Monday or Tuesday here… You’re probably right!!!

Who’s good this year??? I mean which are the favorites??? You know, now that I think about it, everyone can tell the favorites in euro football leagues every year because there are up to 5 ( overstatement!!! ) teams in every league that have dissent chances of wining it… And one of that 5 teams, ok 2-3 would be more precise, wins it every year… The only thing I cant tell is who will win the Champions League.

I think this is not how it is in the NFL, or I just don’t know enough… But I remember when Tampa won it ( I won some sweet money on that one, they had +3 on them and won with more than 20 points if I remember correctly – stupid bookies!!!! Serves them right ) they didn’t even go to the playoffs next year… Does this happen often, or do you have like 5-6 teams that are considered favorites every year!!! Or is it more like NBA???
Well, the NFL seems to fluctuate as far as who's the strongest team. One year a team will go to the superbowl, and the next they'll be at the bottom of their divison. Don't really know why though. It's possible that drafts, player trades, and injuries change the team dynamic (for better or for worse).
 

yeste

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The Sport Thread!

Maybe the system in the US is more fair than the one in Europe. Maybe?

You know, there are no such things as limits for the money involved, or draft!!! It’s a free market here so the big guns are now fighting over who will give out the most millions to have some 14 year old talented player form somewhere in their team. Basically, almost everyone can be bought…

But then again, even with the restrictions in the US, there is way more money involved than in Europe. I mean I know there are limits to money when it comes to transfers ( here there isn’t!!! So the clubs spend awesome amounts just to bring the player to sing for them. ), but players have way bigger salaries in the US… So, I don’t know…

Which one is more fair… I cant decide…
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The Sport Thread!

I don't know NFL, but in NBA the worst teams could draft the best new talent and the salary cap limit the number of good player a team coul enlist, so in some years a team very low in the ranking could be capable of winning the championiship. I'm not sure but I think San Antonio Spurs before to draft Duncan wasn't very strong, now the team is one of the best.
 

yeste

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
551
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Vatican City State
Re: The Sport Thread!

Luckas04 said:
I don't know NFL, but in NBA the worst teams could draft the best new talent and the salary cap limit the number of good player a team coul enlist, so in some years a team very low in the ranking could be capable of winning the championiship. I'm not sure but I think San Antonio Spurs before to draft Duncan wasn't very strong, now the team is one of the best.
Yeah, I know this… But do you think this way is more fair than open market for players…

And... Yes you're right!!! They did have David Robinson back then but diliberately played bad season so they can draft Duncan...
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The Sport Thread!

yeste said:
Yeah, I know this… But do you think this way is more fair than open market for players…
Sincerely, I didn't think a lot about this, but with open market in soccer only team with a lot of money to buy player are strong, in NBA obviously money is important but things seem a little more fair, but I really don't know a lot.
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: The Sport Thread!

The sport i love the most definitely is VOLLEYBALL :D

i like a lot of sports, there are only a few which i don't like.

I used to do sports my whole life XD
i played Badminton for ages (4 years i think it was...), did swimming when i was little, canoing in a school working group, dancing for a year (but i didn't like it very much and i wasn't very good at it...), did athletics for 2 years and gymnastics for 3 years (when i was...5 years old? XD) i'm sure i forgot something...oh well XD
After i had some big arguments with my badminton coach i quit after 4 years because my coach was pissed off at me for beating her son at Badminton over and over again...
after 3 months without sports i couldn't stand it anymore and tried to play Volleyball. (my whole family plays/played Volleyball, so it's kinda family sports for us XD) Now i'm playing Volleyball for 9 years, and i can say that my team and me are really successful for a team with the average age of 18. We play in the 4th German Leauge. We also play A-Youth in the highest west german youth leage and won the West German's Championship twice and were qualified for the German's Championship (where only the 16 best youth teams of germany can participate). We became 5th and 8th there. =)

Sports i hate...
Golf x_x That's the most boring sports i can think of!
i also don't like Soccer very much (even though the World Cup was really cool to watch because of all the euphoria in Germany XD). I don't like to play it and i don't really like to watch it.

I think that's about it...XD
 

rennokun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Sport Thread!

BlueChild said:
Sports i hate...
Golf x_x That's the most boring sports i can think of!
i also don't like Soccer very much (even though the World Cup was really cool to watch because of all the euphoria in Germany XD). I don't like to play it and i don't really like to watch it.
Golf its fun. well maybe not when ure wathcing it on Tv thats boring. if u wana make golf more fun puts a wager on it with your friends that gona make the games gets more competitive and fun. i agree with u on soccer h8 them cant stand them especially when their is crying and diving involve :XD
 
Top